What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashtanga Yoga - mixing Physical Yoga & Cannabis

St. Phatty

When I was younger I often took an edible before a workout.

Now I find smoking works better for me, I usually take one hit when I get up. So if I stretch it's after smoking a little.

With Yoga I have enjoyed both a LOT.

I did not enjoy dis-locating my left knee while trying to do Hanumanasana.

primary_series_chart.jpg

https://www.saraiharveysmith.com/uploads/5/0/9/2/5092662/2140011.jpg?1377185404

Anyway, just wondering how many ICMag'ers enjoy mixing some physical yoga in with their Wake & Bake practice.

natasharizopoulos-split2.jpg

^ Hanumanasana.

I think for most men, Hanumanasana is 'biomechanically contra-indicated", the fancy yoga term for, you can hurt yourself doing it.

You can put your foot up on a weight-lifting bar, e.g. the Smith press has a horizontal bar you can set at 5+ feet off the ground.

therevverend

Veteran
I think for most men, Hanumanasana is 'biomechanically contra-indicated", the fancy yoga term for, you can hurt yourself doing it.

If Hanuman can do it with his big ol' monkey balls there's got to be a way for a man to do it. Maybe an Indian loincloth testes raiser?

White Beard

Yoga and cannabis go together like they were made for each other. Doing yoga properly produces a mild trance-state that helps the yogi/ni track the body’s response to the asanas, and a few puffs greatly support that effect.

Yoga con cannabis is much safer than sin: the tragic chief mistake of the new yogi is trying to force themselves into asanas and remain in them, even if they are in pain, badly aligned, or confused about the stretch. Cannabis can enhance your awareness and show you that you’re breathing wrong, or stretching too far, or have your knees wrong, and this can really help a practice develop.

Not that I’m such great shakes at yoga, but I can stand on one leg without toppling over, and geriatric as I am, I’m still pretty strong and pretty flexible, as in bending forward and laying my palms on the floor without bouncing back up.

Last edited:

Mengsk

Yes 100%. I don't know much about formal yoga, as in with an instructor or gym group. But especially recently, stretching has replaced a lot of my exercise. Normal work in the yard and what not, but instead of going to the gym lifting weights I mostly stretch working on flexibility. I don't 'like' smoking, as in the smell etc compared to edibles or vaping, but thc/cbd is helpful if not essential for I guess improving or recovering flexibility. On the subject, since taking up cannabis my activity level and fitness have notably improved. It's ironic about the smoking/lung thing because I've lost weight and become way more active, more energy etc compared to before.

White Beard

I’d go so far as to say that yoga may be a natural emanation of cannabis use.

Cannabis allows the intention to sit within the tissues, and simplifies connecting tense areas with the breath, and so releasing them with the exhale. I had neither training, knowledge, nor curiosity about yoga until cannabis use began to ‘urge’ me to open up my body and become more flexible.

Most of what I now know about yoga began because at some point stretching began to feel good, welcome desirable. I have no proof, but I also have no memory of caring about any such thing before I began getting stoned. And I’ve noticed, many times, that getting stoned encourages me to breathe deeply and stretch...it *is* how I became interested in ‘how to do it right’. There are things about moving with the breath, about supporting yourself as you move, about timing, about focus - that you can learn from a teacher, and well done, you - but if you persist in stretching while stoned, it *will* trend toward yoga, or injury, over time. Doing it right matters...but that doesn’t mean there’s no room for developing into your own version of ‘doing it right’. Doing it ‘wrong’ will hurt in the long run, and when the log run arrives, it’ll matter. Intuition helps...(more of than damn hippie nonsense)

Last edited:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
[youtubeif]8BNhya2gEJs[/youtubeif][youtubeif]0DY94CeFi8s[/youtubeif][youtubeif]zSM4tMb0k4g[/youtubeif][youtubeif]na0HJVNZHsQ[/youtubeif]

Last edited:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
[youtubeif]Pu6-sHOr6yE[/youtubeif][youtubeif]sxRiCJSVUZM[/youtubeif][youtubeif]zagpUjUE3Ns[/youtubeif][youtubeif]HJ1-trsKD8w[/youtubeif][youtubeif]Iks9jQIRZh0[/youtubeif]

Last edited:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
[youtubeif]9BtpNM4gH_8[/youtubeif][youtubeif]twEh295LMNA[/youtubeif][youtubeif]v85C06zksUM[/youtubeif][youtubeif]sqJdagwfpFU[/youtubeif][youtubeif]rOzOwxadFGI[/youtubeif]

Last edited:

davers

But I am not so active visiter of such procedures and gym :D My last visit was to med spa clinic where I got some beauty procedures. I had chemical peels procedure.Chemical peels have gotten a bit of an unfairly bad reputation, thanks primarily to user error. The result was succesful and I did not got any allergies.

Last edited: