What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got Cat?

Hi Peeps

My girlfriend wants to get a cat. I stay in a 2 bedroom duplex. Very small garden of like 25 square meters.

Do cats pee everywhere? ie on the bed ,couches etc I REALLY dont want that.

Are they hard to look after? Expensive?

Please send me some feedback people :tiphat:

I don't have a cat, but I used to. I find them to be a pain in the ass. The follow you around meowing all the time. They jump on your bed and wake you up. You have to clean up their litter box, which usually smells, then they always track some of it out on the floor. They don't usually pee everywhere unless they are sick. But if they do pee on something, you usually have to throw it out cuz you can't get the smell out. Don't get me wrong, I kind of like cats, they're fun to play with and they do crazy hilarious shit, I just don't like living with them.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love our cat, she very chill, even likes to munch on fan leaves when we trim...goes in the cat box every time, if your gf wants a cat that can be her job. Thats the worst part, other then that a cat is great. You can leave em alone for a cpl of days, with plenty of food and water...just have to find the right cat for you.

supermanlives

Veteran
are you a cat guy? dont let the woman make you get one if you aint into cats. and litter boxes stink and require cleaning. are you up to it? my last cat was a hell raiser. killed alot of plants and ruined all my luggage with his stinky cat pee.no more cats here ever. how about hairy buds? any allergies? cats can be great if your prepared and like cats. and you get a good one

Littleleaf

Veteran
You can train them to use the crapper as far as pissing every were. NEUTER the thing and they will never spray. Spraying is for marking territory and senting for a mate.

NPK

Cats are naturally very clean animals. You don't have to train them to use the litter box--they figure that out on their own. They're great companions, I have two.

Littleleaf

Veteran
You do need to train them to use the TOILET and you can train them to FLUSH.

Cats are naturally very clean animals. You don't have to train them to use the litter box--they figure that out on their own. They're great companions, I have two.

NPK

You do need to train them to use the TOILET and you can train them to FLUSH.

Well sure, that's true if you want to do it the hard way. I imagine it takes awhile to teach them how to wipe themselves with toilet paper, especially with their tails getting in the way. :)

T

toughmudderdave

I'm definitely a cat person. They're not hard to care for at all.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
cleaning litter box is no big deal.

adopt an adult cat so you dont have to worry about training it or anything, can choose one that has a chilled out attitude if you want that. smaller cat means less piss and shit so get a small one. also you will gain positive karma, most people dont want the adult cats so they live in a cage or get killed

cats are not expensive at all, maybe like $20/month for food and litter. just get a regular domestic cat not some exotic breed and it will be fine, no vet bills

unspoken

I have a dog and a cat. They are both great in their own ways. My cat is super chill and mostly just lays around all day then goes hunting at night. He wants about 10 minutes of attention total a day whereas the dog wants damn near constant attention. He doesn't shit or piss where he's not supposed to, and I think a lot of people who have cats that do that probably don't keep their litter box clean. 90% of the time he goes to the door to go outside when he needs to go to the bathroom, and pretty much just uses the litter box when no one is home to let him out. I think I've taken him to the vet twice in his 11 or 12 years. I also agree with Don about adopting an adult. You can see their perosnality ahead of time because I know I got lucky with my cat's personality. I've seen some arsehole cats for sure. Also no more field mice around my house. or bunnys. or lizards. or...

S

SeaMaiden

I'm definitely a cat person. They're not hard to care for at all.

Then let your wife get another kitty. Please? A friendly kitty, not like PsychoKitty. A kitty that will let me pet her, and hug her, and cuddle her, and love her. But only when I want to. Otherwise, it's outside for the kitty.

Has anyone else ever watched My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet? I love that show.

This is one of my favorite songs by The Presidents of the United States of America. Kitty (at my foot, and I wanna touch it!)

[YOUTUBEIF]sp4Rv79gQW0[/YOUTUBEIF]
Oh my God, they used Stinky for their video! Fat Catness, He Is.

sso

Veteran
i have 5 cats. :)

male cats are a bit more trouble, but usually more cuddly.

cats are so easy to take care of and so little trouble, that even a guy like me, that is disabled enough to have somewhat of a trouble just going to the store, can have 5 cats, without problems.

(having more than 1 male cat can be troublesome if they are not from the same litter.)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

late one night in '79 I was driving past the Humane Society in Elmsford NY, out in the road was a kitten, this cat had one chance to jump in my car or I was gone on down the road, my apartment lease did not allow any pets. he came to my call.

the next day I tucked kitty in under my leather jacket & we rode into NYC to my warehouse, Lucky peeked out from time to time, he was content to ride along on the Sportster. His new home became 25 W31st St, warehouse attack cat.

My dad was a known cat hater but would visit the warehouse a few times a week, for some reason Lucky just loved my dad & would do the figure-8 walk around/through dads legs whether he was sitting or standing. one day I told dad to shake Lucky's treat box and he did his little treat dance standing on his rear legs and pawing @ thin air, dad fell in love w/Lucky.

Instead of starting his day @ the office dad then started everyday @ the warehouse for a few minutes just to feed Lucky & visit with the cat.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
oh boy do I have experience with cats...

those fuckers WILL and I mean WILL eat your fucking little seedlings and clones. I had some seeds that were $100+ and finally got them to germ etc and they sprouted and got a good 2 leaves out of them. I messed up by not securing the area correctly against these damn cats and sure enough the next morning I woke up to nothing but "stems" as in the little stem growing BUT no fucking leaves because the damn cat ATE THEM, threw them up and I had to clean that shit up without killing the damn thing lol....

be careful, they do more than shit and piss everywhere, they LOVE our plants and their hair can and will get everywhere.

eastbeast

Cats are low maintenance, especially compared to dogs/puppies.
Every kitten i've adopted involves me bringing it home from the humane society, showing it where the litter box and food dish reside, and aside from cleaning up the odd hairball every once in a while, not having to worry about a mess.
I wish i could say the same for some of the puppies i've had to train... FUCK.

And every time my cat even got NEAR my grow room, i just sprayed her a few times with some water and it hasn't been an issue since. No eating of clones in this house goddammit!

Cat hair in the buds is a recurring problem though lol

IMHO if you show any cat or dog continual love and respect they will reciprocate with added devotion.

baittis

My two cats are pretty easy now that they have grown up a bit. And seriously, cleaning the litterbox two or three times a day MAX? No biggie, takes a minute. Sure smells, but so does your shit and piss, I promise.

The cloning area is the only grow-related area I have to keep closed at all times. They don't like the flowering plants that much and I let them much on the vegging ones every once in a while since they don't eat many leaves and seem to prefer the older leaves. But yea, clones are a problem. One bite and there goes that clone. :)

I've found lemon to be a nice aid in teaching kittens where they are not allowed to go. Just spray a little fresh lemonjuice where you don't want them. Should keep them away.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Cats can be fun or they can be a royal pain. Two things to remember keep the food bowl full, and the litter box cleaned daily and you should have few problems.
We have 8 cats that are not allowed outside, they live longer that way. Get a laser pointer and you can have hours of fun running your cat ragged. Plus you have to give them some sort of mental stimulation. Also you will need a scratching post, very important to have one. Start the kitten early on the scratching post use, it will save your furniture, I have a 4 in dia. alder tree that goes floor to ceiling wrapped in 1/4 inch manila rope. have to change the rope once a year cause the cats will shred it, but our leather furniture still looks new and it 12 years old. Its interesting to see the different personalities in each cat.
Oh yeah, I jave found that if you feed a high quality food, the cat shit doesn't stink as much. Good luck. I loves me kitties. Also have a Standard Poodle and a blue Great Dane. Never dull at our house.

Latest posts

Latest posts