What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Flight Launch Box

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Am considering getting a vape as I do not like having clouds of smoke in my home or going outside and everyone knows I am toking.

I smoke small amounts at one time, like 1 or 2 hits and this seems to be the right vape at the right price.

They have them on ebay for $75 with 4 batteries. Anyone know how long the battery lasts, either sitting in the fridge or being used in the vape?

Have heard the high is not quite the same as a joint and do not want to change anything there, as I like the high as it is.

Looked at the PAX and it is 250 and needs the bowl filled, so ruled that out. Want a small vape and this one seems to be adequate at a low price.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

there's 6 other magic flight launch box threads in the Den, I'm sure you'd find your answer in several of them.......

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Yea, the high is not like from a joint..............it's much better and uses less weed!
If you see it for $75 on eBay especially with 4 batteries go for it. Batteries are good for a few sessions and when they go it's pretty fast. I usually use a battery a day and charge it overnight and switch to a different battery.
BTW, to me the high is like a cross from smoking a joint and eating brownies.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

there's 6 other magic flight launch box threads in the Den, I'm sure you'd find your answer in several of them.......

No there are not that many.

Too bad you did not advise me to try the Vapor Genie. I had to go thru a bunch of threads to find that.:dance013:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
If you go mflb for home use, get one one of the plug in adapters. If you're travelling/using in cold weather, you'll want extra batteries.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No there are not that many.

Too bad you did not advise me to try the Vapor Genie. I had to go thru a bunch of threads to find that.:dance013:

hate to burst your bubble there slick! but there are EXACTLY that many other magic flight threads running in the Den. Yours made #7, and btw, as I read through them I see a LOT of posts pertaining to battery life & usage.

c1248791-7009-4c1c-8a81-eb0fe49f040a_zps21a65436.jpg

here's the real rub though.......

[iframe1]B9q2jNjOPdk[/iframe1]

or if the player becomes disabled:
http://youtu.be/B9q2jNjOPdk

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Not to knock the launchbox,but there are also cheaper alternatives out there as well.You won't get the wood body,but if $ is a concern,there are other options.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wanted new info if any and I started the thread with that in mind. I already read all the threads on the box long ago. The would be mods will get over it I guess. Neg rep... really sad.

Ordered the box and will review it here shortly.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I tried the Magic Box and like it pretty good. The high is different than a joint, feels more in the head to me. Cleaner would be another way of describing it. Can not say if I like it as well as a j, too early.

What is nice is that there is hardly any smell from a hit and it goes away in a few minutes. Also there is no irritation to my breathing from the vapor. I get some congestion from the joints.

If you are new to this vape I found 6 seconds of holding the battery in, followed by 6 seconds of hitting the vape gives a nice hit. I followed this method from a video on youtube and am finding it the best yet.

You have to really go slow with the inhalation or you will cool the chamber too much and 'put out the fire' so to speak. It is nothing like toking a joint, much slower hit is required.

I would say that the vape is more conserving of herb than a joint or pipe. Not a concern for me but just noting that.

1 good hit is enough for me to get a decent buzz with this vape. Same as a joint.

supermanlives

Veteran
I find the high leaves me wanting more. but the clean hits are a good thing and good taste. I still prefer a joint. I left my vap in city an don't miss it

BlackBuds

Ive used one of these in a movie theater a seat away from my mother in law who had no clue I was getting high right next to her and her daughter.

Max Headroom

Veteran
as i've mentioned elsewhere, the key to the MFLB is how finely ground your weed is.
you want it real powdery. i find with larger bits it's just not very efficient.
(i assume this still applies to the current model, mine is from 5 yrs ago)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes ^^ my grinder only does so much in making it fine, could be finer I know. I also let the herb sit out for a day before vaping to get it bone dry.

I threw out my first load last night and was still getting vapor from it after 5? or so hits. The vapor was getting less and the buzz was less too. Kinda like a roach in that you can squeeze some smoke out of it but if you are well stocked with pot, then why bother?

For the record even today I smoke the roaches down to a third of an inch with jars of herb on hand.:yay:

Latest posts

Latest posts