What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gifted free packs of older beans, do you recognize any names?

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I was gifted about 15 or so packs of beans from what seem to be about 5-10 years old, no history at all. Most of these i have never heard of, and some of the names looked like username alias's, but cant be sure. I cannot find much info anywhere on most of them. Im gonna list the names, and if your recognize one, please feel free to give any info about it. Thx

Breeder name -Variety

Spirit of the North "SonSeeds" -Grapefruit x Panama Red
-Garlic bud f2 (From original
seedbank of
holland stock
Kentucky -Crippy

Greensee4me -Col. Gold x Blueberry

Canadian seed co. -Zagorsk

Jojo -Crystal "something"hue

Mota -Co Star

Dman -Smoke Cola

No name -Blueberry x Sweetooth

Jorjorizo -Widow Queen

No Name -Killer Spice

SBS -Ice princess x Endless sky

CSC -Sensi star x Mat. Thunder

Leisurpuffr -Kodiak Gold

midwest

Lot's of old Cbay sellers.....

Crystal locomotive is a trainwreck bx Jojorizo did and I assume he crossed it to blueberry or possibly blue widow for the cross you have. Widow Queen should be aloha white widow x killer queen. All of Jojo's stuff should be good

CSC=Capricorn Seed Company

SBS = Spice Brothers Seeds
Dman was one the spice brothers from SBS. Smoka Cola = stargazer x g13/black widow
Killer spice is probably one of Dman's crosses. He had several different "spice" strains but that is probably orange spice x killer queen. All of Dman's stuff should be good.

Zagrosk = Killer Queen x Sugar Klingon

Mota made good stuff but not sure what co star is. Likely a sensi star cross

Leisurpuffr rings a bell but don't remember. If memory serves he sold a bunch of maple leaf indica F2's on cbay that people liked. Not sure if his kodiak gold beans are related to reeferman's release or not...

Greensea4me was a smaller seller, and to me at least put off the vibe of a scammer, but that doesn't necessarily mean crap. But I'd be wary of those.

All and all a nice score and blast from the past :tiphat:

Last edited:

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Thanks for the detailed rundown Midwest. Much rep to you.

The two that interest me the most are the Garlic bud which i heard is the father to shiva shanti. And then the grapefruit x panama red. Cant wait to see.

vostok

Veteran
Trainwreck!! Trainwreck!!....someone say my favorite?...and wham bang I'm here ...lol

I'm still looking for the original seed stock of Trainwreck ...???

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
You should immediately give those to me for further inspection lol!

Seriously though, nice score!

When you germinate them post some pics, we love pics!

Best

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
And forgot to mention that i am also interested in what the "Crippy" could be. The only name listed on the pack was Kentucky. IMO, KY is way underrated for cannabis. Isnt that where Herijuana originated..?! And the Killer New Haven? Talk about a firm grasp. Pshhhh fagiiiiidaboutit!

I have researched a little bit into what "crippy" really is. Most seem to say that its just a slang term for good bud. The term seemed to have originated in Florida in the 90's. Their is belief that is was once referring to a specific cultivar of cannabis, possibly even the "Gainsville green" that was floating around the area at the time. I will say that my buddy grew up in Florida in the 90's, and he always said they called good bud "crypto". Other terms like crip, crippy, cryptonite, were also used, but crippy seems to have been one of the first terms. Im sure the story get even deeper and more detailed, but thats whats ive seem to gather over the years. Very interesting nonetheless. Any info is much appreciated.

Lost a pack of dmans red widow 13 always wanted to pop that one, I forget who I got em off but ssh x aloha white widow from cw was another.