What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Frisian Dew 2014 58N

T

The_Core

Hey everyone after my recent test run of the Azucar that turned out to be male. I am taking a short break from growing indoors because of the overall security and safety where I currently live.

As the title states I plan on purchasing some Frisian Dew. I tried to locate Guerilla Gold but it seems sold out so unless some more seeds come on the market I will only be running this one strain.

5 or 10 Frisian Dew fem seeds, Veg all the plants for about 30 days under T-5 and take 40 clones. Root the clones and transfer outside.

I have a oxycloner but I may just use my greenhouse trays and rapid rooters to root the clones. I will be using Clonex.

I expect to lose 75% of the plants to insects, animals, rippers and the weather. So 40 becomes 10 surviving plants. I plan to have 6-8 different locations in my area.

My task list as I see it,

1. Recon a grow site based on security, sun, and access

2. Prep the site
- Till the soil, removing rocks and shit like that
- Add any amendments, compost or topsoil.

3. Put down Plantskydd Deer Repellent, Repels rabbits too
4. Put down insect/slug killer
5. Apply time release fertilizer granules or sticks to soil
6. Bring in roughly 6 plants to each site, plant, water, and stake up.

Return once every 4 weeks to monitor the plants.

What do all of you think of my plan? What am I missing that I can improve upon? I am open to all advice and suggestions. Thanks!

T

The_Core

Well I am open to any advice or ideas any outdoor growers may have. I have never done an outdoor grow. Just looking for any tips! Thanks!

JGP

I grew FD at 55.5 lat scotland and she was chopped early at the end of october. at 58 lat your going to be well into november. I would look into scandinavian strains, and canadians strains as there earlier, and better suited to northern climates. You want your plants blooming in august and september ideally.

T

The_Core

I grew FD at 55.5 lat scotland and she was chopped early at the end of october. at 58 lat your going to be well into november. I would look into scandinavian strains, and canadians strains as there earlier, and better suited to northern climates. You want your plants blooming in august and september ideally.

Thanks JGP!

Leb27 is my new choice. It finishes 2nd week of September at my location.

Any other ideas?

Good luck..... watch the time release frets. Just read the label and see what they got in em ..... osmocote works well but lasts a while..... I use espoma but it has blood/bone meal so I have to let it cook for a while to get the smell out or the coons and skunks dig up the plants.

Wrapping the stalk of your plants with steel wool will keep slugs off and you can easily pull it wider as the plant grows.....cheap too $1 for a 12pack at dollar store.

Try out Durban Poison from dutch passion .... I ran femmes seeds back in 09..... super wet harvest and not a speck of mold or mildew at 43N and done September 20-25.

juuri

For ferts i'd use some chicken shit and bat guano... And a little vermiculite and/or perlite if needed...
Just keep it simple, That's what i'm gonna do for my first guerilla at 60N.

Best of luck and dry autumn..

T

The_Core

Ya this is my first guerilla grow. I have 2 greenhouse seed trays and a 2 foot 8 bulb T-5. I am thinking to germinate 36 seeds non feminized, 4 strains.

9 seeds each strain

Royal Dane
Leb27 V1
Leb27 V2
Monk

I will grow them inside for the first month with prefertilized commercial garden soil, perlite, vermiculite and myco powder mixed in.

When I transplant outdoors I will plant in ground as is, with azomite and time release fertilizer. I will come back at Flower and hit them back up with another feeding and that will be about it. I am not sure If i will use cages or not, but the steel wool is a great idea.

As i said before I will use deer repellant and slug killer.

Should I bring bamboo sticks out to brace up the plants or is that not necessary?

I'd use a cage ..... or take 3 bamboo stakes make a teepee then go around with fishing line to keep the deer off while their young.

T

The_Core

Ok great sounds good. Cage or fish line. I will buy cages. But 36 plants, That is alot of cages.