What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Baby's Breath seed project

two heads

Veteran
Based on how far along they are, I'm guessing they will finish before the end of September, just like the original Baby's Breath. I'm very excited to dry, cure, and smoke it again. It was a staple for so many years. Lovely to look at and a very reliable, euphoric/energetic, functional, clean high. I have "high" hopes, that's for sure!

Just 'cause she's so purty, here she is again. The same top on August 28 and September 1.

picture.php

picture.php

Festy2.0 and hoss111 - How has the Baby's Breath gone for you? Love to see some pictures if there are any.

two heads

Veteran
The Baby's Breath keeps getting fatter but the colour is still quite intense. It will fade a bit as it gets closer to harvest - about 10 - 14 days from now I'd guess.

picture.php

My backyard garden was ripped off last year but I'm hoping all the security measures I added (enclosure, cameras, PIR alarms and a pressure mat alarm under the wood chips) do the job and I finally get a legal backyard harvest this year. I'm checking out the Baby's Breath which is over 6 feet tall but still smaller than the others. L-R: Cafe Racer, Blue Hawaiian, Baby's Breath, White Widow.

picture.php

Happy harvest everyone! I love this time of year!

calisun

Looks great twoheads. I'm loving the color of the pistols. I will be interesting to see if they maintain the color through drying. I have a similar plant and it loses some of the color. Pressure mat alarm sounds pretty cool. I haven't seen those before.

two heads

Veteran
Cheers LizardMan!

calisun, I ordered the pressure mat from Home Depot. $40 and it has stood up to being outside with no issues.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ideal-security-pressure-mat-alarm-with-chime/1000710666

That intense magenta will fade before harvest. I'm a little surprised it's holding this long. Here are a couple of cured bud shots from 2003. Nice colour but no longer neon.

Seeing these now I realize I was pretty slack about manicuring back then. I work the occasional half day at a medical marijuana facility and I guess my standards are higher now!

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

two heads

Veteran
It was exactly a year ago tonight my backyard garden got ripped off. I had been planning to take down the two magenta Baby's Breath over the weekend but, they look ready, and a bud in the hand... I'm hearing about a lot of rip offs this year. I feel way more secured than I was last year but, still, I'll be very happy when it's all harvested.

But, always the reliable early, this evening I brought in the Baby's Breath, so the harvest has officially begun!

They had very nice tops.

picture.php

The colour is still there but it's darker and rougher. I like early Baby's Breath and I think this is about right.

picture.php

There were two from my 2013 seed. The front one was a bit more vibrant because it got better light (this strain loves lots of light and often won't show colour indoors) but the back one was bigger and will definitely yield better in spite of the crappy spot.

picture.php

The garden before the Baby's Breath got chopped. The others are bit behind so harvest will be a 10 -15 day affair. Good thing really because that's going to be a lot to process!

picture.php

Happy harvest everyone and may the rippers never prevail.

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

The garden looks fantastic two heads. So nice that you don't have to wade though a swamp anymore, eh.
Glad to see your carrying on with the Babys breath project. Such a looker she is.
Looks like they stacked some serious weight.

Peace GG

two heads

Veteran
Nice to hear from you GG! I love the swamp too much and, besides, it was my saving grace last year after the backyard got ripped off. I have three plants in the swamp - two Cafe Racers and one Blueberry. They're looking good.

picture.php

The Blueberry is from Canuk seeds and it is nice and early. I took five branches from it on September 20 because it looked ready. I got 40g from those branches and they smell surprisingly blueberry-ish! It's really nice smoke and I'm going to take down the whole plant on Monday. This is one of the buds I took on September 20.

picture.php

gorilla ganja

Ha, Can't keep a good man out of the swamp. :biglaugh:
They look great as well, almost as nice as the ones in your yard.
Hope you and yors are staying safe during these crazy times.