What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clearing up micro bubbles in shatter slabs..

touringfunkband

Anyone care to share any tips for clearing up these little micro bubbles I get when purging slabs in my AI oven? Larger bubbles seem to dissipate after flipping the slab but I can't seem to get the kind of total clarity I see posted around the interwebs. I know some people use a heat gun after the slab is purged but I'm not looking to add anymore heat to the slab then I have already. I purge around 100-105 for about 36 hours and start flipping the slab several times after the first 12 hours. I also depressurize the oven and let the slab smooth out but I still get these micro bubbles.

Any input is much appreciated.

Zipsort

I scrape, then muffin in oven at 120 with vac pull... then release vac, let it sit 112-115 ish, it should melt flat. The key is melting it back down from the vac pulling / stretching it

touringfunkband

I pour, and vac around 100 and it melts flat just fine. After flipping several times I get the usually Swiss cheese slab but I still get these micro bubbles that don't seem to dissipate. I'm a little reluctant to bump up the heat anymore as I work with strains that tend to wax up if I go with any higher temps.

7poin0dexter7

When you depressurization do you let vacuum fall to zero? Or to a specific HG reading? I find if I completely depressurize and leave oven on it causes bubbles to form. Try depressurizing to only 20 HG for about a hour. It seems to work well for me.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone care to share any tips for clearing up these little micro bubbles I get when purging slabs in my AI oven? Larger bubbles seem to dissipate after flipping the slab but I can't seem to get the kind of total clarity I see posted around the interwebs. I know some people use a heat gun after the slab is purged but I'm not looking to add anymore heat to the slab then I have already. I purge around 100-105 for about 36 hours and start flipping the slab several times after the first 12 hours. I also depressurize the oven and let the slab smooth out but I still get these micro bubbles.

Any input is much appreciated.

You are running too cold for the bubbles to easily escape.

The bubbles will exit more readily if you will use 115F, to lower the surface tension of the puddle, while holding it under -29.5 vacuum.

MD84

Just wondering if the higher temps helped? I was told those little bubbles that i always get was because i use a little too much heat but i've been keeping below 100F recently and still get the little bubbles.

Latest posts

Latest posts