What's new

cleaning in dwc and rdwc

excon

Hi
So when ever i see a solid line rdwc i wonder how often do you clean the pipes and reservoirs ?

I am running a dwc setup with plain buckets and airlines in but do a full water change all 14 days and add every 4- 7 plain water just a few nutes.

This 14 day complete clean prevents slime and algae
How often do you clean all parts of the rdwc ?

:tiphat:

Snype

Veteran
After I empty the solution in the system I fill it up with water and bleach and run it overnight. The next day I take a sponge to it but I don't take the system apart.

After I empty the bleach solution, I fill it back up with water and drain it again. Then I let it dry overnight and I'm ready to go.

excon

After every empty the solution ? i guess you ment harvest - so you have ca. 80 days running per cycle then do cleaning run ?

Snype

Veteran
After every empty the solution ? i guess you ment harvest - so you have ca. 80 days running per cycle then do cleaning run ?

Yeah my bad. I was typing fast. After harvest that's what I do. So yeah it's roughly every 80 days but dependent on strain and technique.

excon

cool yeah 80 days as a ballpark - i saw your setup - thats impressive - do you add any slime build up additives ?

Snype

Veteran
cool yeah 80 days as a ballpark - i saw your setup - thats impressive - do you add any slime build up additives ?

Like I state, I don't add anything besides, GH Flora Micro, GH Flora Bloom, pH Down and Clorox Bleach. No Bloom Boosters and nothing else. Just those 4 products.

excon

do you have a lot of debris in the water ?- i have some buildup at the bottom of each bucket from who knows what - clay stones/fertilizer is my guess

the main reason i change water 100% after 14 days is the quality - but maybe the recirculating prevents that

also a no on filters/screens/skimers for the plumbing ?

lvtokerr

My first rdwc grow all we did was add flora nova and water to keep res full and at 900 ppms. Res usually PhD itself. Best grow I ever had too just about. Maybe it was all the time spent watching the grass grow praying for them to do well.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOW DID SNYPE GET BANNED.

THAT SHIT SEEMS LIKE SOME BULLSHIT.

FUCK YOU ICMAG. SNYPE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR US.

Some of these moderators must be fucking HATERS and have some foothold in the industry. This whole fucking forum has gone inside out.

Please, show me why this guy got banned, I can only imagine the hate, nothing else.