What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC Good, CBD Bad

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I believe nature's real and original cannabis had more CBD than THC. At least in North America. The CBD is a THC antagonist and 'calms' the THC buzz. It seems that Mother Nature designed like that on purpose.

I think the high THC strains we have today are more a byproduct of man's tinkering.

I'm not sure about equatorial strains and the Afghan area stuff. That may have originally been higher in THC than CBD.

There is going to be a lot of 'new' and 'rediscovered' stuff about cannabis in the near future. The dam is open and the money is flowing as fast as the greed can take it.

Terpenes are the future (and past) of holistic medicine.

Should be fun to watch.

Kree73

CBD

CBD

I think more so because CBD was made acceptable . I brought a 250 mg CBD vaping fluid about a month ago . Now considering the fact that I like most of you … Smoke every day ( just a shame I cannot control the quality …. Yet !) . I found I had no affect from the CBD oil at all . So not a viable substitute . I always knew CBD was a part of the make up of this incredible weed , however I was surprised to find out That CBD's basically strangle the strength of the plant . Probably created that way as to prevent us from being Ridiculously Stoned . :dance013:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Posted 9/20/2018:

CBD modifies THC but not in a positive way for most folks that want to get higher.
CBD delays onset of the THC effects, reduces peak experiences, and makes the reduced effects last longer. Some like this but it does not make THC stronger. THCV is similar.

When we developed THCV only varieties the higher the THCV and the less THC the worse the smoke was for recreational use, we all hated the THCV only varieites they were like smoking hemp. They did have almost a 100 to 1 ratio of THCV to THC, much higher in THCV and much much lower in THC then your variety. Even a concentrate would be less then 1% THC.
We did get high from THCV/THC varieties that were closer to 1:1 but you also get high if you smoke 1:1 CBD/THC varieties but no one or few think CBD makes THC stronger or better for recreational use unless THC only varieites do get them to high and paranoid, and they use the CBD/THC to prevent that. That I understand, as long as they do not claim that CBD gets them higher.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Stony Stony bud usually contains CBD I like it because it remedies my anxiety associated with my PTSD but as someone who likes to venture down the rabbit hole here and there THC is the way to and if THCV is present can make things pretty interesting lol

CBD bad? Good?
That's all preference but if one is to effectively utilize CBD imo should utilize a form with a ratio best for you as CBD is best synergistically with THC

This thread is very much opinion based good topic

Booyah!

I think the fact that people are breeding all these high CBD strains kinda ridiculous after trying to breed them out of the genepool for decades. They can keep their ditch weed.

erbium

I miss the days when people bred for the high and flavor, not numbers on a lab report.

I like different strains for different things.

I prefer a balanced herb for most occasions.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I miss the days when people bred for the high and flavor, not numbers on a lab report.

I like different strains for different things.

I prefer a balanced herb for most occasions.
Nothing wrong with that:) There's enough variety to float everyone's boat. To include but not ltd to folks who want CBD strains (meds).

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
I think the fact that people are breeding all these high CBD strains kinda ridiculous after trying to breed them out of the genepool for decades.

Apart from the obvious medical value, you should realize that in some place (like EU) growing very low THC strains (<1% or even less depending on the country) is becoming very profitable because is classified as industrial hemp and hence legal. Cannabis "light" is the name of the game.

Peace

=K

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I've been blessed with a high CBD producing strain called Harle-Tsu currently rooting cuts and she'll be thrown in flower once my Alien Sour Apple are big enough for flower will be making F·2 and also an outcrops between Alien Sour Apple and Harle-Tsu then will proceed to backcross and select strictly for cbd rich specimens this is very exciting for me as this is something I'm excited to do

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
When I require the synergistic effects of CBD in my cannabis, I go for a 1:1 or 3:2 CBD:THC ratio. That's the sweet spot for me. I keep hearing other people say the same thing, and I've even seen some researchers draw similar conclusions. High CBD:THC ratios are probably not giving the full effects that cannabinoids have to offer, but that's neither good nor bad. Obviously there are tons of people out there enjoying high CBD low THC cannabis. But there's a magic that occurs at the 1:1 to 3:2 range.

People who just want to get blasted into the stratosphere should skip past anything with appreciable amounts of CBD. It works so well as an "antitode" to THC that I keep some CBD concentrate around strictly for the purpose of bringing me down if I ever get panic attacks from doing too many dabs of high THC varieties.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the fact that people are breeding all these high CBD strains kinda ridiculous after trying to breed them out of the genepool for decades. They can keep their ditch weed.

We have our recreational jar stash (massive Whitman's Sampler), but the exorbitant price of buying CBD capsules, I now make my own doing so these last 4 months....helps w/ chronic pain and insomnia.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
When I require the synergistic effects of CBD in my cannabis, I go for a 1:1 or 3:2 CBD:THC ratio. That's the sweet spot for me. I keep hearing other people say the same thing, and I've even seen some researchers draw similar conclusions. High CBD:THC ratios are probably not giving the full effects that cannabinoids have to offer, but that's neither good nor bad. Obviously there are tons of people out there enjoying high CBD low THC cannabis. But there's a magic that occurs at the 1:1 to 3:2 range.

People who just want to get blasted into the stratosphere should skip past anything with appreciable amounts of CBD. It works so well as an "antitode" to THC that I keep some CBD concentrate around strictly for the purpose of bringing me down if I ever get panic attacks from doing too many dabs of high THC varieties.
That right there :tiphat:

Treevly

That's comparing cats and dogs though. It was rec growers breeding for higher THC while currently most of the CBD research is medical. Different fields, different goals.

Exactly so. Complaining that CBD doesn't get you high is perhaps comparable to complaining that your stupid Beagle won't swim out and retrieve ducks. That's not what Beagles do.

The post about the best ratio addresses the interesting bit for me.

Treevly

Good post. Thanks.