Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Dutch pilot experiment: LEGALLY growing organic female hemp flowers high in CBD

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Twilight Labs
Dutch pilot experiment: LEGALLY growing organic female hemp flowers high in CBD Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2014, 02:57 AM #211
offthehook

offthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
DutchHempCBD,
Thanks for the visit, I had a great time.
Beautiful plants in really good shape for outdoors in holland, really no mold or damage yet, and with luck it will stay that way.
For the folks that insist that FINOLA is 100% autoflower I would like to point out that FINOLA was not like true Autoflower varieties and continuing to make new flowers, it is maturation determinate and is not making any more flowers at all, zero. That was Aug 4. But I have grown FINOLA many times under natural light at different times in Holland it was the same, it finished and was determinate, it did not keep making flowers.
Other autoflowers I have grown will continue to make flowers regardless of photoperiod as long as they did not get to cold which did stop new flower production, even if fully seeded plants continued to make new flowers on the tips until they are harvested. The Ruderalis AF's and AF Hybrids I have grown do first veg then go into flowering, but they do not frost at the end of flowering as they do not really end flowering, they want to keep flowering.
FINOLA while not as frosted as a good drug variety does have quite a bit of resin on the flowers.
Of course CBD resin is quite different then THC resin, for example if you try to hand rub FINOLA to collect finger hash it is frustrating no resin really sticks to the hand like with THC varieties, I tried with DHC and no luck....
Maybe FINOLA is not photoperiod determinate to begin flowering but is more so when it does end flowering? Not sure....
To me it smelled like FINOLA or very hempy, it is not as strong or pleasant as most drug Cannabis smells, it can be pleasant to some.
-SamS
My experience with indoor pre-grown Finola that was later put outdoors under 24/0 light regime showed that they will continue to make new white pistills until cold gets them.

So if they were indoors for 2 months under 24/0, showed female flowers at between 5 and 7 weeks, then be put outdoors at the 15th of May, they would continue to make white female pistils until chopping date sept 15th or first frost. Even when partly or fully seeded.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:00 AM #212
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthehook View Post
My experience with indoor pre-grown Finola that was later put outdoors under 24/0 light regime showed that they will continue to make new white pistills until cold gets them.

So if they were indoors for 2 months under 24/0, showed female flowers at between 5 and 7 weeks, then be put outdoors at the 15th of May, they would continue to make white female pistils until chopping date sept 15th or first frost. Even when partly or fully seeded.
Why the difference? Why did Dutch's Finola all stop making flowers at the longest time of the year? And yours keep making flowers? I do not get the difference. You did have lights under 24 hours for 2 months indoors under lights but if Finola is AutoFlower why any effect from the photoperiod of 24 hours for two months? Maybe if the plants were used to the 24 hours then wouldn't the reduction of hours outside cause the plants to have a relative photoperiod response and flower? I do not know but am trying to understand.
I have seen plants that kepy under 18 hours of light will flower at 13 hours of light, and if under 24 hours will flower at 14-15 hours they are more relative response flowering then absolute photpoeriod response flowering found in most varieties.
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:11 AM #213
offthehook

offthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really nice
I can't help you find the answers Sam. All I gave you was an observation being made, and these observations are now being duplicated large scale as we speak, though only this time without the pre-grow factor like I did other years before as well.

Just understand that I am here in Northern Finland where the sun will almost shine around the clock at june 24th, and way before and beyond it 'll be as bright as daylight in the middle of the night.

Currently, sun will set at 22:00 and rise at 4:45, so only almost 7 hours of a kind of 'dark' that is not realy dark. I can still walk our dogs in the forest at night and without a need for a torch. A hare far away running over a field can still be seen.

Apparently they are forced to shoot into flower in disregard of day length and due to their auto genes stimulating their flowering hormones, but therefore does a lack of shortening day length hours beyond a certain number of true dark hours give them the impulse to continue flowering. (Just like all photo sensitive early's would do at the latter stage at our lattitude)

In that sense they would be true 'allthough late flowering' auto's for the 'shoot into flowering' factor, but still remain photo sensitve for the 'finnishing up part' of the blooming factor.

It is what it is, and if they were not like that then they would have had no chance to get this big as they do in here and produce lots of seed for the Finola company I suppose.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=55674

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 PM #214
DutchHempCBD

DutchHempCBD will become famous soon enoughDutchHempCBD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your Finola sensimilla grow! Those Finola looks so different from our crop. Impressive. What's the average size range? How much do they branch?

It doesn't look like they have created substantial buds yet?! Or are these older pictures? Would be cool if you could get some decent macro shots?!!
DutchHempCBD is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2014, 12:03 AM #215
DutchHempCBD

DutchHempCBD will become famous soon enoughDutchHempCBD will become famous soon enough
Day 82

Day 82 - We harvested 10% of our field by tractor. It took as a couple of runs before we found the ideal tractor speed and cutting speed. We wanted the plants to fall over in one direction to speed up the hand harvest. We selected only female plants. The males where mere dry & weak leafless stalks. The plants were lightly packed in the drying box in random order. We ended up filling two drying boxes. Back at the farm connected the boxes to the drying machine which blows unheated outdoor air through the plants. This should prevent mould and plant decay.

If this drying method works and the trichomes come out largely un-smooched we'll harvest the rest of the field when as soon as we get more dry weather.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:12 AM #216
DutchHempCBD

Day 86

DAY 86 - We managed to harvest the remaining 90% in one day. In total we filled 15 huge boxes with female hemp plants. The plants are now air drying.

Next step.... trial extractions to determine the best extraction technique!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 PM #217
offthehook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHempCBD View Post
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your Finola sensimilla grow! YW Those Finola looks so different from our crop. Impressive. What's the average size range? Most are between 160 and 240cm tall. How much do they branch? There are 2 distinct pheno's: the wide branching ones and the more tightly grown 'Donkey dick' type of Cola's lol Maybe some are a bit in between but not that many.

It doesn't look like they have created substantial buds yet?! Most are now about a month into flowering and they were sown in on the 10th of May. Or are these older pictures? These were recent pictures Would be cool if you could get some decent macro shots?!!
Sorry mate, this is about as good as it gets with my camera > Todays pics, shot 1 week after pollination. >

Old 08-15-2014, 11:23 PM #218
DutchHempCBD

Quote:
Sorry mate, this is about as good as it gets with my camera > Todays pics, shot 1 week after pollination. > ...
Thanks for sharing. They looks quite nuglike. Cool! What do you mean 1 week after pollination. I thought you where growing sensimilla?! Do you have the other answers from post #214?

Old 08-15-2014, 11:31 PM #219
offthehook

My intent was to pollinate them with Diesel ryder and Diesel ryder back crossses to early's exclusively. But yes, the plan got changed a bit indeed, lol.

At first I thought I pollinate the biggest ones by hand, and let the smaller ones go sensi.

But then it seemed to become too much of a job, and so I easely pollinated them all by suspending a vase with male flowers high up on a pole in the middle of the field, lol

Last year, I did it on the way as was originally planned for, but then I only had a quarter of the amount I got this year. Work overload man, lol one's got to pick his battles, ehehe

Old 08-16-2014, 04:29 PM #220
offthehook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHempCBD View Post
Do you have the other answers from post #214?
I thought I did answer the questions from #214 as good as I could in post #217.

Like 'how much do they branch' is a finicky one to answer correctly, lol. Some are branching more than others' would be the most accurate answer to that I'd say lol.

It was very difficult to me to shoot good pictures from individual plants, but without exposing the buildings on our property. Many shots I took I had to delete for that reason.^^

After harvest in mid September I could have a better go at that.

Quote:It doesn't look like they have created substantial buds yet?! There are plenty of pistills in especially the 'donkey dick' ones, the wider branched ones are slower/later, and have their pistills more widely and less densely spaced out.

But since they have only become pollinated one week ago, they are only now in the process of filling in the calyxes with seed. To build new pistills every day seems having their priority atm, but some pollinated calyxes are already getting more substance each day.

I personally am mostly after the 'donkey dick' types for reproduction > The earlyer flowering ones with, dense and large pistills that only branch a little.