What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Greenthumb trustworty ?

yahooman

Customer service is half of a business...if the dumbass had half a brain and bit the bullet to be nice and answer questions he would sell 10 times more seeds,but he's just too dumb to understand that concept

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
so, yahooman, have you ever told a lie?

me personally, no, never in my life!

of course now i have to llive with this 1 foot wooden dowel growing out of the middle of my face!

one of the reasons the seed banks resent him is that he only sells direct.

that alone makes him an outcast in the seed business.

really i think the entire cannabis seed industry is just a bunch of pollen chuckers.

i am not a breeder, i am a grower. from my perspective all we are seeing today are the results of endless stirring of a rather limited starting pool of genetics.

i have recently, for a hemp company, reversed an entire room of feminized cannabis plants, extracted the pollen, stored it, then used it on a room full of another plant, a different strain. creating a new hybrid.

or i could have just duplicated the original plant.

if i can do it, anyone can.

yahooman

I stick with breeders like bodhi and Karma....2 of the most talented,respected breeders in the game,their customer service is excellent,they are honest and their genetics are amazing

lLucky

Would definitely be nice if people did more real breeding and working their strains/lines, pollen chucking is totally fine but not when it's the ONLY way 99% of people breed...

Also I'm sure there a lots of people who are happy to have the DR's offerings available to them.

HAZENACIOUS

The very first strain I bought was ... 200 seeds of Dr. Greenthumbs >>> Niagara .... did not perform well ...it took a long time to come ..I sent the money upfront
and once he had my $ he was shady about the entire deal ...This was in the mid-1990s so go figure...Then he went on to become very popular? ...I remember getting the plastic box all taped up And packed with white premature seeds
Hi Starcrash
That would suck....
What with all the hype about how much Dr. Greenthumb sucks, it's about time someone actually voices a legitimate complaint. :bat:

JetLife175

Veteran
Hi Jet,
I always wondered about his G13, I remember around when Nevil was posting like a decade ago he said he thought it was more or less legit, something about a G13 Hawaiian or something? I don't remember but I think Dr Greenthumb paid huge money for the cut, from a legitimate source? I remember the seeds were supposed to be massive yielders. I have always wondered about this.

What do you think? Is Dr Greenthumb's G-13 a massive yielder like he was saying?

It’s the same g13 as it ever was. It came directly from dogless aka Jim Ortega who was the original source of it to Nev.

And yes. It was a huge yielder. Boring smoke. Great breeding tool it would seem to beef up some lines.

lLucky

Never really bought into the hype for G13, not even sure why it just never interested me as a strain I'd like to have.

but again his MTF is another story and I'd really like to see how it performs myself... I think I read that its dr's fav smoke? Not sure if accurate.

geneva_sativa

What he released as Kashmiri Resin Factory around 2005, very easily a topfavorite,, E Sky from same time was also very nice pot

Enjoyed a couple of the old sativa lines he used to carry, too

hamstring

Veteran
Delta
Hey brother thanks for the info. Nice to converse with a brother who knows what B&W TV and party line phones are( remember picking up the phone and listening to your neighbors conversation) ;) .

I'm 55 and have been smoking and growing for over 30 of those years. I have a high tolerance so potency is important to me. I make my own tincture but enjoy smoking a fatty too. Gives me a little more control of duration of the high.

I had a pheno of Endless Sky around 2005 (pre fem seeds) that would leave you slack jawed staring into space. I haven't found anything that can hold a candle to that one.

carnage is a great plant. dense, hard nugs, very potent. everyone really likes it. no one is indifferent or says they don't like the flavor.

earthy, musky, almost clove or allspice, incense. no candy or fruit or perfume.

i've got carnage now and am just about to order wi-fi og and turkish cookies, neither of which i've grown before, and jazz, which i have grown and is a very energetic sativa leaning plant.

editing to comment on the high as requested. carnage has an uplifting, clearheaded start with only one or two small hits. stress and pain relieving. but then it turns into a relaxing, pleasant buzz that will last for hours. at 70 i have a lot of muscle and joint pain and a bowl in the morning is good till noon if i'm working.

sshz

His Endless Sky today is just a shadow of what it used to be.......... many complaints about it on the net. But the original one years ago gets raves even today. I was told he lost the parents and had to start all over with it again but hasn't had much success duplicating it.

yahooman

I heard the original endless sky was incredible!!
And I heard it did exceptional outdoors as well

I remember reading posts about its raw potency and early harvests

How many reports did it take to make him actually confess the original parents were lost/or whatever.....
He kept selling seeds....he duped people on that one too....
It's only once reports started surfacing about the endless sky being different....he had to save face at that point
Like I said,he lies

yahooman

That being said,
My ex neighbor has seeds from the original endless sky...I'm not sure if they would even be viable at this point

sshz

Like most breeders, he's hit or miss......... his Turkish Cookies gets very good reviews. I think his ECSD is his best strain overall.

hamstring

Veteran
That being said,
My ex neighbor has seeds from the original endless sky...I'm not sure if they would even be viable at this point

I grew the original endless sky for about 4 years before I lost the mother in a move. That shit was so potent . I havent smoked anything like it since. It was a slack jaw stone. It caught a lot of smokers off guard with how potent it was.

Why dont breeders breed for potency any more? Its all trichs and terps now. Sure I like taste and smell as much as the next guy but not if its at the detriment to potency. All the strains released these days dont seem to have the potency.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hamstring are you talking about clones ... or finding potent plants in seed packs? I may have to disagree with you slightly in that I do believe there are plenty of extremely potent strains out there ... PS I’ve always enjoyed all your old outdoor growing threads