What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share n' learn at my AF Guerilla, 65N!

Femora

Hey there folks!

This will be the show of my Auto-flower garden! Or, acctually its more of a true guerilla grow.. But I'll keep calling it garden, aye. All the forest is my garden! Ehehehe....

I had some tough luck last year(first year n' grow ever).. I shoulda built them Noah's ark to manage to keep them alive... there was SOOOOO much rain that spring/summer, and I planted them a bit moisty to start from checking the terrain during prev summer.. and all my spots ended up just about flooded for less or more 2 weeks.
Some reindears ate 1½ spots.. I had 7 spots, 5-6 plants each and a few randoms put here'n'there
I ended up with 4 living ladies, producing just about 40g..
I was still excited and....
I gathered all experience I could from that, read some more, been growing indoors during the winter (And really found a hobby I love!), learning shitloads more again, and now I hope this summer will be as good as I hope it will be!
....And possible let me live that little dream I created about a successful Outdoor-grow!

So, My conditions and settings:
I can plant them outside about June 1
I want to harvest before 25 Aug (hunting season starts... And in beginning sept there is no way to be sure they can handle the 'possible' rainy september.)
This gives me about 85 days.
Most plants have, according to the companies... a 60-70day lifecycle. Yeah, Maybe under perfect conditions, but no way outside..
And I my shitty climate... Thats not even close! ;o
So im counting with a 90 days lifecycle, some strains up to a 100. I hope they will persist mold if they are slower then that...

Most of the seeds will go down in to 0.5-liter plastic glasses with a soil/vermikulit/perlite/leca-mix at May 17. Happens to be Norways nationalday.. Weeeiiii :)

Im thinking about trying to get some seeds to go about a week earlier, and see how they react.. Will the taproot bounce in the bottom and slow the growth and start flower earlier for example, or will their increased rootmass when transplanting outside be benificial..
Well... we'll see whats going on. I dont mind to take on experiments if you are curious about something! Let me know and we try to make it happen!

Anyways...

The following strainssetup will florish in my garden:

First out: -drummmmsssssszzzz.....- :rtfo: <- Ignore those last 2 fellas, they can't play/sing anyways! :D

From Dinafem:
2x Original Amnesia AF One snailattacked
2x HAZE 2.0 AF
2x Moby Dick AF
2x Haze Automatic
2x Fruit Automatic One snailattacked
2x Critical + Automatic 1 down, 1 to go. My fault!

From Paradise Seeds:
3x Vertigo!
3x Auto Wappa

From Dragon Masters:
12x Budwider (Regular seeds) 2 down, 10 to go

From Highrise Seeds:
11x (GhazexC99)xC99
12x Auto Diesel Mix (Regular seeds) 7 down, 5 to go

From Sweet Seeds:
3x Black Jack Auto 1 down, 2 to go. One snailattacked.

From MaxiGoo:
3x Grass o Matic

From NordenSeeds:
58x AutoViking AK47 6 down, 52 to go
5x AutoViking Blue
5x AutoViking NL 1 down, 4 to go

From Dutch Passion:
3x Snowstorm #2 1 down, 2 to go. One snailattacked.
2x AutoMazar
2x Auto Blueberry
2x Polarlight

-Applause!-

Thanks Thanks! Yes, I know im a bit retarded throwing all that money on seeds... But my curiosity can't hold me back.. After all, 'fun' cant really be applied for, getting throu money, aye!

Well, Thats... err... 137 seeds over 20 different strains...! LOL!! 122 plants alive.
And my second Outdoor, with a failed first one.. LOL again..
'Aim at the moon! Even if youll miss youll land among stars'
Hmmmmm.....

Anyways;
I will have some males in there, and hopefully can I make a serious seedstash and look for my perfect lady within the years..
Atleast thats something like I dream I want to chase.

Ive arranged with most of the stuff in the forrest.. 1200 liter/320 gal soil, some perlit, vermekulite, 50kg leca

I recon that I dont have enough soil, but thats okay.. Cus I was planning on making a small garden, way better placed concering logistics... Its just 100 m from a road, so carrying a few back that distance is okay... Planning on having like 15 AK47 and the non-fem-seeds at this spot, in case some boys starts to toss pollen all around... I want some sensi for sure in the end!
I will not be able to attend them all I want... I can visit them once a week, sometimes twice, until aug/late flower anyway.

Whats the garden like then? its a southfacing small hill with chopped down trees a few years ago. Its 0.5-1meter pinetress everywhere now. Should be a perfect disguise and still wont interfere with the sun!

I have a plan to make the bigger seedpacks in beds, and the 2n'3 seeds in a 50 liter earth each~
And Ill probably make a big bed with AK47, and a few 2-3-4 spots.

I got some sheep-fence that Ill try to make as a Scrog over this field, and try to make a AK47-heaven!

Il also really curious about how the ladies will like defoliation. There will for sure be some picking and not-picking experiments!

I hope ya'll can teach n' learn something from this thread whenever it's over!
So please share and gather.. Were all here cus of the fun! :yay:

Stay safe! :tiphat:

Hortic

Man, you're putting me to shame. What an insane strain list! Holy smokes. I've only got 50 AK's. And you've got lots of spots too which is always nice.

This is gonna be fucking epic, dude. I wish you good luck with the weather, we'll need it.

Greetings from 2 degrees north of you. ;)

Highcountry

Very nice line up femora! I'll be watching this one for sure. I've got the same highrise seeds as you, they sound like their the bomb! Gonna plant them this weekend. Good luck this season.

Femora

Man, you're putting me to shame. What an insane strain list! Holy smokes. I've only got 50 AK's. And you've got lots of spots too which is always nice.

This is gonna be fucking epic, dude. I wish you good luck with the weather, we'll need it.

Greetings from 2 degrees north of you. ;)

2 degrees north... of me.. gosh! Thats impressive!
Thanks for the luck-wishes! I toss it right back at you! :)

btw, youre doing a great job at FB! Keep it up! hehe...

Very nice line up femora! I'll be watching this one for sure. I've got the same highrise seeds as you, they sound like their the bomb! Gonna plant them this weekend. Good luck this season.

Thanks HighC.
I hope that those Highrise will deliver too. I hope to find some really nice anti-pain-pheno to distribute to people in need around me..

Best of luck to you too!

Soo.. Today I put the first AV AK47 seeds to germinate in some toilet-paper. This is the "crew" that will be showing if the AK47s will start flower early when the taproot hit the bottom of the ½-liter-container, or if they will benefit from the increased rootmass a 10 days ahead start will give them when finally transplanted outside.

Here they are!

picture.php

Ah, for the record;
...Nutes... Aye... The soil is enriched as it is, and I will toss in some slow ferts.. like.. 1/8 of recommended dose. Just to make sure they have all they need. And I count on that when the soil is almost depleted of nutes they are ready for "bloom-nutes". So I will feed them Green house power-feeding (hybrids).

I guess I could pick loads and loads again of different nutes specified with each strain, but time and simplicity is a priority.

Stay safe, stay tuned!
This is about to get real! :)

Hortic

2 degrees north... of me.. gosh! Thats impressive!
Thanks for the luck-wishes! I toss it right back at you! :)

btw, youre doing a great job at FB! Keep it up! hehe...
My bad, I should've written 2 deg south of you. I'm at 63N. And thanks. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one writing there.

Those seeds look nice and healthy. Will be interesting to see how your experiment turns out. I've germinated two seeds too, btw. I have them in two small pots right now. Maybe they'll become runts, maybe they'll just start flowering earlier once they've been transplanted. We'll see.

Each and every day it's getting warmer and warmer. This is such a nice time of the year. :canabis:

Femora

Each day is a day closer to put the ladies outside... weiii! :woohoo:

Ye, Hortic.. All the experiments will benefit us (and hopefully others) within time! Lets keep em up! :)

Those 8 seeds germinated with a 100% successrate and has now been transfered to a 0,5liter plastic beercup containing approx
70% soil (just a mid-expensive brand. 200l for 100 SEK/15 USD)
15% perlite
15% vermiculite
and had some tapwater to keep it moist and comfy for them.
I figure its no idea to soak them just yet, and the soaking-effect to remove airpockets is quite useless in such a small container. (I guess?)

They are under a 250W LE.. Sharing the space with some jorges diamonds, outlaw and brainstorms that eventually will go into the vert-rooms. :)

Im impressed with the germ-rate/speed. This is after 40 hours, laying inbetween some wet toiletpaper, inside a plastic bag (that way I dont have to worry about re-moist the paper...) on top of the fridge. There they are in the dark and its approx 26-27C~

picture.php

A solid start, I'd say!

Stay safe!
Fem~

Hortic

Wow, that's quite impressive for just 40h. Nice indeed. The seed in the middle (the longest one) looks like it's already developing a stem.

calientecarlos

Veteran
Very Nice Femora!!! You've inspired me to try some auto's n early's guerilla thx! Quite the strain array to say the least as well!! Keep it up!!

Femora

Im glad to see all of you checking in n' showing interest in my grow...! :wahey:

@LBH; LOL at that popcorn!!

So, today.. or, acctually yesterday.. Bah..
Ill restart..

All seeds went inte germ-mode 15 May!
They are all packed in wet paper, in plasticbags, marked with stickers.
I need to get another pack of stickers.. LOL! At this rate ill only have 1 per 3 seeds. I need one each while vegging so I dont mess up the sorts...

My preveg is at 2 places.. I planned to get them going in thesame box, but I abandoned that idea cus of lack of power when adding the dehumidifyer...
I built it as a 2-level-vegroom and installed the T8s as light on the upper floor, but I had to disamble it and move em..
If you have no idea what im talking of and you feel confused I suggest you check out my other active thread (look in signature...) Hehe...
There is some ranting about power in there.. xD

I will need a little more then 1m2 to veg em all, so I will use the remaining space in the veg-box, and then put the rest under a hasty built wooden-frame and 6x... hmm... 49w T8s I think it is.
Gotta get a new igniter and 2 T8s..

btw, the weather-forecast promise daytemps over 20C, and nighttemps at 7-8-9.. thats for the next 10 days (!!!) I think I will take a chance and plant 2 of my AK47s this weekend and hope that there will not be any more frosty nights.
Aye, another experiment... Will they benefit from a early transplant, or will the others increased rootmass/growth benefit them instead?

Dont despair! There will be pics! Just give me another day to sort it out.. :)

This weekend will be dedicated to set up all growspots, assemble my water-collector-thing and prepare other usefull stuff such as cages to prevent moose/reindeers to harass my garden...

btw..
Someone said; Dial is everything.
I believe it.
It's just hard to be first out...

Stay safe fellow growers and forum-surfers!
Fem~

Femora

So it begins...

So it begins...

...for real!

I was thinking that I'll let a few pics do most of the talkin' in this post.

Here is the strain selection;

picture.php

(The apple is there just to hold up the NS-seedpacks.. I thought it was more suitable then using the cheese-slicer.. hehehe...)

I was impressed by the thought behinds DPs multi-strain-packing..
kinda cool design!

picture.php

Im a bit concerned about a few of the 2-pack seeds.. some were looiking underdeveloped, green, small.. Well, Lets see if they pop up, aye?

The AF Mazar, Budwider and AK47 was "best" when just looking at the seeds, minding color and size.

Of all the seeds I put into wet paper this was the most impressive pic;
Here is AK47!

picture.php

I will now go and put all these seeds into their 0.5l container..
The soilmix has already been prepared (yesterday) with
60%soil
20%perlite
20%vermikulite

Why only 60% soil?
I wanted the "core-soil" to be a little less dense and more... Airy~
In case I get those skyfalls day after day in the beginning of the season the roots should have it a lil' easier to fight vs suffocation with all that perlite and vermikulite in there.

And here is some of the first 8 seeds;
@ the pic; 10 days from seed.

picture.php

And a closeup on the shortest one;

picture.php

Stay safe!
<3
Fem~

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
lookin good Femora.

Might want to drop that light/those lights right down. Some of those plants are getting a little stretchy.

Really like the strain selection.

Femora

Blisters, soreness and tanned

Blisters, soreness and tanned

Hello!

First off; The bulb is really just on top of them.. I believe its somewhat strain-dependent. Those AK47 seems to work it out like that time after time.
Now the bulb is raised a bit to allow light to the surrounding plants, and they seems to be stacking nodes propery and not gaining hight in thesame haste.

Soo... this weekend I spent about 8 hours preparing my spots in the garden.
and carrying another 360l soil to so another spot... Lets call that Spot#2.
That 360l-spot will be for my regular. It would suck if I got my big spot pollinated by a male that came throu while im away..

so, 24 seeds going into that 360L. Planing to find a suitable male from both strains and relocate them faaar faaaar away.. and make seeds on some of the ladies.

On my mainspot I prepared 16 holes for the strains with 2 n' 3 beans.

A big bed for about 25-30~ AK47 that will be SCROGged
and a some smaller beds that I really dunno what Ill keep in.. I guess those 5-seed-strains, and probably some more AKs..

I have a special hole for a few that I will defoliate hard as hell.. probably gonna try a few plants defo all throu life, and another few that Ill start defo after stretch is done.

So, Time for what the most of the crowd find interesting;
Iiiiiiiit's Piiiiiiicture-time! YAY!

First out is the big bed that I will SCROG;

picture.php

Then how I do to mix my soil/leca/ferts for the small holes;
Its a piece of fabric used at the bottom of house-foundations..
You carv away mud and all kind of shit, put that thing out on the ground, fill up with stones and.. well.. the fabric will let water throu, but keep the mud on the downside of the material. Perfect drainage!
Really sustainable, and really suitable for eg elevated beds I guess.

Could probably be used as smart-pots if youre good at sewing.....

picture.php

And, now to the most important part of my grow. The watering...
Im in the middle of nowhere with this grow.. And there is about 80-90 plants that will need water/feeding.
So I created a raintrap. As simple as it should be useful!

Start off with picking sharp objecs from the ground, like sticks and all kind of shit youll think can penetrate your tarpaulin/plastics.
Then make a frame with some pieces of wood, or dead branched from the forrest. ( I had to use some branches, since I ran out of wood... Misscalculated.. :/ )

picture.php

Then just add the tarpaulin, and nail it in place. Make sure its not distensioned so the water will rinse off..
It should be plenty of space in the middle to keep the water, aye.
The red arrow shows the way its supposed to lean..

picture.php

Soo... I have quite a few of those. About 20m2 covered..
and Ive been calculating... The last 5 years the average rain gave about 50mm in June, 60mm in July and another 60 in Aug. This is counted in the low range...
Anyway; this should give me another 1000 liters per month to feed them with, beside the rain that will pour down straight on the ladies... Soo.. this in mind, I think I will be okay.
If it seems a bit low, I have another few tarpaulins to put out...

hmm.. I think Ill continue in the next post with the seeds and stuff, cus Ill only be allowed with 1 more pic, and I believe you all want MORE! :>

Femora

Part #2

Part #2

All those seeds.. It's more work then I imagined.. I feel so lucky I bought those plastic tweezers! It was a really really big help when putting the ladies into the soil!

So, first out;
Drilling holes in those 0,5liter plastic glass, and then fill about 20 with the soil-mix. Plant a few seeds, make nametags, put them in place.. Repeat step 1-4... x6 PHEEW!

picture.php

The Black Jack Autos were the best seeds to sprout vigourious..

picture.php

Im a bit surprised that most seeds were looking like this;

picture.php

... concidering how the last AK47s were looking after thesame 40+ hours in thesame spot.
I guess the big amount of material prevented the heat to really work its magic in all those plastic bags with wet paper.

Those red seeds is the DP; Auto Mazar. Most of the seeds were about this developed... But soon my dissapointment from bad sprouting turned into happiness when I understood how easy they were to put in the soil, compared to the long-tailed-seeds. hehehe...

Here is most of the seeds in their cups.. I had to move about 20 to the veg-room.. They just wouldnt fit in there.

picture.php

So far, 3 days into the soil, the Black Jack seems to be most vigourios still..

btw, from all those 130 seeds, only 7-8 hadn't sprouted. I find that rate to be okay!
They are all planted, and I hope they will all come throu, even if its not likely.. :>

Thats it for today!

Stay safe, enjoy life!
Fem~