What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The taxes in WA and it's on the ballot today.

Short story, Vote Repeal on Advisory #8, Bill 6505.

here is an excellent link explaining Wa taxes on pot and i'm sure elsewhere. at the end is a blurb about a bill in D.C. great read, only a page long.

robbiedublu

I think that article misstates the " effective tax rate" on washington pot. The WA taxes increase the price of pot by over 100% by the time it gets from the grower to the consumer.
Glad I live in Oregon. I assume that Oregon's new law is gonna make it tough for SW WA. pot retailers. We'll see.

sdd420

Veteran
Some Cali clubs charge 18% tax on top of prices but have a variety from 5to20 a gram and as low as 100 oz for outdoor grown. I think you won't get the best unless you grow it regardless of price. Peace sdd

808nokaoi

Some Cali clubs charge 18% tax on top of prices but have a variety from 5to20 a gram and as low as 100 oz for outdoor grown. I think you won't get the best unless you grow it regardless of price. Peace sdd

exactly. people need to just grow their own and we can cut out the commercial op's and dispensaries completely.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Hello all,

Economy of size makes growing my own buds worth the effort.

minds_I
You're missing the point because you're in the "I have the option to grow my own" category.

Imagine what it would be like if you would never be able to physically grow your own, no matter what the law says. That's why "Making people grow their own" will always be a problem. Who's going to grow for you?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice thought, but not everybody can grow their own...

Right-o!! For most, it's a passion to grow. Have seen/watched/read numerous growers thinking they can bust the bank with a grow, only to realize they do not have a garden instinct, or other problems interfering with their 'pipe dream'.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
they will tax like tobacco and squeeze all they can out of it..which is why legalization should never make underground folks worry.....yeeeefucking ha

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
everyone needs the revenue due to tobacco being on the downswing....yall are the new cash cow....biotches

Former Guest

well washington raised taxes a huge amount on cigs. they were $3 back in 1999 and now they can be $8-10 for a pack of Camels. the taxes on cigs were raised a huge amount to deter smokers. most people quit actually. maybe the black market will be a success :D

CHEFfy

Almost 100% excise tax to the end consumer at the legal stores... Will have to change for recreational to compete with medi/ black market.