What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bad experience consuming

fangsolo28

So been dealing with Chronic pain for over a year and dealing with the medical system has been rough as there is no diagnosis yet and I have been on Opiates for about a year now. I am at my wits end with the pills and even getting them now is rough as the Doctors are treating me like I am a drug addict!!

So a buddy says try this out, a cookie...just a small little bite. I am saying may as well. I did and that stuff made me paranoid as hell and I had a really bad trip! I was freaking out and felt really strange and funny. It was all in all a bad experience and I was like, " why do people like this stuff so much?"! It even made me focus more on my pain and it seemed to hurt more! Did I do this wrong? I was giving this "wonder drug" a shot and it really came across as bad for me :/

belivitez

sorry for hear that... definitely you are not alone! ;) my friend has same bad trips with canna oil... maybe you eat cookie made with "wrong" cannabis for you...

EsterEssence

Veteran
I do not like to eat cannabis, but love the felling i get from smoking/vaping it. Maybe eating it is not for you...

draz

I do not like to eat cannabis, but love the felling i get from smoking/vaping it. Maybe eating it is not for you...

I'm in the same boat, don't enjoy eating it. Hard to control your dose, way too much sluggish body effects and lasts too long.

Vaping is the way to go.

fangsolo28

MY friend is an avid vaper as well..maybe I will check it out, I am just not into smoking anything but am willing to give it a shot at this time!I was off opiates for a few weeks before I tried the cookie and on no other meds. I am not eating that stuff ever again!!

MicroRoy

Edibles come on to strong for me too.

Even smoking I just take a couple of tokes. Suites me just fine.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't say how much you ingested in mg...even a tiny bit of an edible can contain waaaay more thc than a wole joint.
Not judging, but it sound to me like you just had a bit too much.
If I'm wrong, screw the rest of my reply:

Are you familiar with the use of cannabis?
You need to start low with edibles and up the dose as you feel comfortable.
my theory/ first hand experience:
That's simply what thc does when you get too much of it ( at least to most people). Everything becomes surreal to the point where you can't feel your fingertips/ dizzyness, heart racing, or wait... did it miss a beat there?... it can be overpowering and this results in a panic attack, your brain just can't take any more of the concentrated bombardment of thoughts/feelings/plain nervous system overload, you freak out.
Just think about it... your brain is full of thc and, among other things, that stimulates imagination, then you don't feel right because of simply too much thc and things start derailing. Your thoughts start cascading and fear sets in... it can be really really bad... but it's only temporary.
If you tone all these effects down a couple notches you get creativity, motivation, energy, a nice warm buzz or sleepiness or all these one after the other ;-)

I'd try get off the opiates if possible and/or start with a much lower dose of cannabis.

fangsolo28

Can't say how much you ingested in mg...even a tiny bit of an edible can contain waaaay more thc than a wole joint.
Not judging, but it sound to me like you just had a bit too much.
If I'm wrong, screw the rest of my reply:

Are you familiar with the use of cannabis?
You need to start low with edibles and up the dose as you feel comfortable.
my theory/ first hand experience:
That's simply what thc does when you get too much of it ( at least to most people). Everything becomes surreal to the point where you can't feel your fingertips/ dizzyness, heart racing, or wait... did it miss a beat there?... it can be overpowering and this results in a panic attack, your brain just can't take any more of the concentrated bombardment of thoughts/feelings/plain nervous system overload, you freak out.
Just think about it... your brain is full of thc and, among other things, that stimulates imagination, then you don't feel right because of simply too much thc and things start derailing. Your thoughts start cascading and fear sets in... it can be really really bad... but it's only temporary.
If you tone all these effects down a couple notches you get creativity, motivation, energy, a nice warm buzz or sleepiness or all these one after the other ;-)

I'd try get off the opiates if possible and/or start with a much lower dose of cannabis.

Thanks man! Yeah I freaked out...I was pacing in my basement and talking to msyelf...pretty much having a complete freak out!! I just wanted it out of me and I was having a really bad trip. I wish I still had the cookie it had the amount of thc on the package on it. I will say this...I am not sure how long I was freaking out for but after a while I sat in my chair and then all of a sudden a calming like euphoria came over me and it was nice, I then was able to lay down and crash out.

It was lack of experience, I have a joint and took one puff tonight and it did a great job relaxing me while I watched a movie. Very nice but I hate smoking...

Runt

Try tincture as then you can work out the dosage that´s right for you. We´ve all had panic attacks at times but without cannabis I wouldn´t be able to manage my pain.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Aside from the dose, edibles take longer to take effect and the duration is much longer than smoking or vaping. This can be a factor in the panic attack situation especially if you’re not familiar. I know exactly what you’re talking about, the first time I ate cannabis I was unaware of this and became very uncomfortable…mainly due to the duration.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have had the exact same experience. I am an avid smoker with a high tolerance. It seems to me that edibles made with bho are the ones that really flip me out, make me paranoid, and focus on the negative things.

If it happens to you again, fruit juice, chocolate, beer, cold shower are all ways to calm the effects.

Best of luck finding a method that works for your pain. A vaporizer is where I think you may want to look.

:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
you have to figure out your tolerance level..i can smoke all day no problem..no side effects ..eating is another story ...its easy to over do it and it aint fun at all..what ya need to do is make large batches of butter or whatever then figure out your level ...consistency is key... I laid out a whole room full of people once on brownies even the dog managed to gets some..not good...dog laid in middle of room and didn't go anywhere for like 12 hours...yeehaw

BubbaBear

Another thing with edibles is whether its a sativa or indica. I prefer smoking indicas but also enjoy a lot of hybrids as long as there indica dominant but when it comes to edibles they have to be pure indicas even a little sativa gives me a racy heart pounding unenjoyable high and l cant sleep. Some people are more affected by it than others, I know some edibles l find uppy my friends find relaxing. Dosage also is key even a strain that would normally be sedative can give your a heart pounding high at a higher dosage. So especially if your trying to replicate a opiate type high you want low dosage of indica, you can always eat more but you can't undo to heavy of a dose.

Donn

I have had the exact same experience. I am an avid smoker with a high tolerance. It seems to me that edibles made with bho are the ones that really flip me out, make me paranoid, and focus on the negative things.

If it happens to you again, fruit juice, chocolate, beer, cold shower are all ways to calm the effects.

Cold shower ... brr!

Just want to throw in a perspective here ... now this is not so much about overdosing, when your brain is frying in too much THC then it's hard to do anything about that. But I've heard from people who tried the stuff, at very moderate dosages, had some trouble with it and didn't enjoy it at all, and came away with the impression that weed made them feel bad. Well, maybe, but also to some degree your own mind is involved in this - it isn't like you fall into a seat and the weed whisks you off to wherever it wants, it's more like a vehicle, and it's kind of up to you where you go. Maybe more control than normal, in fact. If you can exert that control, there's a whole level of benefit that you don't get from medicines that offer only "relief."

fangsolo28

Thanks for all he replies everybody! I guess I fell into the trap of "Pot is the wonder drug hat fixes all" and just over did it!! I had a bad trip and I tell you it was not fun being that high, it kind of reminded me of being on acid when I was a teenager..made me feel yucky I guess you could say.

I have smoked it a few times and did the vap thing now as well at very small levels and it helps to relax you that is for sure. I will say it has not done much to help with the pain and it seems to make me focus on it more at times! I went back to lame ass opiates yesterday and ahh..relief from pain again, Sad I know...

I am not giving up on pot but I am taking my time and taking it slow. I will say this I do enjoy playing my guitar more when I smoke it ha ha!!

My wife just tried a very small amount of a potent edible and had almost the exact same experience you described. Out of a "regular sized" brownie, she maybe ate a piece off it the size of a thumbnail. Her experience could be described as a bad trip... Paranoia, uncomfortably introspective, psychedelic high almost. She hasn't used THC in about 30 years, and said the experience was nothing like she remembered when she used to smoke it.

EastCoast710

lol. gotta keep doing it to get used to it lol. for me. edibles at first I was getting way to fucked up having anxiety and shit.. but after a few times. now its my favorite way to get high honestly.. I can eat 100mg of bho.. in a candy. and I'm rekt. for 4-6 hours.. and I don't gotta smoke lol. nothing..

but.. for me it was sudden.. even doing dabs was givin me anxiety.. so I just kept doing it until I was back to myself.. but I was just coming off opiates.. so I just said fuck it. and kept dabbing and eating it . and eventualy I haven't had any anxiety.. and I have less anxiety when I'm not high also. lol.

oldchuck

Veteran
I have read different things about how cannabinoids metabolize in the digestive system so I'm not entirely sure about this. But... I believe at least some Delta 9 THC is changed into Delta 11 THC in the liver which causes entirely different head and body effects than a direct transfer into the blood via smoking, vaping, sublingual, etc. I can feel a difference in addition to the slower onset, slower come down, uncertainty about dose and so forth.

blastfrompast

Veteran
U just got to ramp urself up..

I consume 1-1.5g of rso 4 hours before bed and numerous candies during the day...

My candies are made with 10g of RSO to 150 candies..so a nice little umph

10 candies give me enough relief that I don't have to dab every 30 minutes....5 will take the edge off.

I don't give out my edibles anymore to weekend stoner friends....

What I find mindboggling is someone who is 40lbs and under 10yrs old can consume 1g per day (3 doses) once they ramp up. FUCK CANCER

Latest posts

Latest posts