What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All Natural [pedrero | br] organic garden

pedrero

Hi there,

I´ve been growing for several years and studing all type of material in the way, i run a journal in another great forum but i decided to start this thread and hope to always been learning something with this experience exchange.

I´m from Brazil so i apologize and ask patience with my poor english. I´ll do my best.

In the last year i started a TLO project but here in Brazil is very hard to find some materials, so we need to suit the situation. After a few tests and some experience in the run, i´m doing it in my own way, so you get the idea. I dont use any type of liquid fertilizer, a couple teas to re-inoculate the soil but essencially "just add water".

I cook the soil using TLO concepts and adding various diferent release time material. And i make my own erthworm castings recicling organic materials

Water quality is not a big issue here, but i really need to filter. Here a Reverse Osmosis unit is a lot expensive, so i decided to work on DIY using sand, activated charcoal and a type of resin that deionize (i dont know the word for this in english) and i got almost 0 TDS water with this filter:

Last edited:

pedrero

In the last runs i worked in a closet and got good results with various strains:

Humboldt Bubba Kush

Positronics Super Cheese Express (freebie)

pedrero

Nowdays i build a new grow space, there´s a lot of changes to be made in the project but well, i need to flower something between i can upgrade some things. It´s an underground place with some temporary structures, and i´m working on it. It´s a personal garden for my own consumption, so thats fine for my purpose.

I´m currently running a Goji OG (Bodhi) that was polinated these days by another Goji Male feno, a Jack Herer (Bud Depot) and 4 homegrown crosses, Grapefruit X NL and Super Skunk X WW (a very sativa feno)

GF X NL (above) and SSk X WW (below), both polinated by the Goji Male too, in the lower buds

I have a Blueberry Headband supposed to be feminized that showed to be a male. So i´m waiting for the polen release to polinate some other buds in this cicle. I pretend to cross with the Jack Herer and Skunks. In the left behind, the Goji OG and in the right side the Jack Herer. I´m giving a shot on flowering in 400w MH bulbs.

training and soil/mulch view

Hope you all enjoy, like said i´m here to exchange worldwide good experiences and talk about growing with you guys, that are reference to me in a lot of aspects about growing cannabis. Best regards!

pedrero

Hi mrs,
there are the actual scenario, about 15 days after showing pistils

Jack Herer

This a cross between Grapefruit X NL, first run of this seeds

Goji OG

Brother! This grow is amazing. I like your style! That's some real living organics you are running and I'm always impressed when someone puts in the time and effort to not bottle feed npk(which I'm sure we're all guilty of atleast once). I'm really interested in the pollination you're doing, and would love to see more on that! Can't wait to do it myself, but I'll need another little setup for that haha. Anyway man, good vibes right back at ya! :D

pedrero

hi season, glad to see you here man.
i have the same opinions about living org, i love this type of growing. After my first cycle in tlo i never reversed, there´s a lot of work to make the medium but no work til the end! It´s very interesting this life understanding.
man, i do grow with simple setup at all, i dont use another flower chamber to grow males. I just put the male in a window or something, the polen release is fast (~15 days) and i collect in any small plastic bag.
about that germany match, now we can put the holland match on the table too, that need to happen here man. The people feel humiliated with soccer and forget some things that are really humiliating, like education. That´s a talk to a tabern :friends:
thanks for the good talk man, and the good vibes!

Mannnn...what you said about soccer and education is spot on. Atleast it's only once every four years though man..in America our people forget about everything important everytime the NFL season comes around, and if it's not the season then there are people on TV talking about how it is going to be. It's sad man...but Yeah don't wanna fill your thread with our world views haha! That sounds like some fun experimenting with the males! I'm gonna pop some beans prolly next round to play with. And I totally agree with you on organics bro, watching my roots grow through the clear cups, and seeing everything right before your eyes in a supernatural environment is incredible! Just being so close with life...can't wait to see where you take it man!

pedrero

ill be pulling up a seat for this one :lurk:
thanks for coming and for the support bro!
Boa pedrero! , os buds estão lindos!!! ta tudo redondinho!!!! parabéns!
grande crazy, valeu essa força irmão. Não resisti e abri aqui tmb, to trocando várias idéias bacanas aqui, minha cabeça tá até meio zonza com esse inglês todo kk

Mannnn...what you said about soccer and education is spot on. Atleast it's only once every four years though man..in America our people forget about everything important everytime the NFL season comes around, and if it's not the season then there are people on TV talking about how it is going to be. It's sad man...but Yeah don't wanna fill your thread with our world views haha! That sounds like some fun experimenting with the males! I'm gonna pop some beans prolly next round to play with. And I totally agree with you on organics bro, watching my roots grow through the clear cups, and seeing everything right before your eyes in a supernatural environment is incredible! Just being so close with life...can't wait to see where you take it man!

the approach is the same here, we have a lot of regional championchips and a full anual soccer schedule. I love soccer and i was twisting a lot, but my feeling is the same as yours. Brazil wouldn´t need to be so poor and with this freaking bad education, but you know.. there´s working for some %$#@¨%$
by the way, i think the polinization worked, i may be precipitading (<-this is correct? :dunno:) but all the polinated buds are turning pistils to brown. I could not resist so i used both males (blueberry headband and goji) in almost all plants (just one or two lower buds, i need a refil in my pots!). A future selection of moms and dads will be a fun thing to make.
Man this Goji feno is getting awesome. A lot of sweet berry smells and the most resinous till now. I´m glad to have some clones and to find a good goji male.
thanks for the good talking bro!

pedrero

Hi friends

41 days on 12/12, nothing really special between these days. Just water to all the cycle and the soil mix is doing all the job. Its my first run with MH, i´m liking the results but there´s some issues that´s not optimal in the formation, I´m really thinking about spectrum mix to the future.

gallery_79524_10937_34528.jpg

Jack Herer
gallery_79524_10937_58461.jpg

Jack Herer X Blueberry Headband formation
gallery_79524_10937_96221.jpg

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grapefruit buds look taaaasty as all hell.

The room looks nice and clean, and I freakin' love that DIY RO filter.

Cardboard box is for light sealing on outtake?

pedrero

That Goji OG looks absolutely beautiful! Looks like a strain id like to try! Looking good bro!
hi season, i´m loving this strain. I didn´t somoke at all, but if the smoke is good as the smells, i´m really enjoying to grow it!
thanks for coming bro!

Grapefruit buds look taaaasty as all hell.

The room looks nice and clean, and I freakin' love that DIY RO filter.

Cardboard box is for light sealing on outtake?
Hi bro, there´s 2 grape crosses, 1 of them (in the picture) is really a grapefruit (mother) smell but the other has more NL (father) characteristics (good aromas as well). Maybe some distant blood relationship, but certainly from NL
This filter is really a cheap alternative and is working almost a year without big maintenance, is working very good to my porpoise!
The cardbox is envolving the extraction fan, there´s a vortex 5" similar (made here) one, very powerfull but with some working noise, so i applied some acoustic foam in the cardbox and it helps to reduce noise. But not really a magic, i have to do a lot of changes in this growroom, is the first emergency run in this space, lot of work to do! I´m reading a lot bout vert, serious thinking about it..
thanks for coming man, best vibes!

pedrero

Hi there,

no big surprises, the flowers are entering in the final weeks. Only the Jack Herer that is more haze pheno will take a couple weeks more.
This pheno is showing some NKP def, so i´ll problably make an autumn tea to give her some energy to mature the buds. The other plants will finish this cycle with just water.

Jack

top and blueberry polinization detail

grapefruit X NL, orange hairs and smells

Latest posts

Latest posts