What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

METAL!!!!

since i saw the new music forum, i figured id start a new thread.

:sasmokin: :sasmokin: :headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange :sasmokin: :sasmokin:

Metal. Its fast. Its brutal. We love it.

That about sums it up... I know you metalheads are out there, ive seen you in the "what are you listening to" thread. Hopefully, this will be the place we can sound off about our favorite atrists and share some killer tunes. i didnt want to be presumptuous and call this the "official" metal thread......

now for some sweet tunes.

Check out some friends of mine, they call themselves skank. Even though its a myspace, they arent your typical myspace crap. PhenoMenal can attest to this. myspace.com/skankmusic id like some feedback if possible

Keep it brutal

burning_red

eyes that shine...
ICMag Donor
aHH METAL
brings back memories of youth.I'll mellowed with age but have seen some radical gigs
saw Iron Maiden when Di anno was their singer back in 84 or so
seen Slayer on the Reign in blood tour
saw misfits,circle jerks,flotsam and jetsam ,judas priest multiple times,danzig multiple times,Kreator--they were blazin--Voivod---smoked some of my homegrown with Piggy at a gig.Will check thru my old tickets and get back with more.Couldn't take those moshpits nowdays though

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
ok guys, there was a similar thread somehwere in the forums... posted a similar list, here is a list of some of my favorite metal albums, in no specific order:

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Sepultura - Arise
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Pantera - Strength beyond strength
Suffocation - Pierced from Within (this album is simply unmatched in terms of thickness)
Therion - Secrets of the Runes
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Testament - The New World Order
Metallica - Ride The Lighting
Metallica - Master of Puppets (everything else besides those two albums is kinda gay except and justice for all)
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
A.N.I.M.A.L - fin de un mundo enfermo (argentina)
Messuggah - None
Messuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
Noxious - Grotesque Death (venezuela)
Masacre - Sacrilegio extremo (colombia)

surely forgetting a few...

Peace!

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
fire-Slayer-021.gif

Collie Man

Hell yeah I love metal!

I get down with...

dying fetus (deathmetal
skinless ****(death metal
system of a down
tool
moonshine (local
wake up on fire (local

ect...

I enjoy almost every genre except country

Last edited:

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
ive been listening to a lot of killwhitneydead - their use of audio samples in the music keeps me coming back. Pretty brutal break downs.

Im looking forward to the new Behemoth album - anyone else into them?

ow and to any Sepultura fans - mad respect :headbange

New Behemoth tunes? i gotta hear that shit!

lets see.... should i make this post about newer metal or older metal? i think we should start with some respect to the old school.

King Diamond
Sabbath
Iron Maiden (saw them live twice)
Motorhead (front row '04 tour)
Yngwie Malmsteen

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
was a big metal fan in my teens (maiden, ACDC, Saxon, Black Sabbath etc)
but as I got older I mellowed out a bit and got more into rock and acoustic's
now my son is playing with bands he's into metal (Pantera, Lamb of God etc)
so the metal thing has come full circle so to speak, though his metal is a bit more thrash than what I was into

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
im old and my world is still full of metal among all other nice music. damn i miss pantera(rip dimebag). tool are great(especially on shrooms) and so is kyuss and sabbath

soulfly22583

Veteran
Im with you Esbe - I miss Pantera and still celebrate Dime's life as often as I can. I have to explain to lots of bartenders what a Blacktooth Grin is =)

ConceptOfSleep

Defiitely glad that there is a Metal thread here... I am a metal head at heart...its what made me start playing guitar to begin with...I think Master of Puppets was the album that really made me want to pick up a guitar and wail!!:headbange

Well lately, Ive been a bit dissapointed on the Metal scene in general, but there still is some great stuff coming out... Here are some of my favorite Metal bands of today or Yesterday...

World Under Blood - Give these guys a listen! myspace.com/worldunderblood
Mastadon
Unearth
All That Remains
Shadows Fall
Between the Buried and Me
Black Label Society
Metallica
Pantera
Slayer
Kyuss (maybe not traditional metal, but they are KINGS of Stoner Metal!!)
Overkill
Iron Maiden
Death
Malevolent Creation

gotta love the Metal!!

:joint:

EDIT: Soulfly and Esbe...I miss Dime like crazy too!! No-one tore up the fretboard like he did....and man what a genuinely nice guy...Blacktooth Grins all around!!! :headbange

Also Esbe...Kyuss is damn good anytime...Mushrooms just add to the ambience... :joint:

Last edited:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Yeah, grew up on old school metallica, black sabbath, AC/DC, slayer, etc etc...and some more glam bands which I won't mention...:redface: But hey, I was only 9 or 10. :)

Got to see Pantera and Dimebag on their Great Southern Trendkill tour...:headbange
Threw up some weed on the stage.

Recently listening to Testament, Arsis, Cannabis Corpse (lol), just coming out of a death/extreme phase I was in for a few years.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
i was lucky enough to go see pantera and slayer on the extreme steel tour in '01 had be the best concert ever for me.....dimebag was the greatest live WOW rip dime.
Dimebag064.jpg
now lets go drink some black tooths and have a joint

soulfly22583

Veteran
buckeye-leaf said:
i was lucky enough to go see pantera and slayer on the extreme steel tour in '01 had be the best concert ever for me.....dimebag was the greatest live WOW rip dime.
Dimebag064.jpg
now lets go drink some black tooths and have a joint

Hell yeah! I got to see that tour too! Pantera/Slayer/Morbid Angel/Static-X!!!! Great fucking show!

Got to see Pantera and Soulfly tour also - that was amazing. Watched Dime pitch a black tooth to the WWE guy Triple H in the pit. Great show!

C6H6

anyone into symphonic metal, nightwish, Sirenia, tarot.
lately i cant seem to get enough. as for other metal i listen to lets see
anthrax
KoRn
hatebreed
In flames
and i don't know if their considered metal, but its good music none the less, Mindless Self-Indulgence

Latest posts

Latest posts