What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GROW CONTEST WINNER: 30 Sour Bubble Trees, 20 Gallon Smartpots, 10K Sealed!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Virgin- most will tell you just pay your bill on time. My old house was 700 square feet (not including basement) and I used about 6 houselholds woth of power for 4+ years. Never a problem. I payed about 1050 this month and that was for a 6k run in this setup. Now I plugged in 4 more lights which will require more AC which will have it go up even more. It's not a problem, just pay on time. This setup has its own meter and bill seperate from my house which I really like. Overall this month the power company got 1350 from me and that is due to go up, I am a great customer :)

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
OUTSTANDING bro, really interesting project that ill be watching fo sure..
plants look so healthy green fabolous...thanks for share the high class!!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AC is back on! Fuck that literally about killed me from high blood pressure and stress. Of course we had to have a couple 88F days to go along with it. The barn would have stayed pretty cool if it wasn't for the dehueys working.

The damage:

-One small 3gallon jedi kush lost about all her tops, right after exploding into flower :( It looks light grey/brown/wilty. I think the high humidity when it first went down did this.

-Out of the 28 bubbles, only two of them had a top or to lightly damaged the same way, they are pretty hardy and pulled through pretty good. They missed their hps though thats for sure. All the tops grew but had really yellow centers from lack of light for photosynthesis.

I got the fan this Tuesday morning. Excel was contacted Friday afternoon so theyg ot it out pretty fast. I know where it came from and by who so they must have expedidted the shipping for me, I offered to pay whatever it takes to get it here asap. So thanks Excel, love their customer service itis a son and father and they haven't let me down yet. I paid zero dollars out of pocket for the whole ordeal, electrician, hvac tech, new part + shipping, and new transformer all free. I had to wait until lights on tonight, 10pm, to install the fan.

I had to go about doing it myself., hvac is busy on a big job. It didn't take me long and she clicked on right away, it was a moment of truth. Had another part been broke I probabaly would be on the ground flailing my arms kicking my feet and screaming.

So I lost 5 days of stretch, it sucks, but the show will go on. The girls don't look bad at all, the next few days I should see some major improvements. I did have two flowering plants finishing in the side lighting, an ecsd and a fuckem chemD. Today is day 84. They didn't fare so well in the heat and humidity. I should have just harvested them but they were a little behind in maturity. Hopefully they stank back up, or I lost some money which is the worse part about the whole or deal I guess. They are salvageable but the price will be going down.

Lets hope the rest of the round goes smoothly! Everything was good on my part the transformer just failed me hard. I am still shakin up, I am so glad it happened when it did rather then them go 1.5 days in high humidity while I was out of town. Sometimes things seem to happen for a reason, I will take the punch and roll on. Another positive note, with the room down I was able to get the pool going :)

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I'm happy to hear you got the problem taken care of. I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out. That's cool it didn't cost you anything out of pocket to get it fixed.

Got the pool together in time for the Memorial weekend. :tiphat:

Well GL with everything hope you suffered minimal damages...

joedogsong

Reps to ya Pureknowledge. Ya kept it together and dealt with it with. Thankfully you were dealing with the majority of the plants being such hearty genetics as sour bubble. Which I personally find being quite forgiving.
There are quite a few strains that would've broken your heart under the same circumstances.
I like bogs gear...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a sour bubble plant and I tried to take a clone but it was late in flowering and it didnt make it, then I tried to reveg but I was too greedy in harvest, she popped some big banana leaves like she was gonna pull through and re veg then one day I came home and she was drooped dead :/

Love sour bubble and BOG, I am praying to get some seeds soon I see they just got re-re leased, hope I can get the cash in time :/

Anyway your set up looks amazing! I'll hang around for this one and hope to learn some things about my fav plant that I ruined my stock of. Good luck!

Hey PK great to see another grow log by you (i have read all your others), hope all your troubles subside!

do you still grow your grape bogbubble and strawberry kush plants? new growroom looks great.

Wolverine97

Veteran
Yeah, this heat here is testing my AC mightily. I'm having to keep the dehuey on 4 on/4 off schedule to keep temps low 80's @ canopy. The mitten is heating up...

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FUCKING EXCELLENCE! this is the first time i have actually seen plants in your new room PK! i am glad that you are rocking it out! i would LOVE to have me a cut of that sour bubs! i will be watching for sure! any updated pics?!?!?

:lurk:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all sorry for not responding individually, just wanted to give a quick update. The girls are recovering nicely. The centers were very light colored from the lack of light and when the 10K came back on it of course burnt the tops up a bit from the light change. I just plowed through knowing they would adjust. It looks as if my stretch won't be as gnarly, which doesn't say much for Sour Bubble lol. Also it looks as if really it stunted them for a few days if anything which I am fine with. I would rather add a few days to my flower time rather then flower and have a sub par nug formation.

Lesson learned though. Next time I identify the bad part I need to find the nearest shop that has the part wether it be 5 hours away or 20 hours away and drive there to get it, no more waiting for shipping. Find part, drive to part, install part. All in all everyone was fast but 5 days is to long. The shop it came from got the order Friday near close of business, shipped Monday, it arrived Tuesday. Next time I will drive and have it in 3 days faster.

That transofrmer that screwed me was JUNK. I so called it months before I ever put anything in there. It just looked like a hoopty. On my 14" max fan I have a furnance filter that sticks to the fan from the negative pressure. A few times a day you would have to push it back up, it would fall a little. It never fell off, but it moved. This happened whenever the AC drew it's intial inrush of amperage, 105 amps, to kick the condensor motor on. Huge power lag, lights would blink. Just like when your central air comes on at home. Well with the new transofrmer you don't even notice the AC coming on, and the filter hasn't budged!

I just got my breeding chamber up and going again. I have 5 new sour bubble seedlings in there from BOG's first release when he came back. The same release I found my keeper in, every female in the pack was unique and badass. I have ran the new bx4 and I didn't find any of the 4 phenos I found in the first pack. The first pack imo was wayyy better. So I am glad i was gifted these seeds back. I have 5 seedlings and they will also be joined by my keeper sour B. Hoping for as many males as I can get, I plant to make a shit ton of f2's of that particular release so I have a huge supply. This will make it about 30 sour bubble seedlings I have grown out now.

On the sideline I have some thick nasty collidal silver being sprayed on an ecsd and a deathstar. Both of their pollen will be put on to their own dedicated sour bubble keeper. I am already working an ecsd x Sour Bubble bx4 cross where I have found some cool phenos, but also found some imo utter dankness. The feminized version to my keepr sour bubble I hope will help guide me in my female male cross of the two. Plus who knows maybe something badass will come of it :) The deathbubble (deathstar x sour bubble) feminized should be insane, this is what I am looking most forward to. I have been smoking the Jedi Kush, which is deathstar x sfvogk and it is to die for. I think the deathstar breeds out nicely from the phenos I seen of the Jedi. I am running 4 Jedi Kush f2's made with a keeper female of the strain. I also have a sour bubble clone ready to accept any pollen I get form the f2's, Sour Jedi. Lots of pollen chucking projects to be going down soon :) When I clean house of what I have going now I am going to build my flip/flop and speed up the process and really dive into this seed stash I have.

Anyways everything is recovered with nice green growth, some ugly leaves here and there from the mishap but overall it could be ALOT worse. Soon they will be flowering nicely and require some defoilation, these fan leaves get out of control. I will get some shots up when things get interesting.

Last edited:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Good to hear brother. Had my own little shit happen in my room, so I feel your pain.

Really are an inspiration. My whole room was thrown together without much planning, and seeing you bring this into fruition made me start redesigning. Hopefully will have a new spot by the end of the summer.

You need to send some of those beans to the server fund homey, gotta get my hands on some of that!

Keep it green PK.

aod

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Respect! Which ones do you have? The #14 or #22 male or both? Pop them beast! I have 5 ecsb seedlings going from the same dad, #14. I am looking for some more interesting females to add to the f2 pool. I do favor the #14 male but the 22 is untested as far as being flowered. My buddy is running the #22 stock and I see a plant in his vegging plants that looks dead on like my keeper girl. He could turn out to be alot better never know, proof will be in the pudding.

Here is my clone from the first 12 ecsb #14male I ran. She out yielded everything in the room, which was 9 other strains. 11oz on a 10 gallon pot. She is ecsd dominant, nice veg, bushy growth, huge stretch, floppy but much harder stems from the sour bubble. She needed support. She had very dense nugs, and they went all the way down the plant just like a bubble. Took her to 75 days. Very rank, she is burn your nose hairs sour, very tasty, it translates well, and the potentcy is good. I will have lab results soon of her and my sour bubble. It wasn't a perfect run by any means and it was my first time running her from clone but I am loving the smoke.

East Coast Sour Bubble F1:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

THCello

Amazing grow, love how clean it all is.
Not hoping to join the 10kw crew or anything,
but certainly love growing trees.
Best of luck.

Also, just in case you were doing this backwards,
crosses are;