What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CHEAPER ENZYMES

Cork144

I'm not sure. No scientist or anything. Saliva contains enzymes. They're not organisms but a biproduct of organisms.

They are proteins and yes my confusion was in the denaturation process of heating, my guess is that anything for root treatment or the decaying of organic matter wouldnt be heated, just not so clued up on enzymes in hydroponics, more for fish lol

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
fair enough but in the aquafeed industry we have strong definitions for whats a live and a dead enzyme, I cant heat enzymes over 60C for a period of seconds without destroying them in the fish food,

Destroying not killing. Enzymes aren't living.

BubbaBear

I gotta give it up to the Total Pond Barley Pond Clarifier it's a all natural barley concentrate. I've had a bottle for years and it still works, its super cheap about $9 and really concentrated like a drop per gallon is what they recommend for ponds but l go up to about 4 times that approximately in my reservoir or whatever a half a capful to a 27 gallon res equals for a heavy does or a quarter capful for a regular dose , it's a forgiving product. I've never seen and negative results and when l use it and l can actually see results, my plants get a nice boost of growth and my reservoir is gunk free at the bottom when l change it out.

biobizz

i run out of bio p5 and it looks like its not available in europe anymore. (only in czech language store anyway)

so finally i want try that one as i heard the name often

how to dose the api pondcare by barley? searched that thread but couldnt find it.

the stuff dont go bad right? my last ordered p5 enzymes got a short expire date and i was never shure its good as fresh.

i got a 130gallon reservoir. how much of the stuff should i mix in to get the job done? useing coco coir slabs and now i see whats happening as i dont use enzymes for one run anymore.. they not as happy as usual

thanks for all advice greetings

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
So it is the same enzymes from rid x and similar? I have a bag of enzymes that you are supposed to add to a doggy septic tank.
Yup doggy septic tank. They make everything now.

works great, just not in the auto feed tank(too much foam and cant sit for longer than 2-3 hours imo)

Supposedly the foam is a good thing...why do you think it shouldn't sit for more than a few hours?

I'm the guinea pig...i added it to an EWC tea which foamed like crazy and smelled amazing the next day...also added 1ml/gal to one of my flower rez's...res smells clean to say the least. No adverse affects that I can see after 4 days.

Fixer

I’m sincerely pleased that this thread has been beneficial to so many people for so long.

There’s honestly no need to spend as much as most people do to have a good grow.

Good luck to you all.

It's still helping! Thanks for the knowledge. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts