What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MyDx personal analyser

oldchuck

Veteran
I bought one for $230 I think. It's a risk but well worth it if it works and gets delivered on time.

RulaTone

Veteran
saw it when it was launched but i really dont trust it.

lets see if im wrong, i hope so.

but how can a small device without a comparison standard do a such accurate chemical analysis?
cromatographs are not toys like this...

oldchuck

Veteran
The device must have standards loaded somehow. They say they will have different modules to attach for different classes of substances. Cannabis is the first one they will have. The ap that goes with it may play a part too. But no standards, no measurement.

JointOperation

also.. after talking to a dude in cali.. he was saying that the only real way is to extract with a solvent .. manly being used is methanol. but i dont know man.. i really hope this thing works great honestly.. because 400 bucks. ill buy one ASAP once i know they work.. so that instead of telling my patients/customers. they can see for themselves EXACTLY whats up.

audiohi

Veteran
The reduced price was with the indiegogo campaign. It's supposed to work by vaporizing your sample and analyzing the gases, not through extraction. It does test extracts as well though.

oldchuck

Veteran
I got in just under the wire for the cheap price after thinking about it for a month. I am under the impression that it works like a low rent GC. If it works they way they claim then $400 is worth it.

JointOperation

thats awesome.. i just figure when vaporizing.. ur changing the chemical composition.. and converting shit also.. i hope someone posts some Reviews and some lab tests side by sides.. i would buy this asap if it works like it says it does..

audiohi

Veteran
They are apparently testing the MyDx side by side in AZ Med Testing lab while they also build their stain library. Just figured I'd throw that out there. I'm really hoping they do a good job with this thing

ZIO GREEN

OUTLAW
Veteran
The best way to test the accuracy of this MyDx would analyze the same samples of extract and strains in a laboratory analysis before,and after with this MyDx to ensure the accuracy of the instrument.
Any news?I'm very interested

oldchuck

Veteran
They stay in touch, regular emails mostly saying they are on schedule. Latest was from their PR person asking if I would be willing to take some kind of survey. She wanted my phone number for some reason. I'll hold off on that for a while but I'd be happy to cooperate with them. They will need to do some initial calibrations against some kind of standard before they could ship it. I imagine a lot of people who bought them will be making independent analysis.

audiohi

Veteran
Really? I've not gotten any emails! Just a printed letter in the mail. I need to look into that I guess