Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Auto Flowering > Why all the hate with Autoflowers?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies for Great Cannabis Genetics!
Why all the hate with Autoflowers? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2014, 08:31 PM #101
Koondense

Koondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud of
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
^how can one apply those options in an outdoor or guerrilla growing style? No way.

Autos have more trouble with mold also because of low stature. When it rains a lot, they can get sprayed with soil, humidity is also higher near the ground all day and especially at night. So there are lots of factors to consider in relation to growing style.
Koondense is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:42 PM #102
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
That's true...'growing style' ...depends on area were you grow, how you grow. Being in semi-arid climate, no problems. Understandable with different more rain predominant regions.

Was mentioning root rot in regards to hydro.....my only experience w/ rr.

Again, to each their own.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 08-07-2014, 02:12 AM #103
offthehook

offthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really nice
@Koondense, you can overcome those troubles by growing on raised mounds made of predominantly peat based soil when doing GG style. (As be seen on my pics in page 1 of this thread, or check out my album)

Old 08-07-2014, 02:52 AM #104
Koondense

Koondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud of
I know, many options in guerrilla and many more indoors

Old 08-07-2014, 03:02 AM #105
quokka

I think some people just don't like autoflowers because all they have ever grown is photoperiod strains, and the ability to flower all year round threatens their relevance.

Something so easy can replace a lot of hassle in some circumstances.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:18 AM #106
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by quokka View Post
I think some people just don't like autoflowers because all they have ever grown is photoperiod strains, and the ability to flower all year round threatens their relevance.

Something so easy can replace a lot of hassle in some circumstances.
Couldn't have said it better myself! GROW ON! ;o)
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:39 PM #107
La Buena Hierba

La Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
^how can one apply those options in an outdoor or guerrilla growing style? No way.

Autos have more trouble with mold also because of low stature. When it rains a lot, they can get sprayed with soil, humidity is also higher near the ground all day and especially at night. So there are lots of factors to consider in relation to growing style.
you tested some of mine LBH autoflower genetics and you stil think this ..lol
La Buena Hierba is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:12 PM #108
Koondense

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Buena Hierba View Post
you tested some of mine LBH autoflower genetics and you stil think this ..lol
Yes I think this for most(not all) autoflowers
You know yours are an exception in outdoor resistence, very well done my friend!

Cheers

Old 12-22-2017, 05:36 PM #109
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
Is it possible that some of the perceived hate is just lack of interest?
I have no hate for autoflowers but don’t want to grow any because it is a one shot deal. If I find something that works for myself or one of the five others I supply, I want to be able to keep producing it indefinitely. Autoflowers aren’t there yet as far as I know. Too much variation when starting from a seed each time.
Maybe one day autoflower seeds will be similar enough to meet my needs, maybe they are now and I’m just ignorant.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:33 PM #110
La Buena Hierba

La Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of lightLa Buena Hierba is a glorious beacon of light
Autoflowers are more for outdoor grows is mine opinion !
that why i select years for noordic outdoor and stable it .
so i can crow almost pure haze/sativa plants outdoor here in Amsterdam and finish long before rainy and cold september .
indoor i use proven klones dont understand why autoflowering indoor?...

LBH noordic guerilla outdoor grow

La Buena Hierba is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.