What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Greenthumb trustworty ?

Beaucephus

He can actually be a decent guy to talk to if u catch him that 2 hrs a month he’s in a good mood. Ecsd is def legit...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
About 5 or 6 years ago I acquired clones of his bubba og cross and the g13. The bubba og was good, nothing special. The g13 was a nice strong high yielding plant with super boring smoke. Ran her a few times hoping for better results.

Not sure what a pheno hunt would look like. I have read enough positive reports on the ecsd that I have almost bought some a few times.

sshz

420giveaway
What most of you don't know is he tried to sell the business, maybe 1-2 years ago. Long story short it never happened and I think that kind of soured him even more. He's not a people person, he just wants your money. Ask him more than a simple question or two and his patience will be tried. I've read reports that he's hung up on people asking simple questions about strains. Go to RIU, look for Dr. Gruber and read all his reviews on many strains- he's a solid grower who has done many of the strains and you can read very detailed grow reports on everything mentioned in this thread. By the way, his favorite strain is Turkish Cookies, which happens to be on sale right now. Also check out his NEW Hash Plant strain, also worth a grow with a heavy yield.

LostTribe

Premium user
Guys think about it from his perspective.

Can any of you imagine having dealt with complete Noobs contacting you repeatedly with absolutely the dumbest questions for the past 20 years he's been doing this?

I would say most of us would have quit long ago. The G13 is the one I would probably go for but mostly for it being the only pure G13 available. For breeding purposes only.

Best
LT

THC123

Veteran
Can any of you imagine having dealt with complete Noobs contacting you repeatedly with absolutely the dumbest questions for the past 20 years he's been doing this?

Yes I can imagine, it is being called professional. The Ace customer service is a good example of such professionalism. If you want our money than you also have to give service.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I remember when everyone went to see greenthumb because he was the only one you could actually call and talk to. Times sure have changed.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i usually don't get involved with these discussions about rep and quality and personality traits but this whole thread is so full of shit that i feel i should share my real experiences with dr. greenthumb.

first he is not b-real. he was dr greenthumb long before b-real showed on the scene.

he does not steal and rename strains. in almost all cases where someone else's genetics were involved he has acknowledged the source and acquired them ethically. usually the original source confirms that he has the genetic.

i have spoken to him personally perhaps 4-5 times over the years and always found him to be serious and professional in his attitude. polite but to the point. businesslike. just as i would be. he has never been rude in any way. but i have never asked him for free beans or discounts. think about it. he must get eat up with that kind of shit. i wouldn't tolerate it either.

when you buy seeds you are buying the genetics with no further restrictions from him.

i have ordered from him many times since about 2004. i always got what i ordered with no substitutions.

typically 2 week turnaround.

high quality with great germination rates.

once in about 2005 i bought a pack of his endless sky and not a single one germinated. i called him and discussed it with him and we came to the conclusion that they must have gotten irradiated or damaged in transit somehow. he sent me another pack immediately and it was just fine.

i have grown his:

endless sky, millennium bud, blue dream, carnage, turkish delight, bubba kush, bubba og, cindy99, colombian skies, ecsd, g13, good dog, iranian cindy 99, iranian g13, jazz, matanuska thunderfuck, mediplant, oh zone, trainwreck, chemdawg g13, sour13, and the dope. i may have missed something but it think that's it.

in all cases i feel i got what i ordered and that it was the real thing.

he is probably about my age and i just turned 70 and i can tell you that as you age you become less tolerant of bullshit, ignorance, and fools. like me he probably has a low threshold on that kind of shit.

he has stellar genetics at fair prices.

i have gotten 3+ lbs per light recently in oregon with his iranian c-99,

currently getting almost 3 per with his carnage, which is not really supposed to be a big yielder. and it is killer smoke that everybody says "wow" about when they taste it for the first time.

i, delta9nxs, do hearby officially recommend and endorse dr greenthumb seeds.

JKD

Veteran
He probably earns enough to get by as is without having to kiss anyones ass. If you don’t have to, why would you?

troutman

Seed Whore
He probably earns enough to get by as is without having to kiss anyones ass. If you don’t have to, why would you?

If you own any kind of business you better be nice from time to time or sooner than later your customers will go elsewhere. ;)

JKD

Veteran
Normally I would agree. I’m sure if he was concerned about losing customers he would work on his customer service, but as I say he may be content with what he earns and not have to compromise. I won’t begrudge anyone who can live life on their own terms. Fair play to him.

ctg

Veteran
Turkish cookies

Turkish cookies

I didn’t purchase these but was given seed stock from a friend.
Super tasty herb that leans more towards the Turkish side of things. Way more sativa dom than any cookies with a flavor profile along the lines of Dutch flowers choc trip.
Every bit as good as anything on the market.
I wouldn’t hesitate purchasing from greenthumb. There are def exotic flavors and highs!

Attachments

• B4C37307-7BE9-4BC1-90B9-FFFD53B0DB1B.jpg
    B4C37307-7BE9-4BC1-90B9-FFFD53B0DB1B.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 5179FDCE-A991-4125-A11E-11BE04C5EBB0.jpg
    5179FDCE-A991-4125-A11E-11BE04C5EBB0.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 30

hamstring

Veteran
I have purchased seeds and called him a couple of times.. He is very business like not chatty but direct and to the point. I have no problem with that.

I am again looking at some of his offering for a pheno hunt for a narcotic strain. Slack jaw drooling on you shoes stone. I had a endless sky pheno like that but wanted to try some other offerings.

Has anyone grown any of these from the good Dr?

OG Kush
Chemo Bubba Kush
Trainwreck-

Off topic but he has a interesting sativa -Jazz

yahooman

i usually don't get involved with these discussions about rep and quality and personality traits but this whole thread is so full of shit that i feel i should share my real experiences with dr. greenthumb.

first he is not b-real. he was dr greenthumb long before b-real showed on the scene.

he does not steal and rename strains. in almost all cases where someone else's genetics were involved he has acknowledged the source and acquired them ethically. usually the original source confirms that he has the genetic.

i have spoken to him personally perhaps 4-5 times over the years and always found him to be serious and professional in his attitude. polite but to the point. businesslike. just as i would be. he has never been rude in any way. but i have never asked him for free beans or discounts. think about it. he must get eat up with that kind of shit. i wouldn't tolerate it either.

when you buy seeds you are buying the genetics with no further restrictions from him.

i have ordered from him many times since about 2004. i always got what i ordered with no substitutions.

typically 2 week turnaround.

high quality with great germination rates.

once in about 2005 i bought a pack of his endless sky and not a single one germinated. i called him and discussed it with him and we came to the conclusion that they must have gotten irradiated or damaged in transit somehow. he sent me another pack immediately and it was just fine.

i have grown his:

endless sky, millennium bud, blue dream, carnage, turkish delight, bubba kush, bubba og, cindy99, colombian skies, ecsd, g13, good dog, iranian cindy 99, iranian g13, jazz, matanuska thunderfuck, mediplant, oh zone, trainwreck, chemdawg g13, sour13, and the dope. i may have missed something but it think that's it.

in all cases i feel i got what i ordered and that it was the real thing.

he is probably about my age and i just turned 70 and i can tell you that as you age you become less tolerant of bullshit, ignorance, and fools. like me he probably has a low threshold on that kind of shit.

he has stellar genetics at fair prices.

i have gotten 3+ lbs per light recently in oregon with his iranian c-99,

currently getting almost 3 per with his carnage, which is not really supposed to be a big yielder. and it is killer smoke that everybody says "wow" about when they taste it for the first time.

i, delta9nxs, do hearby officially recommend and endorse dr greenthumb seeds.

What a Crock!!
The veteran udg member reibsi got given the auto affie cut and brownthumb got a hold of it,reversed it,made seeds and renamed it Iranian short season...how do I know this? Cause I had the auto affie cut and grew it side by side and they are identical!!!as well as many conversations with udg members including reibsi about it
Greenthumb also had constant spammers on all the forums hyping all his strains,they were so transparent,every post was hyping greenthumb a strains...biggybuds was one...I assume they were all greenthumb himself
The man has been caught in many lies so don't go saying he's legit cause he's a liar and not to be trusted.....

yahooman

You couldn't pay me to run his genetics...all he does now is get clone only cuts and reverse them.
And if u catch him in one lie he is lying about other things as well
The guy is a total douche

Latest posts

Latest posts