What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage News Articles & Finds

billycw

Veteran
Local boys smoking a joint on the beach in San Andres, Colombia 1974

smoking_a_joint_on_the_beach_in_San_Andres_Colombia_1974.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
One of these days some bright spark will invent a 'Toker's Time Machine!'.....that can take us back to the 70's to toke on some fine Thai Stick, hmmmm how's-a-bout-that-then?

Green Squall

A Parisian woman with her cat in her cannabis garden

A Parisian woman with her cat in her cannabis garden

Someone dated the photo somewhere between 1912-1920 based on the magazine she was holding, Le Miroir. It almost exclusively published photography from WWI, and did not shy away from including shocking or graphic images of soldiers' corpses and even a mass grave.

picture.php

White Beard

Just found this thread today.
I’m only on page 4 and I already want to rep you a few thousand times...

Too bad I’m told I have to ‘spread it around’ before repping you *any*:
A disturbance in the Force, without doubt.

‘Til then, blessings on your head, and on those of your family and friends; may your days be days of joy and wonder, your nights full of ease, merriment, and peace; may your harvests be bountiful, your friends many, your road both comfortable and rewarding...

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Harold Hedd Comic - circa 1973

Harold Hedd Comic - circa 1973

This is an actual pic of the well read/worn copy that I still have.

Harold Hedd was Rand Holmes most well-known character who originally appeared on the pages of Vancouver’s Georgia Straight newspaper. His work is often compared to Gilbert Shelton’s The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

This comic features the adventure of Harold and his pal Elmo when they travel to Mexico and fly an old Lancaster bomber back home filled with kilos of weed.

RMS

:smoweed:

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] Livre des simples médecines (French translation of Platearius' "Liber de simplici medicina"), France c. 1450 (BnF, Français 1311, fol. 13v)[/FONT]
DzJtSRyWwAA5XfF.jpg

[FONT=&quot](Vindobonensis medicus græcus 1 (“Vienna Dioscurides”), fol. 167v).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

DzJxhUnWkAAX6iH.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

I looked through 400 plus pages of that book over a couple weeks, looking through all the detailed pictures and edging. Really marveling in the artwork of it all. I can not believe I missed that:laughing:

I don't think the artist made a mistake, they had different ideas about genetic inheritance back then. In the era before Mendel, Watson & Crick western thought on breeding was that the male provided all inheritable qualities and the female provided the fertility. Their idea was that a man plants his seed in a fertile woman to make a new generation just as a seed is planted in fertile ground to grow the next generation of crops, the plant providing the seed was male in their view. The Greeks has the same idea, it was probably passed down to the 1500s the same way all the other old Greek ideas were.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Old prescriptions from Massachusetts.
About five are for heroin, but two are for extract of cannabis indica.
Range in date from 1901 to 1927
picture.php