What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SensiSeeds/Dutch Passion reborn

Hi all,

I open this thread because i want to debate with you about the quality (for someone loss of quality) of the 2 biggest and classic Dutch seed companies.

2 years ago i decided to give Sensi a try, and tried to don't listen to the common idea that from 98-2000 all the classic dutch genetics from sensi and DP are a total shit.

Finally i decided to buy some SuperSkunk (FEM), JackFlash and Black Domina from sensi to see with my eyes if the rumors where true...

Well believe me or not but the SS is a TOP plant.

I've done a run of 6 and almost NO change in pheno, all honey sweet skunk and very potent, here at 31 days under Gavita 750:

The JackFlash beans i gived to a friend who pulled out some incredible plants in both yield and flavor.

After this i decided to turn back to the classic Dutch seedbanks and grow solid genetics that gives you every time something real, not like USA "hobby breeeders" that sells you packs of seeds where you have to pop 50 seeds to find someting nice (maybe you can find something special but hey... i'm growing 6 plants at a time...)

I'm almost sure that i will go on and test other stuff from sensi and DP (i've buyied GlueberryOG from DP), check the breeder helpdesk for DP at *****... if you look the DP pictures thread you will have an idea of what i'm talking about.

I suspect that the ones who talk shit about Sensi and DP (and other classical dutch brands) haven't even popped one of their strains.... maybe because are more classical and they have been around for too much... seems that every one want the new hype champion from cali, possibly with a ridiculous name like "strawberry flavored cheesecacke sauce OG gorilla"...

Like said i'm a small scale grower... and like the majority of us i need pheno uniformity. i can assure Sensi still provides it.

I'm almost sure (but i have to test them) that Dutch Passion, Paradise and TFD are on the same boat -> an excellent boat.

The same applies to smaller breeders like: ******, De Sjamaan, Super Strains, Homegrown fantaseeds ecc... even Dampkring seeds seems to be fire.

So i started the conversaton.

Who want to reply has to do with pics. please not stories about "i popped some seeds some yers ago and where pure crap".

Peace :)

burmese

no pics, sorrry ,,python,, but

growed only auto euphoria,, 12/12from seed to flower 90days
,and results were that despite 12/12 from seed, spidermites, low earth /1L-1.month,2L-2.month,5L-3.month/ pollinated with kumaoni male ... she grows very quickly up to 1meter, perfect structure for SOG, lower smell than expected from skunk, around 20-25Grams of upbeat but sporadically sometimes very social,stoned and euphoric high and around 50 good brown seeds/brownest i saw in seeds/

forgot double gums regulars white label, good grower 12/12 from seeds, no smell, friend grows em early this year to detect whether male or female, talked to me that females doubled within 3 days when keep outdoor so good reaction from indoor to outdoor, smoke quality i see later

and friend from 30km from me always talk about frisian dew and hows shes good but nothing specifically

Last edited:

Nico Farmer

All I can say about SS, is even after 2000, their Super Skunk regs was good. I had a killer pheno from 15 seeds I kept two years before I lost it, otherwise I think I'll have it again. Very potent, with an amazing taste and flavor.
I have only one old bad pic, under 400w (2003)

picture.php

About DP, I grew Durban Poison and Power Plant many times and it was always good.

Their Original Flo in 2009 (work with Short's gear I think) was great (out of stock now)

picture.php

and last year I have tested 1 Euphoria's fem seed, a good commercial skunk.

picture.php

M

maliali

I grew sensis and white label seeds. They are top consistent phenos very potent. White widow white label was wery good hav some musky haze lemony scent which is wonderful very potent high and body,but it is rear pheno. Skunk kush from them very good also very incensy lemony taste and smell most folks think that 2 seeds where some hazes who were in another seed pack. But i find that few other guys have that incense musk lemony phenos in white widow from WL it is tottaly oposit smell then ssh fruity incense this is all musky incesne with lemony hint. Super skunk is all cheese tipe of smell and taste. Lots of today hibrids are old sensi,mr nice 99% i would say nl,skunk,and haze. Lots of first time growers buy sensi and say its crap cuz it is most easy to get seeds from them. All seeds are just lottery for me i grew karma gentics,rare dankness,archive,sensi,dutch passion,barney,devil harvest,bcbud...from comercial to underground some packs were shit some were good. The best seed bank does not exist but sensi is old good and reliable and dont have fancy name market today want names like darth werder OG , Venom Snake double sour poison,purple lambo,wedding golden cake...

Koondense

Veteran
My only growing experience with DP was some years ago, with autoflowers.
There were two packs, 3 think different and 3 autoxtreme.
Germination was fast and 100%, however the growth and final product were not impressive at all except for one standout autoxtreme plant.
In other years i had other autoflowers in the same spot and they were much better on average.
My smoking experience with DP were with Shaman(pretty nice low potency with pleasant effect), FrisianDew(stronger but bland in effect, boring overall), AutoMazar(at first quite cool but becomes boring very quick, dumb effect) and DurbanPoison from DP(fast onset, potent and sharp taste, good overall).
So my experience with DP is not good enough to buy more seeds, found other seedbanks withmuch better varieties for my taste.

Sensi is a mystery to me, planning to try their Durban. Any info on sensi durban is very welcome :)

Cheers

GoatCheese

Veteran
EDIT:
I bought the Domina pack straight from Sensi Seeds in the spring of 2016 so it's farily new stock.
----

Sensi's current Black Domina isn't very stable, but i never grew the first version, so i don't know how they compare. I grew a half a pack and got few shorter more broad leaf-types, two thinner leaf phenos that were different to each other and one proper freak with f'd up leaves.
I only had one female out of those five seeds and flowered one of the males, which was fairly low yielder. But the only female i got was/is a real keeper. It's an Ortega pheno.

Here she is:

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Sensi's current Black Domina isn't very stable,but i never grew the first version, so i don't know how they compare. I grew a half a pack and got few shorter more broad leaf-types, two thinner leaf phenos that were different to each other and one proper freak with f'd up leaves.

Black Domina is a 3- way cross I think and an F1. So don't expect the next generation to be stable. :)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Black Domina is a 3- way cross I think and an F1. So don't expect the next generation to be stable. :)
It's a 4-way so a polyhybrid, not a F1.

Nevil has said he made two versions of Black Domina. One with Garlic Bud genetics and the other version had an Afghan from Sam Skunkman but not the Afghani#1.
According to Sensi Seeds BD is Ortega x Afghani SA/Hash Plant x NL#1

So does the letters SA in "Afghani SA" stand for Sam's Afghani, i dunno.

Here's some quotes from Nevil about Black Domina

Nevil said:
[FONT=&quot]I never got any Kush from Sam. I did get another Afghan from him that was unrelated to A#1. It a was coarse large seeded variety with big calyxes, but lacking potency. I used that in the Black Domina (25%).[/FONT]
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/83317-post516.html

Nevil said:
[FONT=&quot]Black Domina was a 4 way indica hybrid I made for Sensi. I was going for big seeds/bracts with large resin globules on stalked glands. People seemed to want bigger yields, so I substited Garlic bud for one of the indicas. I don't know what has been happening at Sensi since then.
I liked the version with the big seeds and large stalked glands.[/FONT]
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/58981-post17.html
Nevil said:
[FONT=&quot]Ortega and NL lines are unrelated.
To be honest, I can't remember exactly which father was used in the bulk of the seeds.
NL2x Sams Afghan was one, Ortega x Sams Afg was another, both were later substituted with a son of Garlic bud for better yield (NL2xGarlic?).
I'll give you the tip that the quality came from the mother.
N. [/FONT]
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/83607-post525.html

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Troutman, you have to work on your reading skills :D

Excerpt from your link:

This multiple cross is basically the result of stacking four of Sensi’s heaviest selected indicas in one hybrid: the Afghani SA, the Ortega hybrid developed in Canada, and a combination of the Hash Plant and the famed Northern Lights, both of which have origins in the U.S. Pacific Northwest. Because 4-way hybrids are hard to stabilize, expect the f1 hybrid to show some variation – but also expect 90 percent of your plants to drip with resin.

I had the black domina back in the day ( like 15 years ago), the tall lanky low yeilding pheno, and it was such a fucking treat, and so easy to grow...wish i still had it ( why the hell i didn't take a cut,why????), but the last time i bought a sensi pack it was crap( maybe in 2009/10), only half of the pack did pop and the plants were not what i want...and TBH @ 90€/ 10 seeds i'm not ready to buy it again...so i got some knock off seeds of BD and so far i didn't find what i'm looking for...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I grew a lot of early skunks and shiva skunks back in the days. every other pheno was keeper, after they turned from 15seeds packs to 10 seeds it was nearly impossible to find decent pheno in one pack, so around 2006 I went with h3ad seeds and other american "hooby" breeders :D and never looked back.. anyway what seems to me like a bullshit and joke is that guy is saying hes gonna try to avoid american breeders, and is going to buy glue - from american hobbyist - crossed with blueberry that was created by american breeder. is first post some kind of joke :D ???? dutch passion - that title seems to me like good joke too haha

THC123

Veteran
I tried many of dutch passion's strains and they do have some gems in there. Especially their older strains like Powerplant, durban poison and mazar and they also have nice outdoor genetics.

But they lost many moms over the years and they don't exactly make good or large selections when reproducing seeds.

This is bringing stability and quality down.

Also their newer strains are just bland. They have the passion fruit now, which is a cross of SPG x orange bud. The description of the passion fruit is more suitable for the REAL sweet pink grapefruit.

The cross they made with orange bud is so bland and boring and has nothing to do with SPG and is orange bud dominant. They should just have released an S1 of SPG.

Anyhow point is they do have good genetics but also lots of mediocre and bland genetics. They lack imagination for creating new strains.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I'm not a fanboy or hater,so I'll talk according to my experiences,i have tried durban from DP and mexican sativa,early pearl and shiva shanti 2 from sensi,well:
-Durban:3/3 germed,beauty plants,good aroma of licorice,anise,cleary hibrid,but was a good herb....
-mexican,14/15 germed(old pack),very beautiful plants,the thieves or police took them away at the end of July..... :(
-early pearl,3/15 germed,only one female,herm.....................
-shiva s.2, 1/15 germed,luckly was female,low production but top quality,very powerful......
If if I can afford, a seedbank that has always given me satisfaction is nirvana,low price,good quality...
obviously I speak of my experience, between 2002 and 2008....
My 2 cent

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Great info everyone!

I would really like to see some folks grow out some current Sensi stuff. It seems their rep got tarnished a bit. It would be nice to know the truth.

I plan to pop some Sensi seeds in the future, it will be at least this winter.

I saw a member here grow out some NL fems and recall them saying the effect was good. Looked nice. I can't remember who it was that grew it.

I would start with NL x Haze, Hashplant, Maple Leaf, and Hindu kush. The HK I know kicks ass. Gave a friend seeds circa 2005 and the plants were great. Strong effect that made me stutter. Lemon funk, nice plants.

I hope this thread continues and more information and pics are added!

Cheers!

'Boogieman'

I grew a Dutch Passion Durban Poison that turned out amazing. This plant was grown outdoors in a 30 gallon pot and out yeilded some plants in 65 gallon pots, had zero mold, and the smoke was great.

W

Water-

Dutch Passion has a few new strains that are worth a look.

I had great luck with their Durban Poison and Desfran(destroyer)

The Glueberry felt like blend of its parts. like blueberry chem or something.
the buds where medium density, i'd give it a B+.
i grew it outdoor and didn pay much attention to it and
I only tried one seed.

They also have couple new crosses

Granddady Purp x Og X Bubba Kush

Lemon Skunk x Zkittles

baduy

Well Desfran is such a complete dishonest knock off that we shouldn't even talk about this one, shame on DP for taking the benefits from someone else's work
Loved their Durban in the times but every time I tried it since 2004 it gave me some uninteresting early bloomers with a dull high and no anise smell which is the main thing I'm looking for in a Durban

Last edited: