What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Foliar recipe help

So I have some stuff I was told to use for foliar. Silica, Kelp, floralicious plus then my IPM stuff (plant therapy and green cleaner) I’m looking for a recipe to help condense having to spray 9 different times for each product. If anyone can help me out that’d be awesome. I also have a liquid wetting agent.

SamsonsRiddle

So I have some stuff I was told to use for foliar. Silica, Kelp, floralicious plus then my IPM stuff (plant therapy and green cleaner) I’m looking for a recipe to help condense having to spray 9 different times for each product. If anyone can help me out that’d be awesome. I also have a liquid wetting agent.
i'm not sure if i understand the question exactly, but most people who use foliar sprays separate their sprays by function.

silica/kelp/floralicious/fulvic acid/wetting agent for one day
plain water next day
ipm/silica/wetting agent next day
plain water next day

hope this helps

Mr. J

What's wrong with your plants? If I was you I would ask the guy who told you to use some stuff for foliar what he thinks you need to do. Seems like he would know better as he is the one who thinks that you need to be foliar feeding. Actually if I were you I would just skip the foliar feeds. Plants take up nutrients from their roots. You'd need to have some obviously major deficiencies to need to resort to foliar feeds. Nine different products, wow. I would go to the store and return most of it and get my money back if I was you.

What's wrong with your plants? If I was you I would ask the guy who told you to use some stuff for foliar what he thinks you need to do. Seems like he would know better as he is the one who thinks that you need to be foliar feeding. Actually if I were you I would just skip the foliar feeds. Plants take up nutrients from their roots. You'd need to have some obviously major deficiencies to need to resort to foliar feeds. Nine different products, wow. I would go to the store and return most of it and get my money back if I was you.

No one said hey your stuffs messed up foliar. Everything I’ve seen/read is foliar spraying plants is nothing but beneficial and actually helps them grow better.

9 products? There was I think 6 or 7? 2 of which are IPM and your supposed to use more than 1. Then silica is additive for foliar (which I don’t use everytime because I put in with nutrients most of the time) then there was flora licious and kelp (yes I know flora has kelp in it but was given flora for free so may as well use it because it has other beneficials in it) and wetting agent decreases surface tension to help the plants absorb the nutrients better.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran

Soilscape solutions has a foliar program called Phyloscape that has 12 components and 2 formulas that is applied 3 times a week.

mostly N, P, K, and trace minerals chelated with aminos along with Kelp, yucca, Fulvic, humic,and aloe.

they are all products developed by big organic agriculture that they repackage into small containers for people who are treating less than many acres at a time and are sold in 5-275 gallon packages to huge farms.

it's very expensive upfront when you buy the package and get the recipes but the refills are not so expensive compared to typical bottled nutes.

most of the ingredients are used at 1-2 ml per gallon and i use only 2 gallons to spray a 1000 sq ft outdoor plot each time.

you just need to get the plant wet with it not as much as you would spray for pests.

for indoor use you would really go through this stuff slowly.

my plants that had issues perked up in a week with their program, I wanted to try it because of the measured increases to cannabinoid and terpene levels.

check out this video and hear what the pros have to say about it.

Mineral Applications in Cannabis Cultivation

[YOUTUBEIF]JIBe5J6Zjng[/YOUTUBEIF]

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Sellers sell stuff and consumers buy stuff. I once sold a fridge to an Inuit (former Eskimo) in the middle of winter :)

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Sellers sell stuff and consumers buy stuff. I once sold a fridge to an Inuit (former Eskimo) in the middle of winter

Yeah, I've been growing for 39 years and this is the first year that I've ever tried spraying anything besides poisons on my leaves.
picture.php

I figured my gear is pretty strong from what I use on the roots so why bother?
this is last years outdoor Dosis and they don't look like they need spraying do they?
picture.php

Last year I only spent $800 on inputs for the soil in my outdoor plot and it gave up 40-ish nice units.

I put down another $1000 in inputs to the soil again this year and made the patch bigger and I'm rolling the dice on $300 for the foliar program too to try to make bigger and stinkier buds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Maybe I'm wasting my money trying to provide my plants with all the elements they can use but Imma wait until my lungs compare this years with last season.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Bravo! You wanna medal of a chest to pin it on!!

My comment stands, especially when you are talking to neophytes. Yes I am one. My statement still stands.

In closing son, you didn't get there over night. Just saying, and by your displayed attitude, you probably fell in the trap once or twice. :tiphat: