What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still find it simpler to use the websites Kodi picks from rather than deal with all the butt muckery and updating.

G

ganjygav

Kodi has gone to crap lately. I had been using kodi for sportsdevil and Made in Canada IPTV. Now MIC is shut down which was my source for the local news. Cannot find another source.

I had been hsing terrarium for so.e time now and am filling jn the gaps with mobdro for channels etc but i find the links arent of a very high quality.

There's an app called livetv.Net has loads of international channels. It's an android apk I sideloaded on to firetv. Terrarium is pretty good, gets all the main films.

G

ganjygav

Still find it simpler to use the websites Kodi picks from rather than deal with all the butt muckery and updating.

I don't own a pc or I probably would. The addons update themselves mostly but I use a build a group of guys update once a week.
I get a notification that there's an update through kodi and I click OK 3 times. Takes me 4 minutes at most to be updated.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
KODI works as well as it always has. It's the add-ons that come and go. And, you have to keep up with which is current or the next thing you know, you ain't getting shit. LOL

The KODI add-ons have never been great for streaming live TV. There are a couple but there's not much to offer in USA channels.

As for movies and past episodes of TV, I can't imagine anything that isn't available on KODI. Absolutely nothing.

I recently cut the cable and got rid of a $150. a month cable bill. My wife got Amazon priime and I am amazed at what it offers. Lots of old, new and newer material. I don't watch TV but the movie selection was impressive as was the "retro" TV selection. At less than $10 a month, it's the best thing I've seen for pay TV.

Green Squall

KODI works as well as it always has. It's the add-ons that come and go. And, you have to keep up with which is current or the next thing you know, you ain't getting shit. LOL

The KODI add-ons have never been great for streaming live TV. There are a couple but there's not much to offer in USA channels.

As for movies and past episodes of TV, I can't imagine anything that isn't available on KODI. Absolutely nothing.

I recently cut the cable and got rid of a $150. a month cable bill. My wife got Amazon priime and I am amazed at what it offers. Lots of old, new and newer material. I don't watch TV but the movie selection was impressive as was the "retro" TV selection. At less than $10 a month, it's the best thing I've seen for pay TV.

I too am impressed with Amazon Prime. I do Student Prime for $6.49 a month or $49 per year. You need a .EDU address which you can buy on Ebay for super cheap lol.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't own a pc or I probably would. The addons update themselves mostly but I use a build a group of guys update once a week.
I get a notification that there's an update through kodi and I click OK 3 times. Takes me 4 minutes at most to be updated.

Ah probably user error on my part. Seemed like I was always stuck with the spinny ball of death.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was using genisis but i found neptune rising. anything better then these out there?

on the ouya, which limits KODI to v14 or so

Bmac1

Veteran
Ive given up on kodi and will likely get cable again for the few channels I want. Once I started using terrarium, the only thing i used kodi for was MadeinCanadaIPTV for local news etc and sportsdevil for. All sports.

Now MadeinCanada was shut down and for the past month sportsdevil has been a blackhole as well. Mobdro sucks, sketchy links and horrible resolution. Never seen a great stream on there and ive had it for a couple months now.

Ive tried reddit links for hockey games etc and its all such a pain in the ass. With the NHL playoffs on, its amplified my frustration and for the 40-50 bucks a month, ill be getting cable hooked up again for a few basic channels and use terrarium for movies and tv.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
KODI is not great for live streaming. The IPTV apps work better for that. You can use the IPTV app in KODI but it's only fair. KODI is great for what it is but it does have it's limitations.

If you could reverse engineer the DTV P4 card, you could get all that free but.... alas, LOL

Cable prices are usually crazy. At least in my area. You might look into Amazon Prime TV and/or Youtube TV. There are several others who offer select channel offers. e.g. if you just want the Food Channel and the History Channel, you just buy those 2. No need to pay for all those channels you don't watch.

Just something to check into.

Cut the cable. ;)

Green Squall

I hear you Bmac. Instead of dealing with the frustration of Kodi, today I just paid the 2 bucks at Redbox to rent 12 Strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.