Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Dutch pilot experiment: LEGALLY growing organic female hemp flowers high in CBD

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Female Seeds for Fine Cannabis Genetics
Dutch pilot experiment: LEGALLY growing organic female hemp flowers high in CBD Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2014, 04:03 PM #191
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant futureSam_Skunkman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Ornamental View Post
Sam, I guess you have everything when it comes to cannabis/hemp !
BTW, did Dr. Bocsa gave you also some Panorama?
Sure I got some. He offered to sell me the variety pretty cheap but I saw no future in it. Kinda of a pretty plant though. Really round like a beach ball.
He also made me a unisex S African but I did not like the taste, the potency or the high so I declined it. He made it from my S African Durban Poison with out even asking me first, and was shocked I did not want it. I did not want it because it still has a few male flowers on each plant and will set seeds for sure. They were all female plants if you ignore the few male flowers....
He was a genius hemp breeder, maybe the best, a terrible drug Cannabis breeder, as a non smoker he just did not get it.....
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:51 PM #192
offthehook

offthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really niceoffthehook is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
It is good you did not seed them, than the rats would come back and try and eat every seed. Our dogs and hawks already been dealing with most of em, thanks for your concern Sam Any time soon they will be pollinated.

What was the area or total number of plants? I am wondering why it would take so long? I can sex a acre a day, more with help.
-SamS
There are 12 lanes of about 4.5 meter length, each lane containing about 150 female plants on average. > So about 1800 surviving females are now left standing.

I sourced my Finola seed from 4 different places. 1.Helsinky University Finola. 2.Directly from the Finola company. 3.Reform shop Finola seed meant for human consumption. 4. A landscaping friend's Finola Batch who's been growing them every year for plain ornamental and soil improving reasons.

All batches of seeds were looking slightly different allthough the resulting plants are looking fairly uniform.

It took so long because the males will not be showing all at approximatly the same time.

Between the first and the last ones to show gender would take up to about one month.
The first males will be showing out at about 3.5 weeks after emerging at the surface. The last males largely one month there after.

Note that we have eternal day length at my lattitude during the time of early bloom. >

I have noticed before that several feno's of presumed 'fully automatic strains' will take longer to show gender as when exposed to shorter day length frequencies.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:22 PM #193
karl.uk

karl.uk is on a distinguished road
@ Dutch,

Extraction, maybe the best and most cost efective way >> Distillation.
Get the bud and small amounts of leaf matter, dry them, freeze them. Also freeze 95%ABV or 190 proof alcohol, freeze this.
Then mix the hemp matter with the alcohol, and agitate for a good 5 minutes, then filter this liquid ( you could them juice the 'used' hemp buds and leaves).
Now for distillation, get a Turbo 500 Distiller or similar, add the hemp liquid and draw off the alcohol. (you can re-use the alcohol for next distillation) you are left with hemp oil, you could add the juiced element also if required.
Furthermore before you stated, you could produce the 190 proof alcohol required, from the turbo 500 still, by producting a commercial mash of 25 lites, this would produce 5 litres or so of 190 proof alcohol.
Would be time consuming, but would get all the element out that you are after.

Karl.......
karl.uk is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 02:00 PM #194
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to behold
He'd loose a considerable amount of monoterpenes during distillation. Reusing the alcohol several times would reduce the losses over time, but in a non-predictable way. And, soaking only for a few minutes will only extract what's in the trichomes but not what's in the leaves (e.g. flavonoids and other unknown but healthy stuff).

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 02:25 PM #195
oldchuck

oldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to behold
You would need a still about the scale of one of those fuel ethanol plants that popped up all over the American midwest a few years ago and now are regularly going bankrupt. You could probably find one for sale cheap there but I don't know about Europe. I don't think ethanol for fuel got very big in Europe.

I use a simple still to recover ethanol in my extraction process. I get about a 3/4 recovery.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2014, 02:34 PM #196
Only Ornamental

Only Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to beholdOnly Ornamental is a splendid one to behold
Moonshining here in the old Europe is rather scarce .
The official channels to get the permits may even become a nightmare; how do you explain that you use a still not for the alcohol but for what's left? Might be more tricky than it sounds. Sub-contract the extraction process to someone who has the permits and the means to deal with huge quantities may be the easiest and cheapest (though certainly not cheap) way to go...

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 08-02-2014, 01:03 PM #197
karl.uk

karl.uk is on a distinguished road
Hi All,
Finola Seeds & Fedora 17 seeds, tried Finola to order some, they havent got back to me as yet, but judging by last year they may run our quick ...
So do any of you know were I can get these seeds from both varities, so I can compare one against the other in UK climate.

Thanks
Karl...
karl.uk is offline Quote

Old 08-02-2014, 01:29 PM #198
Only Ornamental

Hi Karl,
Remember the 'The Hemp Seed Hub'? There's that special link to the Common Catalogue of Varieties of Agricultural Plant Species available in different languages.
First, you search the two varieties, then remember the number of the supplier mentioned in the right column, and finally search that one at the end of the document. The numbers are *FI 6157 for Finola (a Finnish supplier, likely the one you already contacted) and *FR 8194 for Fédora 17 in France or *CH 170 for Switzerland. I leave it to you finding the addresses in the document.
Remember, the French authorities most likely speak only French and nothing else whereas the Swiss ones will speak French and German fluently but should understand English and Italian fairly well. Furthermore, according to my experiences with both, dealing with the Swiss folks will be a lot smoother; but like with nearly everything from Switzerland, it might cost more too (but that's often worth the trouble, believe me) .

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 08-02-2014, 04:23 PM #199
Cannabliss420

Cannabliss420 will become famous soon enoughCannabliss420 will become famous soon enough
interesting stuff OO
Cannabliss420 is offline Quote

Old 08-03-2014, 10:41 PM #200
DutchHempCBD

DutchHempCBD will become famous soon enoughDutchHempCBD will become famous soon enough
Thanks everybody for your input. Much appreciated.

@Karl.Uk Destilation will not extract the cannabinoids in acid form. And as OO points out, cosiderable loss of (mono)terpenes.

As for growing hemp indoors. This is not allowed in the Netherlands. Hemp can only be grown in ''full soil'' (not pots etc.) and ''open air''.

@OnlyOrnamental Thanks for your viewpoint on flavonoids and the limited amount of lecithin from hemp seeds.

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress. I will be doing some small extraction tests soon.
DutchHempCBD is offline Quote