What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potent, Mold resistant strain for Northern growers?

crfhonda

I am looking for some good info on some suggestions for next year. A high yielding plant would be preferred. I grew Easy Sativa this year and I was very happy with the strain. I just want something that is a bit more potent. I can let plants go until the end of September. Usually we do get a pretty rainy last couple weeks of September. If you guys have any suggestions and pictures of strains please share. I already have looked through the outdoor strain guide so please don't suggest I look in there. I am just wondering what else is out there, I know every strain is not in the strain guide. Many thanks in advance!!!

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Next outdoor season I am going to try Ace Seeds Banghai Haze and Nepalese Jam both of which were recommended by Dubi (on this forum) for cold damp climates and mold resistant. The catalog says they are Sativa but shorter height and finish by late September or early October. I don't know about the yield or potency yet. The growing season here is over usually the 1st week in October and this year we had several downpours at finish time.

crfhonda

That is very similar to what my fall conditions are every year. I appreciate the response! Anyone else have any ideas?

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next outdoor season I am going to try Ace Seeds Banghai Haze and Nepalese Jam both of which were recommended by Dubi (on this forum) for cold damp climates and mold resistant. The catalog says they are Sativa but shorter height and finish by late September or early October. I don't know about the yield or potency yet. The growing season here is over usually the 1st week in October and this year we had several downpours at finish time.

Great choices!

R.Fortune

moondawg

cfr, whats you lattitude? There's a huge diffence in strains that will do well at 40 but not many at 50 n.\\\\

But generally, after growing many many strains, Dinafems Blue Widow is the fastest finishing, earliest finishing, biggest and most potent plant ive grown in 16 yrs of buying outdoor seeds.

Grows to 10'. Yields 1-2lbs and is finished in all of her fruity goodness by sept 20. ....and with potency thats acceptable. I grow it for commerical reasons because its yeilds so big so fast and the patients beat my door down for it.

crfhonda

Im at 41 latitude. Do you have any pics by any chance? I have been looking at Dinafem, but they are so freaking expensive. Were yours from clone or seed?

Check out Smoke A Lot seeds - Specifically: Guerrilla Gold and Freezeland. Both are very mold resistant. Both have Sat phenos and Indica phenos. Boht have good to great potency. Both finish fast, and do well even further North than your lat. I have grown both @ 43N. Check out Guerrilla Greens' thread. Don't have a link... but search for "Guerrilla Gold".

Hope you find what you're after!
Bw

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I'm at 47*N but I can let plants out until mid October but in some years, with a little luck and a mold rezistant sativa dominant strain I'm sure some can go until the end of October.
For early finishing potent strains I suggest you to go to "Hybrids from Hell" forum section and ask Esbe, I'm sure he'll find a couple of strains perfect for your climate.
Good luck !
Peace, HJ.

ddt

Check darwin seeds offer. I think Auto Lhotse is a great choice. Very potent and early.
Night Hail ultra is lil bit later but damn probably the most potent and best all in all for outdoor around 50north and less.

moondawg

Im at 41 latitude. Do you have any pics by any chance? I have been looking at Dinafem, but they are so freaking expensive. Were yours from clone or seed?

Ive got a few pics on one of these camera's. Ill see if i can figure out the upload stuff.

No, there not expensive. 60$ =5 fems = 4lbs(or more) of good quality smoke. Each seed is really worth about 2 grand. The strain has a level of potency far beyond that of Guerilla gold crosses or those developed for far nothern reaches. Although Biddy Early is a very good strain for your lat but she's not a big yeilder. Just sweet.

hugo23

suggestions

suggestions

I'm at 49N and had good results with;
- Erdpurt (very mold resistent, dense and aromatic buds, purple)
- Bushmans (Ciskei) very strong high for outdoor! uplifting and sometimes psychedelic, pure sativa. good yields, some phenos have dense buds. first choice strain if you love sativas.
- Erdbeer and Erdbeer Crosses. get the original clone if you have a source. My favourite is Erdbeer x Deep Chunk.
- FMS Bubble Gummer. high yielding and euphoric indica.
finishes here at end of sep. had good results in '10 and '11.

general i can recommend strains from HFH and afghani-based strains for high yield and adaptation to northern climates.

THC123

Veteran
frisian dew, guerillia gold

2 strains i often grew outdoors with great succes mold and potency wise

i live between france and holland

crfhonda

I have heard that Maroc molds very very easy. I usually get rain around september 15-30. I am looking for a strain that will finish by the middle of september.

Manivelle

Veteran
it work good in belgium . a rainy country. but it's an early flowering strain.
there is a lot of "maroc" the one i talk is early maroc.

they could be ripped (overipped) end of september)

the canadian and danish strains are fast too and you'll never have mould problem with them .
give them a try ;)

crfhonda

Ive got a few pics on one of these camera's. Ill see if i can figure out the upload stuff.

No, there not expensive. 60$ =5 fems = 4lbs(or more) of good quality smoke. Each seed is really worth about 2 grand. The strain has a level of potency far beyond that of Guerilla gold crosses or those developed for far nothern reaches. Although Biddy Early is a very good strain for your lat but she's not a big yeilder. Just sweet.

so how is the mold resistance on the Blue widow? I just picked some up so I can get ready for next season. Any luck on those pictures by any chance?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Def check out Hybrids from Hell gear, they got stuff designed specifically to this type of climate. I grew Deep passion last year and one of the phenos was very potent, check out my thread for info. This year I'll be growing mostly their stuff and the CJ x SB.

Erdpurt is pretty good but lack potency IMO.

Casey Jones x Sour bubble, you might still be able to pick some off seedbay, was pretty good and finished with minimum mold on it.