What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overdried remedy?

A

Alfred

Hello all,

I have an ounce or so of buds that are a bit overdried, i was wondering if rehydrating actually works?

If i put a fresh bud in the overdried jar would that help at all?

Thanks. :thank you:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Put a piece or 2 of orange peel in with it. Check it in about 10 minutes. Remove the peel went bud is moist again. Open the jar for a few minutes for as long as needed to reached the desired moisture you want. A wet bud will do the same thing, but if you don't have one the peel will work just fine.

A

Alfred

Thanks folks. :)

I was just wondering, if ~20% of wet weight is an ideal dryness, how light can buds get if left for too long? 10%, 5%, 1% ?

Or once they get down to ~20%, does the drying slow down?
(i imagine it does, as it would take a long time for it to evaporate into thin air)

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
u can use a fresh leaf from the mama plant,or any other plant in veg probably.wont bring any other tastes besides canna.wont take long either.
peace-T-

baittis

I like to use a few slices of cucumber. It's mostly water and doesn't bring any flavors to the bud. Carrot works pretty fine too.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like it dry. i can burn a whole bowl in one hit. no water to expand in the lungs as vapor. get higher. way higher. obviously you have to do it slowly and flush well or it tastes bad. do it right though and it is like potpourri

B

BrnCow

Keep some of those round metal humidifier disks around. Just put the bud in a bag or glass jar, drop in a couple of those disks and check in 4 hours or so...overnight will be too wet. The disks are just dropped into water for a few minutes and they are ready. If they get cruddy, soak in a cup of water with a little bleach in it. You can keep one disk in a half gallon jar to keep it moist. The way to use them is just a few simple experiments away...Flea Bay or online tobacco shops sell them cheap...or if you are in a hurry, dampen the center of a paper towel and roll it up with the damp part in the middle..

demasoni

I like it dry. i can burn a whole bowl in one hit. no water to expand in the lungs as vapor. get higher. way higher. obviously you have to do it slowly and flush well or it tastes bad. do it right though and it is like potpourri
same here.

All the mentioned methods including adding a fresh bud will work but...
Hopefully it was properly dried and cured.
If not, it won't matter how dry or how wet it is. it won't get you high like it should or burn evenly. The moister you get it the worse its going to burn. If its done right, on the dry side is good.

Only benefit of "rehydrating" is if your trying to add weight back to flip it- in this case the weight increase by re moisturizing is negligible for you the end smoker gets bud that doesn't burn right. I'm guessing this is the case.
However if you actually like smoking squishy wetter bud throw some lettuce, orange, peel, fan leaf, w/e in there.
My guess is you would prefer drier bud that is easily broken up and doesn't jam up the grinder with moisture or break up into smushy chunks with your fingers.
IMO it should be dry, I HATED getting iimproperly dried bud or obviously re moistened bud that just squished down. It was like trying to burn bud cut right off the plant. If its cured right, I bet you like it dryer than moister.

A

Alfred

I am actually asking because i have the buds sitting in a dark cupboard at home, but i am not at home, and it will be a couple of days until i can put it in a jar. By which time i am sure it will be overdried. So i am sort of just worried that it will be ruined.

I will probably take some of the advice and won't rehydrate it.

A couple of days past optimal jarring shouldn't do too much harm, should it? It is in a dark cupboard.

(It's not really a big deal, i am just being a sook) :)

demasoni

Oh are you saying you havn't cured it in the jars yet?
In that caes yea you can "over dry" but someone else could advise you better on what to do. You could always moisten some of it and not the rest.

I can say I had some that got "over dried" before cure, bone dry just crumble to dust. but once I put them in the jars for the cure process they still cured to be fire and even moistened up a little without adding anything.
Hope it turns out good for ya.

A

Alfred

Oh are you saying you havn't cured it in the jars yet?
In that caes yea you can "over dry" but someone else could advise you better on what to do. can always moisten some and not the rest.

I can say I had some that got "over dried" before cure, bone dry just crumble to dust. but once I put them in the jars for the cure process they still cured to be fire and even moistened up a little without adding anything.
Hope it turns out good.

Thanks for the boost of confidence, lol :rolleyes:

No, it hasn't been cured yet.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Im with dank.frank. I use a small bit of lettuce or even just a small piece of dampened unbleached paper towel.

N

noyd666

lettuce,holds to much water content, so watch it. i know im' a expert lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts