What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ZZZ Scientists Asked The Stoners: What Type Of Pot Helps You Sleep Best?

R

Robrites

From the article...

" What's more, various types of marijuana may have different effects on sleep. To understand this better, in a new study, researchers look at the types of medical marijuana that people prefer to use for sleep problems like insomnia and nightmares. After recruiting 163 adults who purchased medical marijuana at a California dispensary, the researchers looked specifically at whether the people were using sativa, indica, or hybrid strains of pot. They also asked the participants if they were using pot specifically for sleep problems and whether they were taking any additional sleep medication.

Of all the people in the study, 81 said they were using marijuana for insomnia and 14 said they were using it to reduce nightmares. The researchers found that the people who used marijuana for nightmares preferred sativa strains to indica strains. But the team did not find significant differences in pot preferences between the people who were using it for insomnia."

OlDirtyHuman

I have a hard time going to sleep while high on any strain, but if I partake early in the day and have completely come down I sleep great.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
The herb that ends up in CA dispensaries is hybridized to shit every time. Anything that isn't couch lock is "sativa" - this study is moot.

Lately nothing helps me sleep. I got way too much on my mind. Used to be OG would put me out. I do have some Wi-Fi 43 oil that helps, but it doesn't actually put me out.

Latest posts

Latest posts