What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flash seeds any good?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I just received 8 Chaze Super auto and 2 Asian Dream Super auto seeds.
These will be started inside during the last half of April along with several other strains of auto flowering plants.
Gardening at 65 degrees north, this was tried last summer but got rained out. This year a tunnel style green house is being erected to keep the wet off. Open for the lower three feet it should remain cool if it does not rain. Unstable weather can go either way.

The Bubble Hash Super auto yielded a half pound indoors so I am hopeful on the Chaze. Look for updated thread in July.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Never heard of em until recently. I've never grow autos either, just want to try them out and have some fun. In particular, I was looking at the Purple Mazar, anyone grow it?
They are very good and I have grown many of their super autoflowering strains.

What I like about them too is that they like the same highs I do - very heavily sativa rather than indica.

Also, super autoflowering plants are not your usual autoflowering plants. You can prune them and root the cuttings, and even transplant them if you want to.

Personally I like to start them off in the same pot they'll finish in, with a water reservoir (hat tip to The Rev's book). Top it off with mulch (wood chips, or cannabis bedding from a pet store), and the roots can breathe while the top of the soil will retain moisture. (Very important for root health and functioning.)

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried some of Flash superautos and got pretty good results.
Chaze, Muay Thai and Super Cali Haze(sold as Short Stuff SCH) were very good, Chaze almost too potent for my taste. MuayThai is 100% heady/racy/focused mixed effects which I like very much.
The Purple Mazar is one of his older autos along Kush Von Stitch which are very good esp KVS was praised a lot in the past.

Good autoflowers for outdoors?
Hard to advice as is very depending on setup and skill, I tried some DutchPassion Think Different and was not impressed, too few bud and not potent at all(and they went for 100 days). The AutoXtreme was way better outdoors and I liked it while it lasted. From DP I'd try only AutoUltimate for OD.
This season I'll grow LaBuenaHierba's auto haze and a semi-auto strain of his. Just soaking atm:)
and how what your testing on the LBH strains bro?
please share here

Koondense

Veteran
Hey LBH, yes here are some nice pics of your plants.
These were grown in guerrilla environment two seasons ago, the semi-auto tester seeds#6.
From my experience these had the best mold resistence than any other variety I grown, so I would recommend them for any guerrilla grower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers

Gelado`

Veteran
Grew Flash Jet-47 several years ago; my first indoor grew. I screwed up the grow in lots of ways, but ended up with seriously potent smoke that was crippling! Serious AK-47 in the mix, so you know it's no joke! The most potent pot I've ever smoked has been Serious AK-47 and Kali Mist. I would really like to grow both and I think I will in the future!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grew Flash Jet-47 several years ago; my first indoor grew. I screwed up the grow in lots of ways, but ended up with seriously potent smoke that was crippling! Serious AK-47 in the mix, so you know it's no joke! The most potent pot I've ever smoked has been Serious AK-47 and Kali Mist. I would really like to grow both and I think I will in the future!
Yep, Flash is a good seed source for autos.

Koondense

Veteran
La Buena Hierba has mostly regular seeds too, the only trouble is you can't find them in shops, only privately or on SeedBay.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
+1

Also one of the few selling regular seeds (which is a big plus to me).

Peace

=K

We do that as well (regular seeds).

Can't go wrong with Flash/Short Stuff....same breeder unless they changed in the last few years.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
4 each Super Auto Chaze have sprouted as well as a Super Auto Asian Dream.

A total of 13 autos are going into a tunnel greenhouse next month. I had good luck with Auto Euforia so I included some of them with the super's.

Natural light at 21/3 at the end of June, 18/6 by the end of July. With the tunnel keeping the rain off (just in case) the harvest should be better than last year's failure.

Harvest time will get a thread, good or bad. Ten of the plants are from Flash Seeds.

squatty

Nice! Good luck on the grows.

I've grown a couple of Flash seeds superautos and a few of his older autos as well. Have had some hermie issues on some strains and a couple packs that were just not very vigorous plants (none of the problems were with the superautos). The superautos I grew went 200 days to harvest. This may be because I have streetlights shining on my plants all night.

Flash seeds released a few new superautos this year and some new auto strains that come in regular seed. I picked up a few of these to try in the future. This year I'm growing Muay Thai and Dr. Shiva. Fun, fun, fun!

Koondense

Veteran
Great to hear Phaeton!
I'd like to follow this grow if possible, will you make a journal maybe? This is gonna be an adventure :)
Wishing you best of luck, especially with the weather!

P.S.
I was very tempted to make a proper outdoor grow this season, having few Chaze, Copacabana and MuayThai superauto seeds left, but there are other priorities so the big grow is off.
I just put a couple of LaBuenaHierba's JackBerry Haze seeds in water for whatever chance they'll get. Maybe a guerrilla grow in the alps or some other more accessible place. Or maybe I'll just donate them to friends.

Cheers

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Great to hear Phaeton!
I'd like to follow this grow if possible, will you make a journal maybe? This is gonna be an adventure :)
Wishing you best of luck, especially with the weather!

P.S.
I was very tempted to make a proper outdoor grow this season, having few Chaze, Copacabana and MuayThai superauto seeds left, but there are other priorities so the big grow is off.
I just put a couple of LaBuenaHierba's JackBerry Haze seeds in water for whatever chance they'll get. Maybe a guerrilla grow in the alps or some other more accessible place. Or maybe I'll just donate them to friends.

Cheers

The weather, well, the weather is not cooperating, for every five days of clouds and rain there is one mostly sunny day. This is what killed all the plants last year, I think it might be the new pattern that was predicted in the late 1990's.

The overall shot has one waterlogged plant on the left that was me overwatering after that week's sunny day broke 110 degrees in the
top of the tunnel, 103 F at the sensor in the leaves.
All the other visible plants are Super Auto Chaze and are growing well, four in 17 gallon containers and four in 4 gallon containers. It was a 4 gallon container that got 2 gallons of water meant for a larger tub.

Planted on May 7, the plants are about fifty days old. I chose a nice one and zoomed in from a photo of the whole plant to a photo of the top. Not a top bud yet which kinda surprised me. Regular autos show bud the first month. I hope this means they are building up to super and are not misnamed semi's.

Attachments

• Plants on the left caught the brunt of 103 degree heat then got overwatered.jpg
    Plants on the left caught the brunt of 103 degree heat then got overwatered.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 65
  • Auto at 50, full size.jpg
    Auto at 50, full size.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Auto at 50, zoom 1.jpg
    Auto at 50, zoom 1.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Auto at 50, zoom 2.jpg
    Auto at 50, zoom 2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Auto at 50, zoom 3.jpg
    Auto at 50, zoom 3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 65

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I will do two posts in a row as this concerns an update on flash seeds.

Two Super Auto Asian Dream did not germinate. Two of ten Super Auto Chaze did not Germinate.

Two of the eight Super auto Chaze are 4" dwarf plants at 70 days old. Photos enclosed.
Two of the remaining six are in five gallon containers and have severe fan leaf yellowing and drying, Photo enclosed.
The last four are in seventeen gallon containers and are, 'green and gold and glorious, to brighten up my day' so to speak. Photo enclosed.

With the super autos it is consistent that the smaller five gallon containers all have similar yellowing while the seventeen gallon containers do not.

An Auto Euforia from Dutch passion does not have this problem with the smaller container. but is is a whole different species almost when compared the to super autos. It is still yellowing up more than the Super Autos in the large containers but is a long way from drying up and getting brittle. Another photo.

Attachments

• Wonderfullest plant.jpg
    Wonderfullest plant.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 70 days and four inches, showing a bud.jpg
    70 days and four inches, showing a bud.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Worst plant.jpg
    Worst plant.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Whole plant view of Auto Euforia in a five gallon container.jpg
    Whole plant view of Auto Euforia in a five gallon container.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 70 days old nestled in the grass.jpg
    70 days old nestled in the grass.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 54

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Looks like the Flash Seeds website was hacked and they're not showing up in google searches, except with the text (if you google: flash seeds):

Flash Seeds
flashseeds.com/
No information is available for this page.
Learn why

If you click on Learn why, then under "How To Fix It" click on "I don't own this page", it says:

How to fix it

The page owner blocked this page from Google in a suboptimal way, so we couldn't create a good page description. If you know the site owners, let them know that "robots.txt is blocking Google and can't create a site description in search results".
Does anyone know anything else about what is going on with Flash Seeds? I hope they're ok.

Koondense

Veteran
Who knows, last time i heard from Stitch was three/four years ago when i tested the new superautos.
Heb didnt have a website back then but was in process of having one.
Flash seeds can be found via seedbanks.

Cheers

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
There seems to have been a change in the law in Spain. Maybe that has something to do with the disappearance of the Flashseeds website?

(SENSISEEDS) The New Decisions of the Constitutional Court: The End of Cannabis Tolerance in Spain

Google: The New Decisions of the Constitutional sensiseeds

Latest posts

Latest posts