What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing own veggies.

Florere

Im thinking about growing my own veggies indoors under light.

But how much watts would you use for each person ??

Someone doing this?

Spaventa

Veteran
I would use half the watts you use for weed for most veg unless its things that don't do well in Britain or Holland.

Most don't need as much light as cannabis.

I guess you already know this because you know we grow good strawberry and tomato in northern europe no problem but not good cannabis.

If you want to grow aubergines and hot chilli and whatnot you need similar light level as cannabis.

N

NBE One !

I Attempted to Grow Potatoes Once in The Conservatorie.Lack of Light Made them Grow Too Tall - 6' ?
There not meant to be Tall. :)

( Potatoes were like Marbles ,lrg Marbles )

if i use "veg lights" for veggies (not cannabis veg state) i raise the lights to keep them from not burning
to be honest, my "seedling box" which is about 3-4 sq feet running 20 watts does best for most veggies, after a month or two i move them to the next box or outside
only a few plants i have benefit from our regular lights, like chilis and aloe vera