What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clarence's Bourbon Vanilla Grow Update and Grow Guide (post #75)

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Soon to have a new harvest in. Will be frozen until my return to the UK. Will be interesting to see what effect a long period of freezing has.

Green81

Veteran
I think with the growing trend of house plants and exotics this could sell well!! I think the time and experience you've put in, its great information. Also I was always told its impossible to produce vanilla HOME grown, you've shown and great How-to.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I would say quality is there, you just need to make it a bit bigger, as in add more info. Not necesarly grow info, in can be history of the vine and bean use and things like that. Maybe some pro pics from this new harvest. Go for it man, don't worry about quality and advice, they are good.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
So here is one of my original 3 plants that was once just a 1 metre long cutting sent to me from a friend over in La Reunion Island. I have had several cuttings from this that are all growing well too.

She's gotten quite large.... must be time to start taking cuttings and relieve some of the weight in those poor canes. Just need more room to make a jungle. Maybe I will start selling them. Looks like shes trying to steal the TV all but very slowly.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
you just convinced me to grow a vanilla plant.
am curious how the inside evolves in the drying process.
:lurk:

I'm happy to inspire. I've got a study somewhere on the vanilin transformation through the drying and curing processes. I shall try and find it.

Cheers
C:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts