What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Botanicare lacking sulfur in PBP?

cyat

Veteran
Maybe off topic but how bout using sulphuric acid for ph down, would this add enough sulfur?

neddy

I don't experience S deficiency. I suspect the plants are getting their needs fulfilled by the manure. I don't use Epsom salts but I have them in reserve should the need arise. As for JC, I know he gets much of his information from more informed sources (ex: Chimera wrote the section on breeding cannabis).

M.

no doubt but the breakdown of organics in soils is somewhat different to the breakdown of organics in solution. No doubt as you say manure is serving your S needs just fine. I'm not an organics person (nor would I pretend to be) - what my point was was that Fatmans claims needed to be corrected so that people didn't read labels incorrectly and assume no S in solution/formulation. Full respects to JC - I have seen him on you tube and he's a very nice person. We just come from very different schools.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll rehash it here

you can't have sulfur in a 1 part, because the calcium and sulfur form CaSO4, which is Calcium Sulfate aka gypsum which is abound form of calcium and sulfur. Although the roots are still able to absorb this in this form, it would clog drip system and is not ideal for liquid feeding

Interesting. Though I am pretty sure the CNS-17 line has Ca and S in one bottle.
it appears you are right.

CNS17CocoGrow_BackLabel.png

In addition, I can't help but notice their lack of micro-nutrients.

They don't list them, but the whole "17" thing in CNS 17 is supposed to be because they include all 17 essential minerals in their Complete Nutrient System. Who the hell knows if it's true, but I believe that's the idea anyways.

different

Old thread, but the Botanicare website lists the SDS sheets for Liquid Karma and Pure Blend Pro, and they both contain magnesium sulfate as a listed ingredient.

BillFarthing

Veteran
CNS17 and FloraNova have sulfur because they use slurry technology to keep them suspended. They are also dillute enough that it takes a long time for them to react. I believe CNS17 uses Xanthan or some kind of vegetable gum. FloraNova uses coal slurry to make this possible.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Floranova uses polysaccharides (sugars), like CNS17, for suspension.
The coal "slurry" in FloraNova is leonardite (humid and fulvic acids), not for suspension, but used to chelate.

Your explanation seems plausible, but their sales rep must have been confused when explaining how they could have a complete 1-part.

Latest posts

Latest posts