What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another micro grow by hush

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here's my newest garden I just finished setting up moments ago:

vi3Q4SO.jpg

The plants are clones of a Blueberry mother I've been waiting to grow out again. Some of you will remember her from my Peak Seeds grow out thread as the "variegated pheno." I've been wanting to grow this pheno again and see of it does the variegating thing under lower light levels, or if that was just something it does under intense light. So I just rooted some clones to find out! Here's a pic from that first grow:

oIPZnNY.jpg

• The cabinet is 30" x 18" with ~20" vertical space.

• Lighting is a 135w LED fixture by Apollo.

• Method is coco hempy buckets.

• Nutrient is CNS17 coco formula.

Whaz Up Hush, new around here so I've never seen any of your grows but I'm getting the popcorn and pulling up a chair for this one. :biggrin:

Kozmo

Veteran
Go get it hush. I've read your other grows. Ill be watching.

Here's to the new year!

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Sweet little setup hush. After seeing your micro grow compilation thread I can't wait to see what you pull off with this one. I really think micro grows can be funer to do than big grows.:dance013:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I agree, there's something more "enveloping" about the micro gardens than the larger ones. They really draw me in, and I tend to them very meticulously. They are definitely more fun... when things are going well anyway!

dozer51

Very interested in this grow, I'll be watching and learning.

Are your hempys just coco or are you using perlite on the bottom, also what size buckets are you using.

R

rbt

Looking at this one almost the same square inches as the DR60 24"x24" and the LED 130 watts? a little underpowered of some of the recommended 50 watts per square foot. It will be interesting in 45+ days. best of Buds to you on the grow

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah it's definitely underpowered. I could have 2 of these fixtures in here. But I only have 1 at the moment. And it's just for extra smoke, I'm not concerned about maximizing yield in this cabinet. But yes, ideally I would use more LEDs, spread out more along the foot print instead of centered in the middle. :tiphat:

Hush. Subbed here too.

You say it's about 20" vertical space. Is that top of the pot to bottom of the light, or total cab? Also, how close can u let them get to that fixture?

webecat

One of my friends picked up the same Apollo light for a 20x30x48 space so in curious to see this. Cheers!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hush. Subbed here too.

You say it's about 20" vertical space. Is that top of the pot to bottom of the light, or total cab? Also, how close can u let them get to that fixture?

Top of the pot to the bottom of the light. That's not an exact measurement but it's a good educated guess. The total height of the cab is like 2.5 feet or so. The light is really close to the ceiling and doesn't take up too much space, so it's really the pot that limits me. In theory I could have used rockwool cubes to give me a few more inches but I didn't want to automate this garden, and hempy buckets give me a buffer in terms of time between feedings.

One of my friends picked up the same Apollo light for a 20x30x48 space so in curious to see this. Cheers!

As was previously mentioned, those dimensions are a bit big for this light, but if you keep the plants directly under the light and try not to fill the entire space, it will be quite productive. Here's an example of a small garden I did under this light in the past:

a2ZWTza.jpg

That was like 16" x 16" and it was effective for that sized space.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
They're doing fine. Not too much growth yet so it's not worth taking any pictures, but they're still looking good. It will probably be a few weeks before they are visibly growing every day. That's when this journal will get good. ;)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I figured I'd keep this journal current and put a couple pics up. Still not much growth but at least it's visible now. And there is more coloration coming out this time around than there was under under the big HPS.

A17bN9S.jpg

VXehK0r.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Obviously this is a very slow garden, so I don't post in this journal very often. :D I topped the plants last week and today I began a little LST. I thought that was worth an update.

Zl5zz1T.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I hope so because it has always done that from the first time I've grown it, all the way through harvest, and including the mother plant under low wattage fluorescents. In every other way the plant seems healthy. But this is only my second time flowering her so I'm still learning the intricacies of this one. It is an inbred Blueberry line, which has always been known for crinkled and deformed leaves, so I'm just hoping that's all this is. It happened with every one of the plants that came from this pack of seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts