What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The most difficult...

Manstien

What's the most painful, difficult, devastating, mind collapsing, stressful, suicidal thing you've had to deal with?

Sometimes it just seems like it's fucking over, but we get rebuilt and can handle it all better.

on second thoughts....it really seems like its over.

Anyways, would be nice to hear your stories...

Grow stories would be nice and we can all relate to that....imagine a fire at a grow op and losing everything you've worked hard at..shit...how did you get past "the end"?

I know we might not want to think of it but these are the times that define us, our character and make us stronger....so lets hear it!

LEF

Veteran
Ive learned not to talk about these things

Its considered as weakness, and i have none

Cheer up buttercup there is always hope for those who are willing

AAinAA

sink or swim

sink or swim

I find that life is like swimming. If you are not moving forward you are sinking.

The first day of 7th grade summer my father fell off a scaffold while painting the house. He was pulled off life support within 48 hours. The worst was watching what it did to the rest of the family. I was was too numb at the time to be affected. But it was certainly a horrible defining moment of my life.

People dont talk about mental health enough.

dddaver

Veteran
Crap! Almost made it till 10:30AM without even thinking about it at all. I'd rather not. How is that AT ALL constructive?

IMO fuckin' morbid/bent asking people to drag up shit that makes them feel bad. I myself read ICMag to distract, learn, and laugh and NOT to feel bad.

Wayzer

Feeling bad is a part of life and people deal with it every moment.
Shutting it out or avoiding dealing with these feelings makes u more prone to being affected by traumatic events.
That being said, no amount of preparation can make u emotionally ready to deal with lifes neverending supply of disasters. everybody deals with these things and some do it different than others.
People dont like to speak of death, or have a conversation about it, because its "depressing" or "Morbid", but in many other cultures it is a common topic of conversation, and if u sit alone contemplating life, it will most likely come up at some point.
At no point does considering, contemplating or conversating about this stuff make one person weak or depressed, its just a way of being for some, and having that openess makes people feel better, and it helps them to know they are not alone. Thats why we have addiction groups, ptsd groups, depression groups etc.... These people get together and share common problems to try and help each other overcome their issues. Because in the end, relating with each other, is a truly important human charcateristic.

my saddest moment involving cannabis was losing my white widow mom in 2006-2007. Been looking for something to compare ever since.... 1000s of beans popped and nothing compares. i think about it every time i smell or smoke a new strain i popped.

most of the time in the modern human, emotion is triggered by a set of beliefs.
theres always a solution or answer. Even if the answer isnt in your favor, the way u perceive can make the world of a difference.

DDDaver
if this question bothers u, why answer? And if u dont like feeling bad, why would u address this topic in such a negative tone?
also u talk about constructive, what was constructive about ur post?

Last edited:

LEF

Veteran
I agree with a lot that you said and i think its positive and inspiring

At no point does considering, contemplating or conversating about this stuff make one person weak or depressed,

I disagree and i think that -maybe- it dont make you weak per say, but it makes you perceived or labelled weak for sure

Depends for who

Men are not supposed to complain, its a sign of weakness, a womanly quality.

You as a man, are not really entitled to your emotions.

From what i hear young men learn to repress everything except anger at an early age. Later on, these men are guided by rage.

my saddest moment was losing my white widow mom in 2006-2007. Been looking for something to compare ever since.... 1000s of beans popped and nothing compares. i think about it every time i smell or smoke a new strain i popped.

I think if thats your saddest moment then you are well off
Dont seem that bad to me but i never popped thousands of beans let alone a hundred

Good luck with that

:tiphat:

It's Simple....For Me.

It's Simple....For Me.

I Pray. Obviously that mean's a lot of things to a lot of people. Bottom line there'z a power greater that us all and the ability to connect with that power is what most never master. I'm a Christian but that may not work for you but meditation works for everyone and every faith has some type of meditation. Start there and hopefully the spirit of the living God will empower you.

I pray you find you way Bro! :pimp3:

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran

I disagree and i think that -maybe- it dont make you weak per say, but it makes you perceived or labelled weak for sure

Depends for who

From what i hear young men learn to repress everything except anger at an early age. Later on, these men are guided by rage.

Dont seem that bad to me

:tiphat:

showing emotion is not a sign of weakness, its a sign of strength. only people that are scared have to hide.

get through the dark times so you can enjoy the time the sun shines again.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
Feeling bad is a part of life and people deal with it every moment.
Shutting it out or avoiding dealing with these feelings makes u more prone to being affected by traumatic events.
That being said, no amount of preparation can make u emotionally ready to deal with lifes neverending supply of disasters. everybody deals with these things and some do it different than others.
People dont like to speak of death, or have a conversation about it, because its "depressing" or "Morbid", but in many other cultures it is a common topic of conversation, and if u sit alone contemplating life, it will most likely come up at some point.
At no point does considering, contemplating or conversating about this stuff make one person weak or depressed, its just a way of being for some, and having that openess makes people feel better, and it helps them to know they are not alone. Thats why we have addiction groups, ptsd groups, depression groups etc.... These people get together and share common problems to try and help each other overcome their issues. Because in the end, relating with each other, is a truly important human charcateristic.

my saddest moment was losing my white widow mom in 2006-2007. Been looking for something to compare ever since.... 1000s of beans popped and nothing compares. i think about it every time i smell or smoke a new strain i popped.

most of the time in the modern human, emotion is triggered by a set of beliefs.
theres always a solution or answer. Even if the answer isnt in your favor, the way u perceive can make the world of a difference.

DDDaver
if this question bothers u, why answer? And if u dont like feeling bad, why would u address this topic in such a negative tone?
also u talk about constructive, what was constructive about ur post?

your saddest moment was losing your white widow lol. poor you man thats just the worst thing in the world.

LEF

Veteran
showing emotion is not a sign of weakness, its a sign of strength. only people that are scared have to hide.

get through the dark times so you can enjoy the time the sun shines again.

I think it might be subjective, to you it might be

But i think that men are pressured to repress emotions

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
I think it might be subjective, to you it might be

But i think that men are pressured to repress emotions

yes you are right men are pressured into repressing there emotions. i used to have the emotions of a stone. it was just a barrier to hide my insecurity's.

with a little age and life experience i have opened up thanks to my wife. she had to break me down to start to feel again.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I learned in college that there are various stages of mental trauma. People go through disbelief, extreme grief, anger followed by depression. I experienced all of that when my brothers were butchered by gangsters in Colombia. I have a mother and two sisters and at 23 I had to be their rock. Females display a lot of emotion and feel that a man will fix it and make it all go away. I had three women to take care of. Right after the murders we all left our home, a nice finca that has been in our family for three generations. We come to America and had to live in cheap motels and then government provided housing in the hood in Los Angelas. The trauma of all that loss was extreme. We got our finances sorted out after about 4 years, but for 4 years we had to deal with so much loss. I never thought of suicide, but murder crossed my mind. Even that is gone now and I am free to talk about it. Some people can't handle this much reality though.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Christmas 2011 was the worst time of my life. I found out my wife was fucking another guy, she admitted to it, and left me to move in with him. The divorce was finalized 2 months later thanks to the quickie divorce laws in Vegas (where she moved). I haven't seen her or talked to her at all since then.

It was the worst time of my life, but it's ancient history now. I can tell the story without feeling sad at all anymore. :) For anyone going through a divorce, I know it feels terrible but it gets better.

My life has actually gotten better compared to the time I was with her. My first gf after the divorce taught me an important life lesson. If I'm in a relationship at all, I should be with someone who loves cannabis the way I do.

Wayzer

Depends for who

Dont seem that bad to me but i never popped thousands of beans let alone a hundred

Good luck with that

tiphat.gif

Sounds to me like you are basing your beliefs on a very primitive mindset. And to care enough what others feel of u that u reject certain natural and beneficial functions only holds one back.
If u see something beautiful or sad and u feel to cry, but reject it, u are more of a man cause u didnt? whats that logic.
these are preconceived notions that are placed in our heads at a young age and take advantage of our EGO settings as men.
Emotions are considered weakness on the battlefield, perhaps.
but why does the battlefield even exist at all?

anyways, i respect ur opinion, i just dont think its rooted in very well thought out reasoning.

and i edited my post to be more clear.
in my experience with cannabis, that was my saddest moment. ive had many sad moments with the plant. but none i couldnt work thru. this mom still remains on my mind to this day.

in life thats another story..... and to assume somehow that i would hold that as my lifes saddest moment is kind of exaggerated.
i guess we gotta be specific

https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/7591P5310435_2_.JPG
found a pic in the old gallery!
rip

Last edited:

Marcellas

Veteran
Well my dog died in my arms a couple days ago, that was definitely up there..
She was my best friend for the past 12 years or so. Everybody says this, but she was the BEST dog ever - soo smart and so sweet, more of a human-like personality I've ever seen. Such a unique dog, she was a rescue pitbull mix and sometimes shy, but such a sweet girl if she grew to love you.

Funny this thread came up, I had to vent for a little bit. I cried like a baby for a day or 2 and I'm proud to say that. Dog/animal lover's can really understand how I feel.

It all happened so quick, she was fine like 2 weeks ago. We thought it was the old dog Vestibular disease (the vet thought too), which most dogs ALWAYS recover from. But after she was getting worse after a week, the vet said we should think about putting her down.
.... we had the appointment made for Thursday night, but she didn't make it; took her last breaths in my arms at about 3:30 that day. It really sucks and I've been real upset, but I'm glad she didn't suffer long.
And got to pass away in her favorite spot, at home, with those who loved her most (me, my other dog, and my dad). Was lucky to have her!!
:)
That was up there. I've lost lots of relatives and a good amount of friends (a parent at a young age). Death is usually tough for most people

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Sounds to me like you are basing your beliefs on a very primitive mindset. And to care enough what others feel of u that u reject certain natural and beneficial functions only holds one back.
If u see something beautiful or sad and u feel to cry, but reject it, u are more of a man cause u didnt? whats that logic.
these are preconceived notions that are placed in our heads at a young age and take advantage of our EGO settings as men.
Emotions are considered weakness on the battlefield, perhaps.
but why does the battlefield even exist at all?

anyways, i respect ur opinion, i just dont think its rooted in very well thought out reasoning.

and i edited my post to be more clear.
in my experience with cannabis, that was my saddest moment. ive had many sad moments with the plant. but none i couldnt work thru. this mom still remains on my mind to this day.

in life thats another story..... and to assume somehow that i would hold that as my lifes saddest moment is kind of exaggerated.
i guess we gotta be specific

https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/7591P5310435_2_.JPG
found a pic in the old gallery!
rip

I am of the belief that letting your emotions get the best of you is not always the best policy (for men). I mentioned in my story the women were caught up in emotion and grief, where I had to make sure we had a place to live and food to eat. We all cried and mourned together, but after that we had to live life Someone in the group has to stay strong no matter what.

You say that on the battlefield being tough emotionally is important, and I agree. The battlefield has and will always be there in some capacity and those in the most dangerous positions do not want to be there. It has always been that way, in every war. George Washington was an extremely rich American and he needed war to maintain his wealth. The soldiers fighting for him had nothing to lose. So asking why there is a battlefield is a rhetorical question and is offers no help in coping with grief.

Many circumstances in life can be compared to the battlefield, in that a man has to keep his cool to reduce harm or the potential for harm. If your friend is bleeding do you want to have an emotional break down or do you want to stop the bleeding. If money is a serious problem, keeping emotion in check will allow you to create a solution.

Allowing oneself to be overtaken with emotions is okay as long as it doesn't keep you from living your life or providing solutions for a crisis.