What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Still Alive After All These Years!

B

bigganjabud

Well, it is summer time right now, and historically, throughout ICMAG's 14 years of existence we have seen less traffic during the summers. People go on holiday and/or are just too darn busy with their gardens to post as much as they do during the colder months. Also, as already stated in this thread there are many more places on the net these days for peeps to post pics and stories than there ever were, so that does have an effect.
All the same, I am still seeing members posting something here every minute or two usually, so we are busy enough for the time of year.
ICM has always been a well moderated site, so the ban hammer has to come out quite often to keep the peace for the common good, and keep the discourse on track...

It's real nice to see the loyalty expressed by many members to the site, who have been with us thru thick and thin, and still seem to be able to contribute interesting, informative and entertaining content...

Thanks guys/gals.

Erm I've been spoken to by God!!!!

(this is not a piss take far from tbh)

Sir I thank you and wow I joined and have been in and out while you were away

Please understand man your site has opened more doors and experiences for me than I'd ever dreamed possible

If you ever fancy a pint the tabs on me man I feel I owe you my grow balls (and not the male flowers here I mean this site has bought me through depression and taught me so much man)

Dude you are seriously top 5 ganja God's in the world in my opinion

You, chimera, cervantes, Howard Marks and still undecided are the top ever reps of the ganja game I SALUTE YOU

Also seeing as the ban hammer ain't hit me if there's anything I can do just fire me a pm please gypsy ya never know what can be achived

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Wow....I'm flattered, but I would never consider myself as a god.

I'm just the same as any of you lot, a fella with a fascination surrounding a certain plant, and that's what brings us all together here.....which is nice.

...and I would be very grateful if someone wants to buy me a pint, but you would have to come down here, south of the river, 'cos 'I live by the river!' (The Clash 'London's Burning')

B

bigganjabud

Literally moved from near there about two month back but I'll deffo make the time for that trip very soon

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Some of us are busy fishin......yeehaw..my new rod an reel came in and I reserved a boat and room for a few days

B

bigganjabud

Some of us are busy fishin......yeehaw

Ere trout man better you catch a few whoppers maaaaaan that's the only excuse il tolerate round ere
All this work and no playing the fishes

Oh I'm gonna add a pic of my old marine tank in a bit just cos I can lol

Green

Veteran
Trust in the reggae shark, he'll make alright
,https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ytTKZf344
giphy.gif

Last edited:

St. Phatty

maybe we need more IC Mag verse

to help us feel the Beat

of the Cannabis plant

as we face the summer Heat.

/\ attempted poetry

\/ Southern Hemisphere version

maybe we need more IC Mag poetry

to help us treat the Mold

on the Cannabis plant

as we face the Winter Cold.

yeah i know
don't quit my day job. :woohoo:

watts

ohms
Veteran
I joined icmag when I was learning to grow cannabis. Well I first started out at grasscity forums but I realized icmag was next level stuff where the pro's were at. This site had the most information and resources to make me a better grower. I've learned a lot through these forums, not just as a grower but a person as well. I'm grateful for all the people that have contributed over the years.

shithawk420

Veteran
i have to admit that it seems since legalization hit the states its been pretty quite.oh well.i know who my friends are here.99.9 of the people here are great.this is the only website i post on.and its for a good reason

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Lots happens over the years, and the scene is changing, lots of people who have worked for years under the threats of nasty legal intervention are less inclined to help the people who have turned up here and elsewhere with "never grown before but got a giant warehouse tell me everything"... Even between us clones and new advances are more carefully guarded, not openly given away to the community as before. The last person I tried to get Guerilla Glue off tried to charge me E1,000. Another person I have "done a lot of favours for" got GG4 and SFV 2 or 3 years ago, and after messing me around, said he couldn't give me the clones "till he got permission to give them out, because I think he is not giving them out"

Lots of attention seekers like the shiny Instagram, but lovely buds don't interest me much, I like to learn more about how to get there, because very soon, and I mean very soon, real competition will be here and the mediocre will be swallowed up by Mc Buds. So, you have to sift through IC Mag to get the best, as always is hidden deep within conversations with many of the extremely knowledgeable people on here.. thats why I am here and will stay, till they prise my login from my cold dead hands

zamzia

Veteran
I know a handful of people that have moved to IG and they post pics frequently there. Sign of the times.

catalyte

Veteran
yeah i have definitely noticed the traffic decline in recent years. Definitely instagram that is responsible for this shift. BUT i always wonder why cannabis people even bother with IG when lots of BIG accounts get deleted all the time for no real reason.... that's one reason why i don't bother with it. Don't want to build up an account only to have it deleted by the website mods...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Lots happens over the years, and the scene is changing, lots of people who have worked for years under the threats of nasty legal intervention are less inclined to help the people who have turned up here and elsewhere with "never grown before but got a giant warehouse tell me everything"... Even between us clones and new advances are more carefully guarded, not openly given away to the community as before. The last person I tried to get Guerilla Glue off tried to charge me E1,000. Another person I have "done a lot of favours for" got GG4 and SFV 2 or 3 years ago, and after messing me around, said he couldn't give me the clones "till he got permission to give them out, because I think he is not giving them out"

Lots of attention seekers like the shiny Instagram, but lovely buds don't interest me much, I like to learn more about how to get there, because very soon, and I mean very soon, real competition will be here and the mediocre will be swallowed up by Mc Buds. So, you have to sift through IC Mag to get the best, as always is hidden deep within conversations with many of the extremely knowledgeable people on here.. thats why I am here and will stay, till they prise my login from my cold dead hands

gross that someone is trying to capitalize what josey gave away to the world for free

hope the people pulling that shit taste karma so poignant they can't deny the causation behind it

B

bigganjabud

Gg4 was originally only dispatched to med patients there's a massive thread about a legal battle

Anyone know if Josie is out of jail yet?

benjuanman

Veteran
:gday:I've noticed the drop off in members posting since I been back on. Shame a little but things happen. I went to gaol for a large commercial hydroponic system. Which explaims my extended absence. Its taken mW a bit to be confident enough to start pozt in again. Even tho the site has nothing to do with the raid. When I was on all the time in 012 it was pumping full of great reads m supported by credible grower's. Willing to help. There still is just not the same volume of traffic. Love the site n my loyalties lay here. Peace

The Pheonix

Im staying here.... i like it alot and contribute as best i can :)

i was too paranoid to post for many many years but the powers that be upset me!

i don't post anywhere else ;)

IC till i die! .....love it here.

Peace

Phe

HUGE

Veteran
This plus the ban hammer and instgram have really hurt the activity here.

many people who where in states that where turning legal blew up and simply don't have the time and/or don't need anything so they have no desire to contribute

others located to legal states where you don't need an online source for information or socialization

mainstream legal seems to bring out the shallow and superficial part of many people, seems most people where really just about the money all along

I'm over it money is its own Pandora's box so while I hope they find what they are looking for many won't do anything but further abstract themselves from the real problem.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Im not going anywhere else either. Unless the Ban Hammer gets my sorry ass some day I intend to stay here.
Yes there are lots of other venues to get the info I may need but ICmag has always struck me as being the most mature site with the best members with the best information without having to sort thru all the knuckleheads and chaff.
I have no real problems with the mods actions here. I think they do a good job of weeding out the peeps who may cause problems or really have nothing to offer. I appreciate that even though we may have lost a few good members, I dont have to sort thru too much BS to find what I need.
The core community is also very helpful and generous here. Ive gotten great info and have been gifted great genetics from other members. At that time it helped the patients I was growing for. Some of whom I was very close to due to the nature of the small community I live in.
I hope ICmag continues to thrive. Times are a-changing but I think with some tweaking Icmag can stay relevant and continue to be a great resource for anyone wanting to grow good cannabis and share their experience.

Latest posts

Latest posts