What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Still Alive After All These Years!

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
It may be time for the next gen to step up, and keep the mag going. I am not going anywhere, and I try to help. I do get frustrated when you try to help newbies and they think they know it all. If you are not going to follow advice don't ask the questions. Also the newbies who want to grow dank but won't put any money into it or think th at the most expensive nutes will equal the best buds.

I kinda agree people should learn to use the search features, and give some info about the specs of the grow. We get lots of questions that have been answered over and over

I got that a lot when I started here. On GG4 thread people bitched that I did not read the 1000 or more pages. It would help a lot to have a thread about how to use the search feature. I have more success using google, and it pointing me to the right page on ICMag.

The other thing that hurts new people, is not knowing who to listen to. If you get 5 different answers to same question, it is extremely frustrating.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Loc...best search is using googles "site:" feature.

Example, you wanna search ICMag for the word "sea". ICMag search will respond with:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : sea
But, if you google the following (exactly...no space after the colon & no capitalization):

site:icmag.com "sea"

Google will respond with:

About 13,600 results (1.03 seconds)

And a list of all ICMag posts containing the word "sea" are now displayed. Nice huh?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Loc...best search is using googles "site:" feature.

Example, you wanna search ICMag for the word "sea". ICMag search will respond with:

But, if you google the following (exactly...no space after the colon & no capitalization):

site:icmag.com "sea"

Google will respond with:

And a list of all ICMag posts containing the word "sea" are now displayed. Nice huh?

I have that written down somewhere, from you. Do you use SQL tags between words, like "AND" and "NEAR".

Would be nice to have some "weighting" sort function. Maybe sort by the most likes within thread.

Sorry, late and drunk.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Nope, just cut and paste the "bold" in my prior post in your google search bar.

Here is more about the "hidden" google search commands--

Refine web searches

You can use symbols or words in your search to make your search results more precise.

Google Search usually ignores punctuation that isn’t part of a search operator.
Don’t put spaces between the symbol or word and your search term. A search for site:nytimes.com will work, but site: nytimes.com won’t.

Common search techniques
Search social media

Put @ in front of a word to search social media. For example: @twitter.
Search for a price

Put $ in front of a number. For example: camera $400.
Search hashtags

Put # in front of a word. For example: #throwbackthursday
Exclude words from your search

Put - in front of a word you want to leave out. For example, jaguar speed -car
Search for an exact match

Put a word or phrase inside quotes. For example, "tallest building".
Search for wildcards or unknown words

Put a * in your word or phrase where you want to leave a placeholder. For example, "largest * in the world".
Search within a range of numbers

Put .. between two numbers. For example, camera $50..$100.
Combine searches

Put "OR" between each search query. For example, marathon OR race.
Search for a specific site

Put "site:" in front of a site or domain. For example, site:youtube.com or site:.gov.
Search for related sites

Put "related:" in front of a web address you already know. For example, related:time.com.
Get details about a site

Put "info:" in front of the site address.
See Google’s cached version of a site

Put "cache:" in front of the site address.

Source: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh wow. Haven't seen you in a couple years farley.good to see you.looks like the old crowd is starting to come out of the woodwork.

Most of the peoplease must have moved on to other advantages this culture has produced.

I remember when the group was just scratching the surface of the strains, mainly Gsc, and that's the last time I was on here as a guest. I really loved the adjustments I see and would love to know if your all ok.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I think a lot has to do with Trump being elected. I have noticed the same. We used to have great sense of community, and talked a lot. I am more worried about what I post.

I don´t feel well here no more. As I was new in 2010, I thought this is the best weed forum, with people from ALL over the world and it was an international, peacefull vibe. Of course the german section was wonderfull either, very friendly and peacefull. Today it is a ghost town.
Since a time I feel like the last european between americans and trumpists and conspiracy theorist or people who take the last shit from the internet for real. I made the mistake to vote in senseless threads about school shootings or politics. In the past it wasn´t allowed, after the TOU and at last I think it was better times. Now I try not more to post in some threads, my english isn´t very good and I can´t see who is a moron or not.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I got that a lot when I started here. On GG4 thread people bitched that I did not read the 1000 or more pages. It would help a lot to have a thread about how to use the search feature. I have more success using google, and it pointing me to the right page on ICMag.

The other thing that hurts new people, is not knowing who to listen to. If you get 5 different answers to same question, it is extremely frustrating.

Since the beginning of OG up until now there's always been that "who do I trust/or listen too". It really takes some time and hrs on the forums....you can't really goggle it like a thread.....to all newer members just have some time to read some and be a lil patient and you'll come out in the long run. These forums teach the old as well as the young!!!! Wv

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
This is the whole problem with the whole internet really, but certainly the growbro ganja culture. I mean how can you trust a person you have never met? You can't, or shouldn't, at least take it with a pinch of salt,, really you can only trust your own intuition, if your compass is pointing straight.

In horticulture they really have to be doing/done almost everything the same as you in their grow for the advice to be transferable to your grow, as we all know each individual factor, and them combined, makes a huge difference to how a grow turns out

Too many people have never picked up a book. Too many don't want to have to think for themselves so shit turns into urban myth quickly..

I'm fed up with all the growbros thesedays who didn't even pay attention when they were being taught botany/biology in school and haven't revisited it since even though they're in many cases risking their freedom to grow the plant..

What we've lost mostly imo is the old school that were into the real organic processes working with nature and natural processes.. Imo those guys dropped out a while back because of all the toxic angry kiddies that flooded the scene pumping chem ferts into their ganja and getting a samey experience..

Weed went from this cute lovable herb and hobby, where it didnt really matter how much you got only the quality, to a steroided up corpse with a scannable toe tag and that vibe is almost more to do with philosophical approach than anything.. people are in a rush and they are rushing their plants and learning process.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow diaries on other forums are where it's @. Sensi have their own MR nice do too. loads of test grows on the new stuff where as IC mag seems to be stuck on Elite clones & other nonsense. There isn't the diversity of topics on other forums

green404

I think there are a few factors in the decline of icmag traffic.

-Forms in general have declined over the past decade “social media” has soaked up a lions share of social discussion internet traffic. I have seen decline most other forums all in the same time frame when social media became big.

-People move on. Most people join a forum lean somethings maybe answer a few questions and move on to the next educational learning experience.

-A huge factor is in legal states cannabis plants become normal. They lose their WOW !! factor. Now days in legal states everyone one has a few plants in their yard, you can tour dispensaries with thousands of plants, you can go to a store a pick and smell tru dozens of jars of flowers.

Back in the day when someone showed you plants it was like looking at a group of naked ladies dancing - wow …! No days it is just another mj plant.

Cannabis is becoming just like any other product it is not rare anymore.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
This is the best site for info that there is imo. More skilled growers who share what they do and how they do it, here than any other place I've seen. I have actually seen total nonsense garbage posted at a couple other sites, being passed off as fact and other's cosigning to the bullshit.

Another great thing about this place many might not like. Someone posts things that are obviously not true or don't work like they say. People will call them out on their bullshit. Then if things get out of hand, a mod will clean things up. Not what I've seen at other sites. One site in particular it seems like trolling is almost encouraged. Not the case here. And one reason I like this site.

To any new members reading this, stick around. You found the best canna site to be a member of. Keep an open mind, heed advice, and you'll do just fine. I have learned so much from this site and met so many cool dudes. I might only know a couple of you in real life, but I often tell my wife, I have guys who have done more for me I met here. Than anyone I know in real life. Facts.

packerfan79

Veteran
Icmag is the best forum hands down. I attribute the skill I have obtained to this forum. I have been here for 6 years and counting.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
There really is a lot of bullshit on some of the other general forums that just goes unchallenged and spreads..

I will always come back to ICmag for solid opinions from people I trust.. The other advantage IC has is it's multinational, I like that personally, it balances the vibes into being more level headed and less hype, imvho.. I sometimes go in the other language forums and see what our cousins in europe and beyond are all chatting about..

It's still a sub culture in most of the world and will long remain that way, just the states is going down this legalisation path so y'all can get taxed even more to death.. yeah now that's freedom? Land of the fee and home of the slave.. fuck the government, those guys are fascists and snake oil salesmen, always have been and always will be.

Last edited:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Been on icmag for almost 10 years, and havent once thought about visiting another site, there's no need..I also come here for comic relief. The shit that's been said on these forums is some classic funny shit. I also like it because nobody here knows anyones race, religion, sex, etc, which makes it even better. It's like a world within a world, but we all have this one thing in common which is love for the cannabis plant...

OP

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
This is a great website, the best of the canna world. I don't get why people want to cause trouble. Light one up and chill back.

Thanks to the mods for weeding out the riffraff.

Gentlemen.....can we not have silly squabbles over vagina's and what rhyme's with 'bag?'....

It all seems rather ridiculous -

<take's a hit on a spliff>

The point is Gypsy...... Your mods are hunting me. They knock my account for ovious jokes..... Does anybody actually think I go around out of context telling women their house smells like vagina?

On the other hand, the same mods that are supposidly offended by my joke, pm me the most hateful msgs all the time...... TJO calling me a "fag," then knocking my rep for jokes, is in it self a joke.

With this behavior, are the mods starting to rival Facebook and the likes? This has been, and will always be the problem with limiting speech. Who is the one enforcing this supposed "hate" speech? That is why free speech is so valuable to a fair and balanced society, and website for that matter. All in my opinion of course.

For those who wondered, I got told that no, I can't post that msg from TJO. Censorship at it's best. :tiphat:

I will also add back in my first post, ICmag is the best canna sight on the web. However, I feel the quality of moderators should be evaluated.

Last edited: