What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Hill Gardens 2020

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
ya those purples are pretty cool looking. The flowers usually stay green at harvest despite the deep purple leaves.
Got real cold last night and we have had our "first frost" weeks earlier than expected.
It's only 2 degrees C out this morning!!

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
hey that's cool to see ;)
Good to see Aridbud put those out there.
Sent him some breeding stock a couple years ago.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Some more garden shots for today
Day 40 light dep for the Long Valley Royal Kush girls.
These don't show a lot of phenotypical variance as far as structure and frost goes. They do show variances if you really look closely .... and follow your nose. For example, the dark purple pheno I posted earlier and right beside it is one with no purple at all. It is a twin otherwise in that they smell the same, flowers look the same. The subtle difference is that the green one has narrower leaves. I seek out the narrow leaf expressions and there is another one not pictured that is got hints of purple in the leaves, has the narrow leaf expression 'and' , reeks of lavender fuel..... jackpot! Never taken a clone at 40 days in but I'm going to have to. There is another lavender fuel pheno in the garden but it has small flowers that look very different. Will smoke really well but not a "keeper" pheno due to the low yield trait.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and the Grandma's Hashplant on her 8th day of flower
picture.php

and this awesome colored up Darlin's Net at day 51 light dep
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
here's the greenhouse today.
everything is clickin right along.
Weather has been fantastic the past week, temps in the 30C range and all day sun. Still gets cool at night but not cold like it was week or so ago. Plants are making excellent use of the sunshine

Let's start with the Fire Alien Kush bush. She is pushing the limits of my greenhouse ceiling but stretch should be over soon I hope LOL On the plus side she is really stacking the bud sites so hopefully she yields a bounty come harvest time
picture.php

picture.php

Then there is the Original Glue bush.... very pleased with this plant and it's living up to my expectations so far. Also stacking really nice and showing some nice early frost. She is at day 25 flowering. (low and in front of her is a scrogged GG4 S1 from useful seeds)
picture.php

picture.php

and here's a nice shot of a purple fade Darlin's Net @ day 56. These were first to go in to light dep so should be harvesting in a week to 10 days I'm thinking.
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
what else is in my magic garden......

P98 Bubba Kush
picture.php

Useful Seeds Original Glue S1
picture.php

Bodhi Seeds Grandma's Hashplant
picture.php

and another Darlin's Net top shot.... this one smells so sour and gooey hehehe I have been trying to battle a little yellow spider that keeps making webs on this plant LOL
picture.php

and the attempt at scrogging the OGKB 2.0, with some ripening buds of SF Valley Breath in front
picture.php

that's it for this week..... stay tuned, first batch of outdoor harvest for 2020 is about 10 days away!!

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Fingers crossed the weather cooperates, if it does that's gonna be an epic harvest!

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Fingers crossed the weather cooperates, if it does that's gonna be an epic harvest!

I sure hope so
Weather has been good..... a few real scorchers that saw temps in the greenhouse hit 91F in the afternoon humidity at 46%.
Otherwise it's been good. Most days have light to moderate winds which helps keep the air moving thru the greenhouse sides.
Batch 1, the Darlins Nets are near the finish line so that will remove 6 plants from the room in a week I guess. Just trying to push the fade right now and things are moving right along.
Batch 2 is the main group of seedlings and they are just about done week 7 and no more food after friday.
That's gonna open up some room in the greenhouse and allow me to build a clear wall inside to shorten up the square footage. That should increase airflow..... just hope it doesn't get too cold , too early in september.

I'm happy I got the Fire Alien, Bubba, Glue and 6 gun flowering when I did as that gives them a good solid 3 week head start and will finish before the hard frosts get here.
anyhow..... the target is 6 pounds ..... some say I'll smash that.... I remain a hopeful optimistic LOL
:smoke out:

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Do you have strawberry pics?

LOL , we have strawberry plants but they sure aren't producing many strawberries for us. I think I will be ripping them out and planting a different variety. My neighbor's strawberry patch yielded loads of nice sweet berries.... mine yielded 3 so far hahaha

troutman

Seed Whore
Strawberry plants have to be cleaned out every few years to keep thing productive.
Runners are allowed to make new plants and old mothers replaced. Just keep a few
runners make new plants and transplant them the minute they start producing roots.
Allowing a jungle to form with too many plants causes problems in the long run.

I may try guerilla growing some fruit next year. Freaking bears will love me.

Can you imagine a bear finding a seedless grape vine or semi-dwarf apple tree. :biggrin:

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
pictures for today

garden shot
picture.php

Fire Alien Kush tree @ day 29 I think
picture.php

Original Glue also at day 29
picture.php

will get some other pics going tomorrow

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
pics for today.....
weather is cooperating and plants that are nearing harvest are ripening up very nicely
picture.php

picture.php

Grandma's Hashplant scrog at day 19. everything below the net is stripped and she's getting ready to load up with nugs !!! love this plant.... perhaps my favorite for 3 years running.
picture.php

and also at day 19 flowering , the OGKB 2.0 ..... I still giggle a little that she made it to my garden.
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Let's see, what else caught my eye today.....
hmmmm.... the Fire Alien Kush tree has stacked it on really nicely. Stretch seems to be over so now I just gotta keep her happy to the finish. This plant and the others in 18 gallon totes are in the tom hill organic mix (my version) and still getting nothing but my well water. She has really nice early frost on her too
picture.php

picture.php

Original Glue also stacking really nice and also developing an ample coating of early frost.
picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
and there's more.....

Long Valley Royal Kush . This one is a straight up Royal Kush phenotype with less lavender fuel and more fruit/fuel.
**edit aug 29 ..... thought this was a Long Valley but it is Bubba Royale, my cross of P98 Bubba Kush x Long Valley Royal Kush.
picture.php

picture.php

and then there is this total Garberville Purple throw back coming out of the Long Valley Royal..... I have grown a lot of these seeds now and this expression is a first. She has green foilage but her flowers are like little purple raspberries...... Kush Berries!! LOL
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mikeross

The Fire Alien is a beast....

Whats the background on the Original Glue... is that the clone only cut that made waves in the US?

The Grandma's Hashplant caught my eye. Looks very familiar to my most loved strain that I grew when I first started out. Was about 15 or so years ago. There was a Hashplant cut going around in certain circles and was very popular. Some people called is the Lizard, or biker cut, Irene and The Greaser were some names but always the same cut. Do you recall this cut and have you ever seen it around. Is that Grandma's Hashplant possible the cut I'm talking about? Looking forward to watching his one stack up.

Cheers bud! Thanks for the updates.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
I had 3 glues in the garden when i started. Two were S1 from Useful Seeds and one Original Glue clone only. My dog culled one of the S1 plants before i could get it transplanted when she took a stroll thru the greenhouse and was knocking shit over and trying to eat the dirt due to bonemeal and oyster shell smelling too irresistable. Lost 5 plants that day LOL
The S1 is scrogged and the clone only is the large bush. I see all the usual markers in the clone only and I am convinced mr underhill traded me the real deal along with the ogkb 2.0. She is laying down the flowers hard now and if I can finish her mold free, she is gonna yield like crazy.

hashplant.....
There was a lower yielding hashplant that went around mostly in biker circles. Shiny dark green 5 blade leaves, turning to 3 blades in flower. Red leaf stems and streaks in the main stems. Flowers that somewhat resemble some of the classic kush strains but I do not know if the plant was a kush or not.
I got it as a result of being associated and finding reliable trustable folks for trim crews and new grower recruitment. That hash plant has some of the piney citrus flavors associated with kush but it also had a very incensy hashy sandalwood exhale. It is a plant I will remember forever and will recognize it instantly if it is ever presented to me.
I know several long time growers searching for her and no luck so far.
She was only ever called by 2 different names in the 10 years I held her. She was labelled HP in all the biker grows and on all the clone tags. She was referred to as the old nepali by a few of the older crew but always labelled HP on the plant tags and the cured packs.

The grandma's hashplant I have is really nice, very potent and full flavored but not the old HP. I don't really see her at all in that line. Where I do see her resemblance is in the OGKB and Girl Scout cookies lines. The structures, the frost, the 3 blade leaf traits, the stem and petiole colorations..... but the flavors are different. Grandma's Hashplant is from Bodhi Seeds , which are still availlable at some US banks. It is Irene OG x 88G13HP.
Dunno if we will ever see her again