What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

Morphote

Veteran
Hi All,

I've been asked a few times, so I will just say for the record - the Tom Hill seed was produced under Tom's direction in Spain - it's the same seed you have seen elsewhere on the market, it's just been in the scientific seed fridge since it arrived to me shortly after it was produced. These are not replicates produced by us.

Please post all relevant questions/info here. Pics welcome. Going to pop 40 myself. Looking for that 5%.

M.

elanius

Veteran
30 THH and 1 Cocoa Kush ( try to find it :D )
picture.php

elanius

Veteran
Thas correct my friend, Cocoa Kush has often crinkle asymmetric leafs and actually i have 2 Toms Hazes that started with similar feat. One got out of it and the other one is very weird plant still. Im not sure what to think of it, it has very dark green leafs, seems there is some problem with nutrients uptake, growing very slowly with minimal stretch when set to flower period. 2 weeks 11/13 and she already form flowers, this may be the fastest haze in the universe. I may share some pics later.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this may be the fastest haze in the universe. I may share some pics later.

i cant wait to see it. i flowered thh this winter under 400w hps. around 20 cm of height rooted cuts and they ended up like 100 - 120 cm high. I flowered them for 3 and half months.

when i grew it first, it also surprised me like some phenos are short and squat. i had numerous discussions about it, either its mexican dom, or its haze19 x skunk1.. but skunk1 is mexican hybrid, right? :biggrin: have to edit, that i dont know anything about old school mexicans :D

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
The Hazes are finished and curing now, i have planned not touch them at least for few weeks, but well...i didnt even let them dried properly and smoked the first samples from vaporizer heheh. 4 months of flower really eliminated my patience right there and also i wanted to see how they are from the start.
This phenotype, has really unique smell, other than anything i have ever saw. She smells exactly like ginger beer, and i mean exactly. It even have that spicy sharp ginger feeling in the nose. Absolutely amazing smell, the high so far is nice up, cerebral sativa high, can be strong and there is pleasant comedown. It may change a lot with cure, so i dont want to judge the aspect too much.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Kush_Kloud

Those plants look really great Elanius :)! Those leaves are kinda wide looking though. The Seedsman Original Haze grow reports that I have seen have thinner leaves than this Tom Hills Haze. Could this be because of the differences in selection between the two breeders? Maybe it is because Sam Skunkman selected towards the longer flowering, thin leaf, green/ Gold Haze phenotype? And because Tom Hill didn't select for just one specific terpene/ color/ effect like Sam Skunkman did?

KK

elanius

Veteran
DoubleTripleOG, hh i know what you mean! But 16 week mango haze ? Huh, thats a long time for her, i guess she was heavy on the Haze side, how was she?

Kush Kloud, some of the Toms Haze had little wider leafs, but they are still sativa leafs all the way. This is just a environmental expression and due to being flowered from the seedplant. If you take a clone from her, the leafs will be very thin all the way, even thinner under sun. However, this ginger beer pheno was in the bunch of soon finishing Hazes cca 13 weeks and i should mention that for some reason, all the plants i grow usually finish sooner than advertised. I think because of the CMH, homemade wormcasting and 11/13-10/14 light/night schedule. Btw, as far as i know, Sam Skunman didnt work the haze, but he tried to save it by open pollination. Tom Hill was working with the Haze by doing minimal selection and using seeds from the best females. I think thats another reason the leafs might be wider, the plant will adapt to the indoor environment after being bred for several cycles under artificial lights. And that means more stable conditions then outside, i speculate it makes Sativas push wider leafs...

elanius

Veteran
Here is Pheno 27, also interesting and very different girl from the others. She did not stretch like crazy, instead made a compact bush with long elongated buds that are tougher then the rest. She was done sooner in week 14 and the smell was sharp citrus, sweet and sour. The taste is the same as the smell and very pronounced, love it! The high is euphoric, happy, sociable and talkative, its not the strongest from the bunch but definitely one of the most pleasant hazes to smoke while enjoying the evening in pub, drinking and so on. She was not overpowering like some other Hazes, but still must be judged again after cure. Well just a thought about this Haze line, i really dont understand where are those junk plants Tom spoke about. All the plants i have are good quality sativas, great smell, taste and high i was really expecting something different from the breeder information hehe.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi elanius. first, compliments on the growing. Its clear these genetics have been done every justice. I have just two questions if you don't mind - I'm always looking for interesting genetics and these are certainly that. Ive never heard ginger referenced before.

First, did you find any Incense, Sandlewood or musky, hazy smelling plants? I mean particularly the aroma off the smoke when you burn it. Some describe this terpene profile as earthy or Rosmary. Some call the aroma "church" or liken it to Frankincense. Some associate it with piff or uptown haze i believe, other with old nevilles haze and kali mist.

Second, did you see any nanas or balls?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
normally I don't post @ ic anymore...
but have to say THH is amazing!
the only true haze that is available...
TFD O-Haze is hybrid now... bought 2 packs... looks more like Skunk/Haze so be warned
From my pack 8/10 where germinating.... 1 seed was broken 1 seed was dull...
so i was looking for males and feed them lot's of N + red light....
I got 7 males and one pretty girl...
1 male looks really nice thin leaf and smells more incense... the other more floral citrus...
I use the male to pollinate my best pure sativa cut's.. like Kerala, Nigerian, Senegal, Malawi, Durban, C.Gold72, ColJam and DoubleJam....
expensive but the best haze you can buy for money...
highly recommend for all sativa lovers... :)

@HazeOil
my males & girl look like the same as yours... very nice!

@elanius
nice selection you have there... do you make seeds from the selection?

get hazed ;-)
M.

elanius

Veteran
Thanks to all for the kind words;)

Spaventa, thanks :) but honestly, there is still much space for improvements and dialing the Hazes. The ones in this thread were more happy then others, but the longer flowering phenotypes were looking very "tired" in the end, with droopy leafs that were sometimes drying out in the tips and curling. I will show the pics later.

1) What do you mean by hazy smell? I always wonder a bit about this. The haze is mix of tropical sativas around the world, so the hazy smell must varied a lot. If you mean musky/citrus/carrot/pine/mango/metallic/sweet and sour/perfume/rootbeer/gingerbeer all these notes i found in 13 females. And there was a mutant pheno that smells like forest berries. But this is the smell of fresh/dried herb. One of my favorites haze phenos smell like musky, sweet and sour carrot and its true anti anxiety herb for me.

The smoke however does not smell of frankincense. The frankincense should be only true church smell, as the frankincense is simply highest quality resin collected from Boswellia trees and used in religious ceremonies. Such smell i know, and you can find it in Simply Irresistible.

So how does the Toms Haze smoke smells like? It reminds me a burned resin from pine trees, with some musky and earthy elements maybe and i noticed that smell only from 2 phenotypes of this Haze line, also these two are my favorites. Few others leave some aroma in the air, but i cannot put me finger on it yet.

2) "did you see any nanas or balls?"

Yes, but nanners, not balls. I cannot blame the genetics entirely, as i found out later that there might be a light leak in the box and as i wrote the conditions in my box were far from perfect. But at least 5 females shows nanners in 3/4 of flower phase or in the very end. The others were absolutely stable, even in challenging conditions hh. However other reports describes the line very stable, so really might be me. Still im happy to be able to judge the stability of the females as well so it was fine, and even so, i found only about 15 seeds total (out of 13 females).

Im happy to discuss the haze, in case of any other Qs, dont hesitate to shoot ;)

MadMac, i share your love for Toms Hazes :) And i did make a seeds, 8 Tom Hills Haze gangbang with all my dj short keepers, otm, flo, bb, f13 and cocoa kush.

Last edited: