What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MLB 2014 BASEBALL SEASON!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's almost time for the roar of the crowd and the crack of the bat!! 2014 baseball season is almost upon us, there was a lot of movement in the off season, Arod made himself look like a jerk, should have taken the consequences like a man. But on a good note my team looks strong heheh

Been watching a few spring training games, can't wait for the season to begin. That guy from the reds got a nasty shot to the face, poor guy. Who's going to the fall classic??? We shall see, let play some baseball huh??? hehe

Puffs,beer and baseball!!! :D

Coconutz

Veteran
This will be the year of the Trout!
He will be paid something like six times less than A-Roid is getting for being suspended!

Check this out: A-Rod’s 162-game suspension is unpaid, helping the Yankees off the hook for most of the $25 million they owed him for 2014. But since A-Rod’s contract pays him for the 183-day regular season and he’s only suspended for the 162 games, he will still make $2.9 million for his off-days.
Share this image:

(PHOTO: Andrew Mills/THE STAR-LEDGER via USA TODAY Sports)

Combine that with the $3 million in leftover signing bonus the Yankees paid A-Rod in January, and the suspended Rodriguez will make nearly six times as much from his team in 2014 as Trout will from his, and Trout will actually play and probably remain the best.
The good news for Trout is that it sounds from most accounts like he’s working on a nine-figure contract extension with the Angels. Plus, he’s young enough that he’ll likely still be able to hit free agency in or near his prime. And at that point, if he stays anywhere near this good, he’ll get so, so much money.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He will be paid something like six times less than A-Roid is getting for being suspended!

Check this out: A-Rod’s 162-game suspension is unpaid, helping the Yankees off the hook for most of the $25 million they owed him for 2014. But since A-Rod’s contract pays him for the 183-day regular season and he’s only suspended for the 162 games, he will still make $2.9 million for his off-days.
[URL=http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/usp-mlb_-boston-red-sox-at-new-york-yankees2.jpg?w=1000]View ImageShare this image:

[/URL](PHOTO: Andrew Mills/THE STAR-LEDGER via USA TODAY Sports)

Combine that with the $3 million in leftover signing bonus the Yankees paid A-Rod in January, and the suspended Rodriguez will make nearly six times as much from his team in 2014 as Trout will from his, and Trout will actually play and probably remain the best.
The good news for Trout is that it sounds from most accounts like he’s working on a nine-figure contract extension with the Angels. Plus, he’s young enough that he’ll likely still be able to hit free agency in or near his prime. And at that point, if he stays anywhere near this good, he’ll get so, so much money.

That's so crazy coconutz, he won't be getting quite as much as he would have,but it's still a nice chunk of change.....
Trout is a great player, should be fun to watch him play, unlike Puig who think he's bigger and better the the game!

GO GIANTS!!!! :dance013:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

bf70f5db-4706-4b59-819f-f5f6b0fe1152_zps5dce2dfd.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

[URL=http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/usp-mlb_-boston-red-sox-at-new-york-yankees2.jpg?w=1000]View ImageShare this image:

[/URL](PHOTO: Andrew Mills/THE STAR-LEDGER via USA TODAY Sports)

when it comes to A-Rod nothing's sacred.......

2d644b72-bc90-477d-8f42-c68431b8dd5d_zps5f171a79.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Girardi said that this batting order is the one he'll use against the Astros on April 1:

Jacoby Ellsbury, Derek Jeter, Carlos Beltran, Brian McCann, Mark Teixeira, Alfonso Soriano, Brett Gardner, Brian Roberts and Kelly Johnson.

bf70f5db-4706-4b59-819f-f5f6b0fe1152_zps5dce2dfd.jpg

Coconutz

Veteran
Girardi said that this batting order is the one he'll use against the Astros on April 1:

Jacoby Ellsbury, Derek Jeter, Carlos Beltran, Brian McCann, Mark Teixeira, Alfonso Soriano, Brett Gardner, Brian Roberts and Kelly Johnson.

View Image

LOL.
2/3 of those dudes will probably retire at the end of the year.
Gonna be a fun year to watch the yankees fans cry

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

LOL.
2/3 of those dudes will probably retire at the end of the year.
Gonna be a fun year to watch the yankees fans cry

hard to say if you're an Angels fan but I sure as shit can tell that the Yankees have a boot up your ass already, and nobody's even thrown out a first pitch yet.

if you are an angels fan I understand your hatred for the Yankees, we have twenty-seven (27) world series wins to your one (1), plus we whacked the Angels in '09 and then went on to win that 27th world series, so yeah, I feel your angst.

Since 1995 the Yankees have missed the post season only twice, '08 & last year, if we miss this year I'll just say "there's always next year." and I'd probably be right :)

Green lung

Veteran

View Image

I thought that was the lineup of the annual Old timers game.

Go Rays!

Yanks just keep buying teams as usual, make it fair playing fireld and let the farm teams/players/coaches tell the story....till then big market teams are fuckin lame!!!

Go Pirates!

Coconutz

Veteran
hard to say if you're an Angels fan but I sure as shit can tell that the Yankees have a boot up your ass already, and nobody's even thrown out a first pitch yet.

if you are an angels fan I understand your hatred for the Yankees, we have twenty-seven (27) world series wins to your one (1), plus we whacked the Angels in '09 and then went on to win that 27th world series, so yeah, I feel your angst.

Since 1995 the Yankees have missed the post season only twice, '08 & last year, if we miss this year I'll just say "there's always next year." and I'd probably be right :)

Year Record
1996 6-7
1997 7-4
1998 5-6
1999 4-6
2000 5-5
2001 3-4
2002 4-3
2003 6-3
2004 4-5
2005 4-6
2006 4-6
2007 3-6
Total 55-61
That’s a .474 win percentage during the Torre years. Even worse are the Scioscia years, which run 2000 through present: 36-45 (.444). This includes last year, where the Yanks went 3-7 against the Angels under Joe Girardi. Why exactly do the Yankees, who have an overall 862 – 592 record (.593) from 2000 through 2008, flop in the face of the Angels? I have no idea. Perhaps it’s just Scioscia’s style that unhinges the team, throws it off its game plan.

If hamilton gets off the crack youre gonna be wishing you had aroid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts