What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

Porksoda

Alice remained green for me even in quite cold and rainy autumn at 49N, but I thing she stopped bud development in that cold weather, at least one more hot week would be great, unfortunately I was not lucky :) When I chopped her, there was no mold, rot or powder mildew, she seems to be quite resistant. It was grown at friends place and some of his plants grown just next to this one had some mold spots. Here are some night harvest shots.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Zitz

Lots of resin there Porksoda, defo has a hashplant look, do you know the genetics of Alice?

I like the sound of Lily - people rave about the tropical fruit smell/flavor and uplifting yet calm effect.

I've also seen a less common strain from delicatessen that intrigues - called "dreams and honey" - a pure Congolese cross if I remember correct. I wonder if the Congo's used were landrace (Point Noire?) and not the ace congo which is a hybrid.

anurag

herms

herms

Anyone have any herm issues with Delicatessen's fem lines?
Don't remember if the QM/Reina Madre is feminized, but grew it last year - all female. Am running First Lady now, it is feminized and all female so far. At first, I was worried it would stretch too much for my space, as it wasn't topped or trained, but vertical growth has slowed, and all is well.

mobi50

hi Zitz, the congos used by Original Delicatessen were landraces and not Ace's. One that remained green throughout the flowering, and another that turn purple and came from the north by the border with Central Africa. This second one was very aromatic and contributed to the smell of the Lilly and the Dreams & Honey.
Alice is a Queen Mother X Congo (green).

G

Queen Mother 5 weeks from seed,switched the timer today due to lack of space:biggrin:
picture.php
picture.php

BruceBanner

QM is the fastest flowering and the fattest in my bonsai stable (I've cut off one main + one small branch, because I taught it was male)

About 29 days from flip
SugarLoaf / Panama / QM

103z8k5.jpg

j9u9on.jpg

Plants are small, but it seems they are more than average fat for this stage of flowering, or I'm just sweet lying to myself lol :D

Lilly just started to flower (pretty much defoliated her during time, very big fans and much foliage, going to continue with that, so she shoots even more branches if possible)

2uge1io.jpg

2vn2ywi.jpg

Last edited:

canna.ballistic

hi Zitz, the congos used by Original Delicatessen were landraces and not Ace's. One that remained green throughout the flowering, and another that turn purple and came from the north by the border with Central Africa. This second one was very aromatic and contributed to the smell of the Lilly and the Dreams & Honey.

Thanks for that information mobi50.

Any chance you can provide more information on First Lady, and whether she has any relationship to Pollyanna or Early Girl (as per Mustafunk's speculation in an earlier post) ?? :)

Zitz

Thanks for the info, good to know they are landrace, If I had the right climate I would defo try dreams and honey and make a bunch of crosses - including double congo from TSC...That would make a quad congo hehe.

So if I have this correct Dreams and Honey is pure Congolese (2 Congo strains), and Lily = Queen mother x Dreams and honey?

48N

What's the difference between dreams & honey and Reina madre? Especially considering the high and the comedown? Which is more "sativa" to you?

mobi50

They both are sativas, but the Queen Mother (that is the correct name!) is more sativa looking and stretches much more than Dreams & Honey.

Koondense

Veteran
The name is the same just different language. I guess in Spain they speak spanish so I would assume the true name is Reina Madre :)
Also Sus Majestad(Her Majesty), Primera Dama(First Lady)...

baduy

That was my guess too and that's how I First heard QM (in Spain) but if mobi50 says so. He's Spanish.

Last edited:

mobi50

I made the remark 'couse someone made a copy (top manta) of the Queen Mother and sells it as reina madre. The original names are all in english and since you all understand it, in order to avoid confusion I think is better if we call them by their proper name. Thank you.

Latest posts

Latest posts