What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Team Microbe's Living Soil Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Oh TM, I think your growing skills are 10x better than your psychoanalytic skills; you are embarrassing yourself--so please stop making yourself look "cute" by trampling on my back...it ain't working.

If I wanted to troll you (as you suggest) and derail this thread, I think I could have done a better job and I promise you, it would have been locked up by now. LOL...nice try.

I still have no idea who this LLB person is--but it's cool, when all else fails....you seem to make shit up, right? Sad and very disappointing.

I don't feel embarrassed, nor should I... enough from you though. Let's move on and be civil for the sake of the thread please...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm enjoying this thread, but please eclipsefour20 stop arguing, and just read, or get out of here. hostility is not needed. Team microbe, if you find someone else's behavior troll like and detracting from a thread you can politely request that a mod clean out the thread and get rid of the negative posts that waste bandwidth. They are nice guys and might help you out. If they find the troll behavior unacceptable they can kick the guy out of the thread or ban him. It's not a democracy here. The first amendment does not apply. This is a privately owned web site, and positively contributing members don't have to put up with people derailing their threads.

Team Microbe

Veteran
picture.php

In a week or two this canopy will be filled in and ready for the flip... can't wait! I'm debating on throwing a trellis in here instead of the bamboo poles. I know it's going to be a pain in the ass to water though, so I might not. If I could access my tent from more than 1 side I would def use them. I just hate driving stakes into my soil...

picture.php

Veg racks are coming along nicely - I mixed 3 parts seedling soil with 1 part living soil for an extra giddy up. I want to be sure that these aren't deprived of anything before I take them outdoors in 3-4 weeks. Was kind of afraid of burning them at first, but it looks like everything (especially seedlings) are chuggin along nicely. They love the revised mix!

picture.php

I ran out of root riots so after the 24 hour soak I just dipped these clones in aloe gel and stuck em directly into soil. I've got some under a humidity dome, and some outside so we'll see how that comparison turns out. I'm guessing they'll all root, but the ones under the dome may root a little faster compared to the others. Time will tell...

picture.php

Silver Lotus #2 stretching out into her 25 gallon

picture.php

I started a few 5 gallon pots to grow Holy Basil, this plant is sacred in India and has so many medicinal properties to it! I'll use this for the garden too since the leaves offer great pesticide and fungicide properties. I have to double check the recipe for foliar spraying, but if anyone knows it then please feel free to share with us all. I do things last minute so I'll probably look it up the night I prepare it... knowing how I do things around here LOL. Here's some fun facts about this plant:

"According to ancient folklore, the Tulsi plant is a manifestation of the Divine Mother on Earth and is for the benefit of all creation. Tulsi is the forerunner of all basils around the world just like the wolf is to our domesticated pet dogs. Tulsi is one of the original 7 holy plants in India which predates even the Ayurvedic Period which predates Hinduism by about 1,500 years. It has been used and is still used today for its medicinal compounds. It’s used during sickness to help overcome cough, cold, flu and fever. Assists digestion and is good for treating any and all maladies of the digestive system. Tastes good and provides gentle stimulation to body, mind and spirit.
It is a common practice to plant Tulsi around homes, parks and other public places. It is loaded with the ketone called camphor making it a powerful pesticide and it’s very high in the plant compound called thymol which functions as a fungicide."

Granger2

Veteran
TM,
I stake my plants as needed. I really don't worry about root damage. Any that are severed, branch and take off. And what percentage of the total root mass is affected? Very minor. I understand about loving your girls and all, but really, no harm done. -granger

Team Microbe

Veteran
TM,
I stake my plants as needed. I really don't worry about root damage. Any that are severed, branch and take off. And what percentage of the total root mass is affected? Very minor. I understand about loving your girls and all, but really, no harm done. -granger

I suppose you're right Granger. It might just be the sound of roots snapping in half that makes my stomach turn... lol. Staking is much less of a pain to water around, that's for sure. I think I'll do that instead of the trellis. We'll see, I change my mind like a motherfucker :laughing:

Polygon

In no-till, once certain stakes were in, especially in 25 gals like yours, you wont have to move them ever again, so it won't be too big of a deal. Think of it as an investment in the stability of your plants.

panick503

Wow really legit thread. Long time grower here, but I've always been afraid to make the jump to organics. Is Teaming with Microbes the best book to start with?

jujuflex101

Wow finally after 2weeks my account gets activation email :D

The only reason i wanted to create an account in the first place was to say you have the most amazing and healthy looking plants i have seen Team Microbe :)

Here is my favorite one.. In-case anyone missed :D Just Spectacular!

One Love

Attachments

• user417150_pic1352502_1416978704.jpg
    user417150_pic1352502_1416978704.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 25

Polygon

Just a tid-bit that even non organic gardeners would be interested in. This round I've noticed a terrific increase of growth and overall plant health by foliar-spraying a solution 2 times a week right before/after lights out of (for 1 gallon)

2/3 gallon alfalfa sprout tea (see TM and Jeremy's recipes)​
1/3 gallon H20​
1/8 teaspoon Agsil solution​
1/4 teaspoon of hydrated kelp.​

I've been applying it to my flowering plants in the yard as well (A few rose varieties, sasanqua camellias, rhododendron, and a few others I don't know) and they are showing very very positive responses.

With the plants in the flower tent they will get this for two weeks. I'll post up some pictures later tonight of the results on some of the yard plants too, it's pretty incredible to see all the flowering plants praying noticeably in your yard as well as your tents :)

Jay Daga

Hi there,
I haven´t been here for a while now, looking good i must say!

If you´re using bamboo poles or some other organic (no metal) sticks to support the plants you might very easily test one strange thing at the same time. Takes just a little bit of effort to test it out:
Lakhovsky oscillator circuit.

Basicly, you put copper "coil" of just one round , around the plant´s stalk, attached to stick which you meant to use to support the plants. The plants should benefit from the antenna-effect of the coil (which collects ambient energy, all sorts of waves from the ether) and grow better. One friend tested this on some of his plants and was very suprised how much it actually had effect.

This is strange suggestion (strange in general but not from me) but there is valid and solid science behind it.
See; http://www.rexresearch.com/hhusb/hh5elc.htm <-at the first chapter you can read about this.... and if you continue... there´s whole lotta more info on other things as well.

Here´s pic of what i mean:
5683371_orig.jpg

6921280644_96ab81d962_n.jpg

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a product from the vegamatrix line you may want to test out, called prime zyme, and it converts dead root matter into plant and microbe food. This in combo with a natural root stimulant, and smart pots means massive root balls with out any rot or ill effects from drying root tips. Since it is veganic it makes a great additive for any organic system. The veganic hard and quick foliar spray is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.