Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Semi-autoflower (early strains) outdoor

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Original Seed Store for great Cannabis genetics
Semi-autoflower (early strains) outdoor Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2013, 04:15 PM #1
blinky34

blinky34 is on a distinguished road
Semi-autoflower (early strains) outdoor

Hi people. I was searching some (long) time, over the net, the experiences with semi autos in the outdoor, but can't find the answer to my question. In the other hand many people grow very light sensitive strains from seed, and i have seen those results. Very early (let say: Purple Maroc or Guerilla Gold) harvest, late august, begining of septembar. I know that is VERY much dependant of lattitude, root-bound, altitude, etc. But what i want to find is how will clone of let say PM or GG, will perform outside? We can exploit this type of cannabis in the manner of having a few mothers on 22-24h, cut clones, veg a little, and throw outside. Some light sensitive (semi-autos) when exposed to natural light in my lattitude (43) in april will start to flower, and in late may-early june return to veg. We all know this is not favourable, or needed, for very known reasons, to not mentioning, and spam subject. My question is: is there a hardy semi-autos, that will not reveg, in other words, veg a clone indors, and throw them outside to finish in early july when the sun is strongest without revegging? I find one thread with auto Afgani (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27683), tread was from Reibsi. This strain will NOT reveg when the light schedule goes up, and will continue flowering untill the 22/2, when start revegging. I think we will have much MORE options whit growing, and we been able to maximize the exploit of very light sensitive strains. Think if you start your mom today and in the early may, start putting clones outside, and starting to harvest in early july. This scale down exposure (2 months of out, heigh is lower...), and for weight of harvest you just multiply number of clones... And for that, height of mature clones will be much less so that open new spots for growing outside... Please if some of us have the answer or know such strain or grow in the same manner please let us know... Overgrow the world mates! We are stronger together! PEACE!
blinky34 is online now Quote

Old 01-27-2013, 04:20 PM #2
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Royal Canadian Marijuana Collective...

Anything with Freezeland in it. Brickland and GG#3 will also work. Read the descriptions there and you'll find what you're looking for. I'm looking for the same thing.

You'll find autos and a few early flowering mums/dads that will stay vegging under 24/0 and flower with only 4hrs of dark.

Stay Safe!
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 PM #3
blinky34

Hi Hydro! Yes i know for the mates in Canada! RCMC, Highrise... Thanks for the answer man, but i think that this strain will return to veg with the day getting longer... I was contact the Cres (breeder of Highrise) and ask the same question as here, but he just avoid answer and said that his strains are designed to not start indoors, better outdors (?)... Standard answer when people ask about very light sensitive strains... I was asking and Female seeds for the same, only for purple maroc, and guess what. He gave me the same answer like Cres ... Like his strains will revegg when daylight going longer, and better start in the natural light. I think that the breeders don't want to gave us a EXACT answer on this subject because they know that we will buy once from they, and clone our plants... But that is so unethical. They are there BECAUSE of us... We make their bussines, so we should get the right ansers... Hydro, mate, do you know someone who accomplished this, what you and i looking for? Do you see it? Because last i want is we to proceed with our plans, and discover in june that we are f***** up... What you will grown this season? What is your lattitude? I will finally document my progress here, to people see if this can be achievable. I want to use PM or GG#3, or Bluebonnic Guerilla... My first strain was BG, but i ask Cres for this and when he answer me i am not sure anymore... Do you know how clonable is GG#3? Stay Safe AND HIGH mate!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 AM #4
Junkhead

Maybe this will help you maybe not. I put out GG#3 at 45lat midwest USA at the beginning of june they did not reveg and finished without any tending at the very beginning of sept. I have done the same with Maroc the GG#3 was much better (bigger)

Oh yes I also started my GG#3 indoors under flouros 18/6 until they are are decent sized (5-7 inches decent amount of nodes) then the were moved outdoors without any hardening. They go out at dusk, get watered in and then there off to the races. officially bumped out of the nest.

At 43 you can run lots of strains that are normal not semi-auto. I can and do at 45. I like to have a big range of harvest times and use the whole arsenal available to me

Old 01-28-2013, 08:05 AM #5
offthehook

offthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really nice
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but doing clones in outdoors will imvh experience become a very short lived brain fart.
Expecting breeders to create a perfectly cloneble, early outdoor strain an impossibility.

I understand your theoretical lay out, but in outdoors you need plants that are like athletes.

Clones that have their penroot token are having a huge disadvantage when dealing with natural conditions.

Bit like releasing a Golden Retriever in a Siberian Taiga and hoping it being able to compete with the Wolves. ^^

But all my best wishes with your ambitions Blinky, you don't have to take my word for it.

Whatever road you choose that makes you happy.

NB. I don't mean to spoil your fun Blinky , honest, I'm just an old school & bashy realist that can't seem to shut up when needed most, lol
offthehook is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM #6
blinky34

Junk do they flower immediately or continue vegging when you put out? It's clone or seed? Thanks for your findings, it's been helpful. Offthehook i don't understand you? What is plant with the best caracteristics? For me can be a WW which come at a half the october. I think that at your place in Finland will be ridicilous. Making a plant that will stay in fveg ONLY in 22/2? And clonable? Hardy, potent? That plant is allredy there my friend. See link in my first post. But only availiable in clone form, i am too far... This subject which we talk about is way, an option to grow the plant, and exploit it. It is not rocket sience. No offend.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM #7
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky34 View Post
Hydro, mate, do you know someone who accomplished this, what you and i looking for? Do you see it? Because last i want is we to proceed with our plans, and discover in june that we are f***** up... What you will grown this season? What is your lattitude?
I'm at 39N... but at 10,000 feet up and with pocket valleys that get short daylight hours.

I expect the hunt to take some time and will be making seeds to assist in that hunt. I am not depending on finding it any time soon as I know it will take time. I have an indoor garden for the meds I depend on.

I'm going to be using some reversed cannatonic pollen and hitting Brickland, GG#2, Early Dane and Princess Diesel F2's with it. Seed stock is the first goal. High CBD and balanced cbd/thc strains are in dire need for medicinal reasons.

Any plants that stay vegging under 24/0 after 6 months are going to be candidates for further breeding.

Would you be so kind as to hit the enter key from time to time? I have issues with walls of text. Sorry.

Stay Safe!
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM #8
blinky34

Nice plan Hydro. I was thinking exact same plan (crossing early) for seed run, but i don't have a place nad time to accomplish that for spring.
I was looking for some of the autos, think that they will be best bet. And for you of course
you can consider an auto seed run. I know that auto is whole different animal (ph of soil, ph of water), but you are then sure that they can't reveg. An auto worth of planning is MI5 from short stuff.
Lot of people was growing that outside, and can get pretty big, and finishing in 3 months top.
The high is some of the best auto can offer. Steady, hardy, mold proof auto, with big cola's.
But that is not working with me, because of mantioned reasons. But you should think about it.
Back on the topic, can some of us grown CLONES of GG#3, PM, Easy sativa, or another very light sensitive, but CLONES? And Transfer outside offcourse?
My main goal is to clone GG#3 (which is clonable-we know/was proved), or some other very light sensitive, and transfer it outside in early may.
Inside will veging some time (week-3 weeks) on 24/0, and when i put it out,
she will start flowering.
My goal is to stay in flower, regardless of the day getting longer, and have a early harvest
in the start of july. Is that possible with GG#3? If not with which strain i can do that?
Or if no one know answer (which i highly doubt), do some of you (older ones, no offense )
know where i can get Auto Affie in seed form, or some cross with it, who will flower on 18h,
regardless of getting longer day in the spring?
I think i simplify my questions and plans, in hope of someone answer it... Maybe my plans (which i think is the good one) will affect someone to look for similar way of growing.
It is good. The good side: MUCH early finish, smaller plants, NO watering or very small scale (in my corner of the woods may and june are the wettest months, july, august, september are without one drop of rain), LESS exposure (2 months for just flowering).
The bad side: Cloning, hardening clones, vegging clones, in the end, good deal of maintenance, and asking question in ICMAG and exploring with is the strain .
But i think the good side overpower the bad side. Am i right mates?
Hydro-Soil is this enter button raping is ok ? Just kidding bro.
Stay High and safe you ALL!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 PM #9
offthehook

offthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really nice
What Reibsi is doing in the link of the first post is way to stinking much work.

Who would want to do that year after year when things can go so much more easyer.

Outdoor growing should be almost nothing else as just sowing a shit load of seeds to the ground, cull the weakest and let the weather do the rest for as much as possible.

If it gets as complicated as Reibsi is doing then he's doing something wrong imho.

That link was from 2006 btw, I reckon ppl must have smartened up by now.
offthehook is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 PM #10
blinky34

Sorry for double post but i don't find button to edit post.
Here is the thing. I forget to say to you all (if some one already know sorry), you can do everything i asking with any strain. Every good side, exept one: early harvest.

So you can grow smaller plant, to stay in flower, cloning and put clones outside. But you must do it a couple of weeks after summer solstice.

In other words, choose one strain that is not as early as very light sensitive, nor a haze which come in November.

This is about 70% strain on the market. Let say choose Critical Mass. Critical Mass grown from seed will start flowering in the mid-late july. So you work backwards and calculate the time to start your mother plant,
clone, and when clones finish rooting, you just put it in the 12/12 to induce flowering.

About week-10 days, you will see a flowers forming, then in the 5-15 july (again depend on your lattitude, my is 43), transfer clones (example: about 100) in the outdoors. This clones do not need much care, just water here and there and maybe some light flower food.

For 45-60 days when you put clones outside, you will harvest about 30-50g of weed from one clone. Multiply that with number of clones, and you will get 3-5 kg of weed, for maximum of 60 days exposure of your plants.

Do not mention that plants is really small and can be put in front of the police station .
No one will EVER considering as a weed. Even you will be pass by without noticing it...
Julian (MASS OUTDOOR THREAD) was speaking of his 'minis'... He planted clones (minis) i think, all the way to 10. of august. He said that his outdoor minis, was the SAME quality,
as some indoor stuff, if not better!

Plus he was growing it AROUND some major city in the US. Yes mates IN the city. And i think it was just one time (the last one in the thread) discovered, and never again, and never before.

This is some of the best strategy in the weed growing. It is VERY powerfull. I want to discuss it here. But instead waiting for july, we have autos (that have some other issues), and we have our beautifoul very light sensitive to exploit.

I think that we all have a benefit to learn some. For that i created this thread...

Hydro you must buy me a Enter, my doesn't work anymore .

And sorry mate for my incredebily lousy English (not my native).
Stay High!