What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

will this t5 b enough

scotsman

1 x T5 96w in a small veg chamber be enough to veg 6 plants? Been reading about them and my veg chamber is just wide enough to fit in. Anyone use one this size for vegging.......ta

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Hi and welcome Scotsman...
Yep the T5 will do fine for vegging 6 plants under..
Flouro's produce nice tight nodes and lush foliage..
I keep mother plants and root cuttings under T5's all year round...cheap and very effective.....peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im using a 400w t5 for 15 plants to veg :) they don't need much in early veg. after they get to the 3g pots I switch over to HID to finish the veg 6-8 weeks. .

Last edited:

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Yes 6 wks veg maybe too much for the T5.
You want good dense growth, that only the hid will do..but 3-4wks should be ok under the T5

scotsman

What if i set up 2 strip lamps i saw in bnq think they were 30w each and were a perfect size for the sides of my cabinet, ive always got 6 veggin some at 1 week maybe 2 at 6 weeks. That would boost me to 160w still less than the 300w cfl im trying not to uses......saving money exercise.....

Some say u can veg with the 100w some say u cant....

St3ve

T5's work great to veg.. up until they get to around 18"-20". If you need to veg taller than that then I would not.

T5's don't have the penetration AT ALL so when the plants get taller the bottoms start looking weak.

scotsman

I feel i bought it in a rush looking now id prob be better sticking to my 300w cfl, gonna keep
it for now...thanks for all the help..

Latest posts

Latest posts