Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > What is a better name for these type of genetics??

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
What is a better name for these type of genetics?? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2017, 08:03 PM #21
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural high View Post
Interesting. Raise it at 24 and then put it out when you want it to flower.. I want one. View Image
Exactly! Though there be quality differences, depending on the season, you can run year round greenhouses with zero need for blackout gear. When the goal is supplying extracts for medicine, this would be an ideal path.

The only drawback being the low number of available strains, medicinal or otherwise. The future is rather bright.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:12 PM #22
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsäkana View Post
Beautiful plants! Thank you.
Which of these would have the 4hr dark genetics? I believe I have some Early Dane seeds, I was under the impression it was an auto...

Old 08-07-2017, 09:04 PM #23
metsäkana

metsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to allmetsäkana is a name known to all
i think pretty much all of them exept big bud i dont know try out i think there is discussion on that thread too im too tired to write more. there might be faster and slower phenos in each..
metsäkana is online now Quote

Old 08-09-2017, 12:40 AM #24
offthehook

offthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really nice
I'd call them 'Late Earlies' just.

'Late' Because in outdoors up here in Lat.65 they will start flowering way too late for having any chance of 'ripening up' their seeds.

'Earlies' Because they are carrying the genetic make up of a photo responding plant. ('Early' is synonymous for 'photo responding')

It is not right to call them 'Auto' on no any way, since 'auto' traits are not shown by the plant itself.

Eg, if one was to sell the strain as an Auto, and I up here would be buying into that shit, then the plant will not finnish and my money be wasted on false advertisement.

Depending on how much of a pure bred this type of plant is, It can either contain no any genetic 'auto' makeup at all, or, if it is still a breeding project in progress, it may show auto characteristics in their offspring.

Only the offspring of this plant that contains genetic auto makeup may be called a semi auto. ( Or breeding project in progress)

If siblings of this plant show different characteristics, Then ppl tend to call it a 'semi auto'.

Me on the other hand would then rather call it: 'A breeding project in progress'.

If it's not a breeding project but only used for cloning, then it is what it is according to genetic make up, and since only earlies are possible to clone, it will therefore be a 'Late Early'.

'Short photo period' being the term normally used, since Late Early is rather much of a paradox and a bit confusing.

But there's lot's of variety on *HOW SHORT* a photo period, So that's not going to help one bit when buying seeds from a vendor.

There's Earlies that start flowering already after 4 weeks and independent from day lenght, and then there's 'earlies' that take like 8 weeks or even longer and who are more or less dependend on decreasing day lengths.

And then of course there's them bloody Earlies that are doing all kinds of wicked shit inbetween. lol.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:21 AM #25
Douglas.Curtis

True, where you reside true a"early autos" are desired. These genetics do not qualify, and are desired for their ability to allow mums for clones.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:42 PM #26
offthehook

offthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really nice
That would be 'fast' auto's, 'slow' auto's and 'super' auto's.

These different traits are derived by using different forms of breeding technics.

Up here. Slow auto's and Super fast Earlies usually perform the best.

Fast auto's would usually be too fast to produce a significant amount of bud.

And 'Super auto's' would not get the time needed before winter sets in.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:47 PM #27
offthehook

Example of super fast early. Starts flowering at around 4 weeks, independent from day light scedule. Can take longer if temps are too cold.

Example of slow Auto.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:55 PM #28
offthehook

Example of Medium fast Early. (Not finishing too well)

Example of Super Auto. (Not finishing too well.)

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:17 PM #29
therevverend

therevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to beholdtherevverend is a splendid one to behold
Nice work offthehook. Hard to sort through all the 'short fast early auto' terminology.
Most autos flower regardless of length of day. They flower after a period of time. You could select for autos that begin flowering almost immediately, veg for a month and then flower, etc. Most autos flower immediately producing a poor yield, not so good. I've started them in March and harvested in June. 'Super Auto' looks like one that veges long enough to produce some bulk and branching.
Then there's the 'short photoperiod' light sensitive strains. As soon as they detect a shortening of the days they flower regardless of day length. Inside under 24 or 18 hours of light they will stay in veg but as soon as it falls below they flower. Those are ideal because they will begin flowering July 1 and finish around now to the end of August.
There's also the issue of how quickly plants finish flowering. Some plants will begin flowering quickly but take months to finish flowering. Some flower and finish quickly, begin flowering now and finish by first week of September. Most plants that finish in the normal time frame, by October 1-15 begin flowering now.
There's so many categories and we don't have the language to describe each types. Makes these discussions more difficult.
Curious how you select males offthehook. They flower so much quicker then females it is difficult to select for earliness. Most flower at almost the same time. Do you select just for size and vigor? Or do you have a way of judging speed?
therevverend is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2017, 05:28 PM #30
offthehook

I don't work like that at all therevverend. It would be too hard to explain how I work.

There's 15 different sized plots that are all being 'open pollinated' the way I see fit.

It's a piece of history between me and my now 'reduced to 5 strains journey' that were originally derived from about 15 different strains that are rotating the plots each year in a slightly different manner.

It's merely about breeding likes to likes, and avoiding direct inbreds mostly.

Now 12,13 years in, and time always sorts things out on its own.

2 members found this post helpful.