What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600w cabinet micro grow

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Yep I stuck a 600w in a 2ft x 4ft dresser/cab. Its not finished yet so any comments or suggestions welcomed! Im using a s&p 6" fan and a phresh 6x24. For strains I have lemchem green crack and Mongrul ready to go. Nutes im using a+n sensi (organic next round) alright im going to update this thread regularly w/ pictures so enjoy :wave:

holy moly, a 600 in that is gonna be crazy, is that a dimmable lumatek ballast? I've been thinking about upgrading my 250 for one of those, may be i will depending on how you do.

best of luck :)

hazydreams

and i thought i was crazy for stuffing a 400 into a 24"x12" cab.... sick man just sick.. how are the temps? and what is the 600 in... i cant see you cooling it with out a cool tube... if you are doing it with out a cool tube i applaude your insainity and want to know as much about the cab as possible. hell either way i want more pictures and info!

Subscribed!

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Hey everyone! Thank you for the positive support! Lol I thought it was nuts too but its working out great

One- it is the dimmable 600w from lumatek. Im in love with it. It doesn't even get warm on full tilt
Hazy- its in a cool tube too and I.can grab the tube anytime w/o any problems

Ill post some more pics up tonight :) enjoy

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
I need a little bit of help. My temps in the cab are fine but the exhaust/filter is right next to it creating a hot pocket so to speak. Anyone have any ideas isolating/ quieting a scrubber and a fan? I had a thought of putting a cardboard box around the scrubber and wrapping the fan in a thick blanket.

Anywho here's a pic.

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Thanks for the input. Everythings going smooth now. I isolated the fan/scrubber from the cab and put the scrubber in a rubbermaid bin. Im using a 9" fan to blow the air away from my bed. Ill post up pics later today :tiphat:

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Is that a S&P 150X or 100X on the scrubber?

Nevermind. Saw your first post again. You running on high or low?

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
What's the wall and ceiling situation like? Do you have an attic above or another floor? Is the wall that your cab backs up to insulated?
Any chance of putting the fan and scrubber above in an attic or floor joist cavity and using the uninsulated wall cavity between studs as a plenum. You would need to drill a hole in the wall that corresponds to your cabinet flange and find a way to drill a couple of holes in the wall top plate to allow the air to get to your fan and scrubber.
Crazy talk, I know.

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Good lookin out sgt. Im confident the central air system will help me keep temps in check for the summer. Thanks again!

zbenjii

duct muffler --
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=65345

We use the same watering method. I'm assuming you bottom feed by just pouring water into the basin that contain the plants. How is it working for you? I've noticed additional stretch with this method because of the additional access to water.

I would put a layer of perlite as the top layer in your pots. It will prevent those annoying gnats from laying eggs in your soil.

Wick420

Awsome cab Cody. Its hard to tell from the pix but you might benefit from placing your light longways in the cab. This might give better light distribution. Just a thought. Looking good.

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Wick. I tried that idea but at the end of the lamp was a dead zone. See look at the ballast an how its not lit up. so I went back and redid it.

I recently picked up some babies. My buddys in the hospital so im taking over his plants and finishing them for him. I aquired og chem and a noname.

As for what's in the cab I still have green crack, Mongrul and two lemchems. In my veg cab I have a bagseed bubba kush that just showed pistals so shell be reported and put into flower.

Temps are great now that diy duct muffler is exactly what I was looking for :) I appreciate it!

Ok pics. Im pretty new at taking pics so if theirs something anyone wants to see just let me know. Thanks again guys :tiphat:

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Zben.. I like bottom feeding and I haven't seen any ill side effects because of it. I've been bottom feeding for almost a year and I wont change unless I upgrade to a gravity fed bottom water system :) (like a automatic dog waterer). Thank u again for that perlite idea.. how deep do you spread it?

zbenjii

i make it about 2 cm deep. i just basically rubbed the growing medium off until i hit root. then i filled it with perlite. it doesn't necessarily have to be perlite. i've seen people use sand. perlite works because it aerates so well that it stays dry most of the time. the top being dry prevents the gnats from burrowing down and laying roots. I think they don't like dryness. this worked far better than Diatomaceous earth.

A really easy(and ghetto) way to make a automatic dog waterer type thing is to just take a 2 liter coke bottle (has to have a cap) and poke a cm wide whole near the bottom of it. Fill it up with water, and place it into the basin. The water will leak out the hole until the water level in the basin reaches the hole you poked into the 2 liter bottle.

I don't really like this method since the 2 liter water bottle takes up a large chunk of space within the basin.

there should be a bottom feeding thread on icmag. it's a really effective and easy method of watering a sea of green grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts