What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400 watt club...

Tunefull

hello hell9

Cheers m8,Funnily enough i aint managed to fill the space as good as i did with that first grow(on 3rd grow now)It is hard to get the timeing right so u have clones veg before the 2 months are up for the flowering plants(i am having trouble with cloneing(only a 50% succes rate at mo(and they take to long to root)
I have a thread in the intrudce yourself section of the forums,And i go into detail of my clone woes(Pop in htere if u have somit to offer in ways of advice)

Mmm back to your questions
All three plants went under the the lights the same time
And i Vegged for 5 weeks(could not wait anylonger)*smileS*

AS for weight
The two afghani's weighed exactly the same(think pure luck)And each plant gave me 58 grams

And the NL yeilded a whopping 2.5 OZ(will find a pic of the NL before i chopped it)

I weighed them dry(did not bother wet(fools gold))

I aint weighed any of my grows since,They aint looked like anything near the same yeild as i done the first time(Tho after the first grow the other grows i was Out of gear so had to take some colas off the plants as i was going(not ideal and wont do that again(come harvest day it is a poor day(cos u have smoked half(And its a shit smoke when not done)))
But i am sure i aint the only person to do that at least once in there grower lifetime*smielS*

I did not top/FIM
I did however LST(and i really enjoyed it)Was so enjoyable getting my fingers into the branchs and moving them around,I did not really know what i was doing,But i did Make sure to keep my MAIN growth tip taller than any of the other shoots(i had read that if another shoot grew taller than your original main cola.It then turns into your main cola(if u get me))

And thats about it*smileS*

Btw
I heard a while back(i am from OG orgininaly)But i remeber reading on there,That the term"FIM"Is so called because the guy who first done(at the time)Said FUck i Missed....Any truth in this m8?(i roughly rremember reading that(but it could of just been a in joke i was not aware of between certain posters))

Lol anyway i have typed to much(Somit i never mean to do,But then when i look up there it is,Loads of spam!!!

Last edited:

Tunefull

Ahh hello JJScorpio

You are among one of the many names i recognise from OG on here..Good to see u m8

Lovely pics aswell

Hell9

Tunefull said:
hello hell9

Lol anyway i have typed to much(Somit i never mean to do,But then when i look up there it is,Loads of spam!!!

Dont worry about it, i tend to waffle when stoned and speed typing ( =

I havent been at this long myself, less than a year, so i have alot to learn myself. Actually, i feel like ive just started in the last month cuz until then i had bad ventilation in my flowering room. But, because i have a separtate (but small) area to veg plants it means i have harvested a 3 or 4 times so have got the hang of germing/caring for seedlings, transplanting etc in that time.

Ive just started to get into cloning, well experimenting really. You can see the excellent branching in your plants because they came from clones and were LST'd so well. Thats where the yield comes from really. Any plants i have grown out have only been veg'd for about 6 weeks from seed, so yields havent been mind blowing, but thats what im focusing on now. That, and getting a good soil mix together. What soil/ferts did/do u use?

Tunefull

I wont tell if u dont JJScorpio*smileS*

And Hell9
Only the NL was a clone,The other two(afghani's)Were from seed,They were seedlings going in(a few days old)And the ribcage pic is of one of the afghani's
Again i was lucky here Coz both the seeds turned out to be females(Damn was i chuffed)*grins*

Mmm as for soil/ferts

I deliberatly used Cheapo soil from a cheapo shop.And the feed i used was basic tomotoe feed....I done this so if i ever decided to better better soil/nuets i would have somit to compare it with(i dont think there is much diff in the soils/ferts tbh(folk just cashing in by haveing ganja leave on the side))
That said i bet there are some which are good(i aint knocking them all)

What sort of strains have u tried growing so far?(i think strains have more of a impact on yeild than what u give them(soil/feeds so on)

I cant wait to start trying some diff seeds(when i have cash to buy some)

bostrom155 nice pic m8
Seeing these now i am deff going to get some pics of my currant grow tommorow

Hell9

Tunefull said:
I wont tell if u dont JJScorpio*smileS*

And Hell9
Only the NL was a clone,The other two(afghani's)Were from seed,They were seedlings going in(a few days old)And the ribcage pic is of one of the afghani's
Again i was lucky here Coz both the seeds turned out to be females(Damn was i chuffed)*grins*

Mmm as for soil/ferts

I deliberatly used Cheapo soil from a cheapo shop.And the feed i used was basic tomotoe feed....I done this so if i ever decided to better better soil/nuets i would have somit to compare it with(i dont think there is much diff
in the soils/ferts tbh(folk just cashing in by haveing ganja leave on the side))
That said i bet there are some which are good(i aint knocking them all)

What sort of strains have u tried growing so far?(i think strains have more of a impact on yeild than what u give them(soil/feeds so on)

So far i have grown Nirvana B52 and Chronic from Serious Seeds, but they were in the days when my temps were waaay out of control and even after 9-10 weeks the plants were really finishing properly due to the high temps. In the last 3 weeks i have put in a 5" fan with an aircooled hood so temps are now between 75-80 and all is well. The plants in the pics are Shit from Mr.Nice. 2 seeds came up as twins, 4 females. I have another regular Shit female, and her cola is about the same size as the two colas on the 2 twins, so it seems to have worked out the same. Maybe if i had the twins in bigger pots... The 2nd pic is the regular Shit girl. She has about 2 or 3 weeks left. In the other pic u can see the twins and a small Chronic plant that was a clone with a very brief veg time.

Theres a Hindu Kush girl at the back there too but u cant see it. I vegged it longer than i have vegged any other plant, about 8 weeks. Did some mild LST and supercropping on her and she has been flowering for about 10 days now, so im looking forward to seeing how she gets on.

I think you're right about ferts for cannabis and it being a bit OTT. I use biobizz stuff at the moment, but im going to start doing an organic soil mix that hopefully wont need much supplements until late flowering, and then i'll prob use Advanced Nutrients stuff.

Have 20 fem'd seeds from Greenhouse Seeds called 'The Doctor', so looking forward to sprouting them.

Tunefull

Ahh hindu kush was one of the plants i wanter to grow next(and there is a master kush?)
I just like the sound of the names(i have heard that the Kush's are really really stinky while there growing(any thoughts on that?))

I will have to wait till next week before i can take some pics,I forgot was a bank holiday and my kids have been off school(Meaning i cant get my plants out tilll there back in school(next week)

Tunefull

Ahh could not wait
I stealthed into my grow...Only prob is the lights were on(and i rather my pics done away from my lights)

Anyway a couple of pics

Mmm there all NL,I only have three in there
1 is 5 weeks now
And the other two are 2 weeks(just finishing there stretch i guess)

Hey fellas. I've just got my 400 hanging in the closet now, not the most efficient setup, but its growin my ladies for the time being. I've got the day off so I'll be heading to the store to buy the materials I need to build my new cab to take care of light leak and smell issues with the grow. The cab will be big enough for all my stuff (light, pots, plants, etc) but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to cool this new setup.
I'm running a 400w in a 60x36x28 inch cab, giving me 34.5 cubic feet. Right now I have a 4" vortex inline rated at 172 cfm that I was hopeing I would be able to use with this setup. That should be able to completely change out all the air in the cab about 5 times per min.
Today is day one of flower on my seventh indoor grow so I've got a pretty good grip on the general growing process, but all the previous grows have been done under a 150w HPS in a 2x1x3 ft micro cab. I'm just worried that the larger amount of light is gonna give me some problems that I would like to kill before they ever get a chance to mess with my grow. Thanks for any ideas or input in general.

G

Nomoreschwag, 400W hps don't throw much more heat then a 250W. As long as you keep a fan either ducting your light or a least a rotating fan that blows on bulb then no prob with 172cf fan for exhaust, but you have got to get an intake twice as big. This fresh air is very important for dense buds. good luck with your new cab.

Stoned Silly -
Thanks for the advice. When you say that I'll need an intake twice as big are you talking about some kind of forced intake? All my other grows I have used a passive intake and it has worked well, but again I was using 250w less...

G

I dont grow in a cab. but in my room my intake fan puts twice the air in as my exhaust takes out. I do this so no need for co2 as fresh air is your friend... My 1st grow I had no idea on air intake to out and my buds stayed smaller and less dense as I use the same 172cfm or so fans for both in & out.I got good bud and would have thought I did good if not pointed in the right dirrection by a friend( prays with him RIP) Anyway more fresh air = better buds here take a look

:joint: :wave:

Safari

Good to see a 400 watt club. I have a 400watt MH which is currently almost 2 weeks into flowering. I actually sexed all the plants last night and eliminated the males. Tonight I will be transplanting them into 2 gal containers. On my first grow, this is my second, I only ended up flowering 4 plants, which was a total waste of space and my 400. So this time I vowed to fill the space. After sexing I am left with 16 females and one mutant that won't show sex in my 3' x 3' space

What is the most plants anyone has flowered under a 400?????

Here is what's in my box

Blue Apollo - Joey Weed
White Rhino - Nirvana
Papaya - Nirvana
Northern Lights - Nirvana
Hashberry - Mandala

bostrom155

Thanks Tunefull, here is a newer pic, playing around with the idea of putting my 150's in too, I put one in on the top right

Cali-O about 2 more weeks

Space Queen F2 about 30 days(I pollanated the back left bud with the male for more seeds.)

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Nice color on those, that will be some sweet smoking.
If you guys keep this up I might give in and post my beauties, 30 days into flowering and looking sexy.
:smoke: