What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any probs smoke weed at the time of treatment??

John andrew

Hi there,
I’m planning to get a root canal therapy asap. Due to heavy pain in my molar teeth I tried some home remedies. But the pain alleviates when I smoke weed. My friend who is studying for BDS told me that the treatment needed 4 to 5 sitting to complete it. Does it affect my root canal treatment?? Has anyone tried?

I have had a root canal and used cannabis before and after the procedure as well as tooth extraction and did not have any problems.

St. Phatty

I had a wisdom tooth out once, with no anaesthetic.

Gave me an aspirin "for afterwards".

I went home and smoked some real hashy pot.

And then I had an electronics test to take.

Showed up ripped, red-eyed, and happy for (almost) ANY distraction from the pain.

I vaguely recall even doing well on the test.

It would be interesting to have a variety of strains available.

When the pain hits like a tidal wave, might come in handy. Always curious to hear what strain works best for people.

You're fine. Smoking is only a problem with blood clots. And its the suction from a joint or cigarette that tends to "pop" them. I've had more dental work done than anyone I know. Get yourself some clove oil it will save your life.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Root canal, you have "pockets", which could have adverse effect. Dentists will tell you not to smoke. Do tinctures or crumble a bud or two in drip coffee maker. Or smoke and see if you have any adverse effects....
Yep, clove oil on hand, too.

I've had like 6 of them done in the span of my cannabis smoking. No dentist or endodontist has ever told me not to smoke. It was only when I got 4 wisdom teeth removed that I was told that. I smoked after root canals and have never had an issue.

Whered you hear this arid?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had tooth pulled and root canal in last year....personal experience having DDS told me me due to dry socket and vacuum pressure in mouth. "It is best not to smoke after a procedure it can prolong healing, it kills the cells that help regenerate the gum tissue."

Attachments

• big_root_canal[1].jpg
    big_root_canal[1].jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 29
In reference to your tooth being pulled and not the root canal right?

Whats this nonsense about cell death? Sounds like anti tobacco propaganda.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, whatever. Yes, it was a root canal. Already knew about extraction and smoking. Maybe your dentist isn't as proactive....

Said, Or smoke and see if you have any adverse effects....

One time my friends Dr. Told him to stop smoking weed because it was giving him man boobs (he drank every day, never exercised lol)

Gry

Thread title had me envisioning some one in a dental chair knocking off bong hits with a dentist looking on.
"Just a couple more and I'll be ready".

packerfan79

Veteran
Thread title had me envisioning some one in a dental chair knocking off bong hits with a dentist looking on.
"Just a couple more and I'll be ready".

A couple to steady the dentist hands.I went in for a razor shave and the old guy ask me if I needed a shot of Jack to. His hands Weren't that steady scary, it all worked out.

YetiOG

You're fine. Smoking is only a problem with blood clots. And its the suction from a joint or cigarette that tends to "pop" them. I've had more dental work done than anyone I know. Get yourself some clove oil it will save your life.

Yes its totally about the suction pulling clots. Doing blades works though as long as you just inhale the shit off the knife with nothing like a tube or anything like that. Though edibles would be the best for sure long as they arent sugary.

St. Phatty

One time my friends Dr. Told him to stop smoking weed because it was giving him man boobs (he drank every day, never exercised lol)

It's hard not to notice the moobs at the local Y.

Shows how important context is.

See the same shape on a woman and it turns the head.

packerfan79

Veteran

Well I haven't seen you around in a while . Are you doing a journal this year?

I just kept gauze on the hole from an extraction. Didn't have a problem. Stupid cigarettes are the worst habit, I wish I could kick them bad.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Think suction...from drawing on a straw, drawing on a cigarette/cigar, smoking a joint, sucking a bong, an aggressive inhale...all can cause a dry socket problem that is not only painful, but will cost more $$ to repair.

What I did was to make a "power hitter" of sorts (ala MacGyver). Empty water bottle, hole in the cap for the joint and a hole in the bottle side for air control. Place lit joint inside bottle in the cap hole, squeeze bottle and smoke blows out...no air sucking by mouth necessario. Self administered shotgun.

Pic of the Original Oat Willies Power Hitter
Scan+5122.jpg

Pic of how to use....
00eaf3c39bc62d3db1bf49eb1b8762bd.jpg

Onward through the fog!

cigs have more drag than joints but if you inhale SLOWLY and SLIGHTLY you dont have too much too worry about, except dry sockets itself

dont SUCK but inhale, from your lungs

B

Bird~friend

Once read That ...

Before 1977 Ganja was used as a Pre-op Medication

Latest posts

Latest posts