What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hick in the sticks: a continuous tale of seed pop'n, pollen chuck'n,& bud grow'n!

hicksticky

Still at large...
I really enjoyed the Jihad parentage I had in a cut I first grew :D had a very incense floral flavor just very unique and delish!! I can still remember it.....

yum it does sound good, and I'm told it is up there in the THC count.
I'm making some F2's, now if I got it right that should open up to where I might be able to find each of the parents/ a pheno very close. But I like how these are coming along and wouldnt be disappointed either way :biggrin:

Update: the four b. hawaiian X nl/sk have popped out, and three Train Wreck's have cracked and in soil along with two Sugar Black Roses...............Fingers crossed I'd like to have a couple keepers.

I am still awaiting some to come in the mail from a contest. I have no idea what they are or how many, I do know they're from Med-man and BOG.............. safe to say there might be something good :woohoo:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hey Hick how's it growin? Lookin good.
Hey rinoman, I'm doing good ............. cant complain, no one will listen lol. :petting:
Hows the rhino's? ........ still got'em going? love to see'em I might have to hunt for another one................. any ones gear worth looking though?

Former Guest

I smoked myself into a coma on several occasions. called Purple Jihad and after talking to SG1, I'm pretty sure it is a cross of his dark jihad with something else. the colors at harvest were coral oranges, magentas and purples. I posted pics in the American growers club under my old name.

hicksticky

Still at large...
I smoked myself into a coma on several occasions. called Purple Jihad and after talking to SG1, I'm pretty sure it is a cross of his dark jihad with something else. the colors at harvest were coral oranges, magentas and purples. I posted pics in the American growers club under my old name.

coma? nice :biggrin:
this crossing (Khalisi) sounds similar, lots of color ranging from pink to purps are coming though along with the oranges/reds on 3 of the phenos I have. and dank.....man dont they smell good getting peppery, spices, fruity, grape, berries, floral's as they bulk up.

AGC huh yup i know it, do you have a name on it. strain or user? Wouldnt mind taken a peek lol

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Whats up Hick? Just thought I'd pop in here for a minute and have a look at your shop .LOL...An old crow flew by here earlier and told me you were about to become a pretty busy fella. Somethin like ...your weekend will be filled with decisions, and pondering. Weird stuff goin on in them there hills I reckon.:biggrin: Keep em frosty brother....and tend to them root temps. Old man winter is upon us.:tiphat:

hicksticky

Still at large...
LOL, yeah finaly fill my week end with something enjoyable haha....:biggrin:.
good ol' bird, flies strait and true......... great fella :smoke:

These Hills are getting cold....lol. I have been moving stuff around for veg, gotta say its been in my favor with flower.
Almost done with a raised floor in the "large" room, with the intakes running up through it. 2.5-3' slab under that. might have to run 2" insulation board between pot and raised floor.......

rhinoman 1

Yeah hick just ran some this spring . As far what others have to offer can't say the only thing that looks close to what I run is nirvana. To be honest white rhino wasn't that good when I bought seeds back when it won the cup. It took a lot of work to get it to match its description. But yeah as soon things get up and running ill post up some pics.

hicksticky

Still at large...
cool, people say that Nirvana is the place to look.

I ran one this summer (bag seed) so I dont know where it came from, but man I'm liking it more and more each time I get into the jar.......nice and smooth but rugged at the same time.

puff :smoker: puff :kos: white ash :smokeit:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Happy Friday Hick. Hows things goin on round your parts??? Snowing and cold here. I saw your comment on my homefront pic. I told ya I live in the sticks as well. Love it.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Happy Friday Hick. Hows things goin on round your parts??? Snowing and cold here. I saw your comment on my homefront pic. I told ya I live in the sticks as well. Love it.

Well its New England.......lol............so if ya dont like the weather wait 5 mins.
first this morning it was decent, brisk but decent, then wind, cold, sleet, hail, a lil snow and rain hahaha.

Things are looking great, very busy you know :biggrin: decisions, decisions and plenty choices :chin:

I got a feeling its gonna get dank up here in the sticks lol

the wife said, I was like a kid at Christmas then that kid went to the candy store...........this one, that one, ohh some of those, ya a bunch of these ect.....lol :tiphat:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Well its New England.......lol............so if ya dont like the weather wait 5 mins.
first this morning it was decent, brisk but decent, then wind, cold, sleet, hail, a lil snow and rain hahaha.

Things are looking great, very busy you know :biggrin: decisions, decisions and plenty choices :chin:

I got a feeling its gonna get dank up here in the sticks lol

the wife said, I was like a kid at Christmas then that kid went to the candy store...........this one, that one, ohh some of those, ya a bunch of these ect.....lol :tiphat:
Yeah Hick...you are already running some great looking gear. But now it sounds like you can expand a bit and have more to choose from. Variety is the spice of a cannabis tokers life.:dance013:

hicksticky

Still at large...
You 100% right Useful. Thanks bud!

Photo drop.
whAchAcAllIt, I tried of typing its name so its re-named B.S. Kush (bag seed) @ wk5 flower
bskush012_zps7d3f149e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Khalisi #1 @5wk flower
bskush026_zpsd5aa94e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Khalisi #2 I dubbed her: "Dragons frost" shes the stretchy one but frosts the most. Gonna run her again and see if I can get that stretch to work for me. @ wk#5 flower
bskush019_zps3e3bea6b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
bskush021_zps57eacad3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
bskush022_zps2a090cd8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hicksticky

Still at large...
more.....
Khalisi #2
bskush017_zps43fd7526.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
B.S. kush again..
bskush013_zpsebc5f4b2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Khalisi #1
bskush006_zpsbdf43264.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All the girls are doing great, drinking alot and producing resin in rather nice proportions.......sticky icky hick

Former Guest

what are you going to do differently to get the nodal spacing closer? scrogging would be good for her perhaps to cut down on height and open her up, plus you can get the light REALLY close. my 1000w is less than two ft from my canopy in the AC hoods. probably like 16-18 inches. they are growing really well and haven't even started "the stretch".

your girls look great! that Khalisi one is going to get even more frosty. can't wait to watch her! looks like I'm right in time too! :lurk:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Thank you LLB, well I have clone of all of them and am planing on running them in a larger setting. SCROG is an idea :biggrin: This round I have them in my lg. cab but I got antsy and lst them to even the conopy, but #2 didnt want to give in so she grew up pass the light for a bit. so next round I'll be letting half go el'natural and some maybe scrog or simular to see what she likes.... plus more light :laughing: well higher powered light, right now my cab is 100% CFL's and I was skeptic but they are rockin :sasmokin:
Time will only tell.

Former Guest

well ya had me fooled. those look good :) did you talk about how you built your light somewhere? i haven't read through all yer stuff. i wanted to veg under cfls cause I'm not about to buy the flouros pay for fancy bulbs and shit when my cfls do ok at home for quarantining the clones and for cuttings. i was always curious if i added more, what i could do to cut down a whole room or i could use that room entirely for STRAWBERRIES. i love strawberries and i could have other stuff like a grow bed of salad.....omg that would be nice. i could use my 400w for that for my 3x3 fabric bed so i could harvest food year round plus grow some pot.

hicksticky

Still at large...
no i never really covered the lights, i keep them simple and plentiful lol,
I'm running 20 (flower) @ 23watts/1600 lumens, veg @5500k. flower @2700k and 3500k.
I had reservations about them but proved great in veg and doing well in flower. I run them close (with in 6") I get all the stuff from the home depot, 4 pack of bulbs under 10$, Y's 2.50$. I make up four bulb lights with the Y's, always run them on the sides or at angle that Y's put them in. It is true they dont penetrate as well as the big guns but in a scrog/sog with even canopy there is little disadvantage just got to be pro-active with bulb placement.
There is a CFL Club thread here that is a great resource.
dont get me wrong I like MH/HPS and LED, but the space my cab provides wont allow it, plus I can govern my temps by the # of bulbs used. My personal mission is to produce some dank ass tight bud with cfls.......................stay tuned to see if I can do it LOL :tiphat:

hicksticky

Still at large...
So i like to say that, the ol' crow was right........ I had a busy weekend filled with tough decisions: what to pop next?
Well you might say whats the prob., well 15 to choice from and all equally nice........

As of right now I am going to pop:

4- White Lotus

4- Elephant Stompers

4- LUIxG13

to add to:

10- New York cookies x Freak

4- b. hawaiian x NL/skunk

2- Train Wreck

1-Sugar Black Rose

busy, busy, busy just the way I like it lol...............Thanks Ol' Crow :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts