What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
its a new season and i am ready for some football!
in addition to the "usual suspects", lets hear from all you other IC_Mag members who enjoy the sport
last season was a lot of fun and im hoping this season is just as good

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
there you go! hup234, way to get the ball rolling
i know we have a lot of patriots fans here (maybe we will see some philly fans posting up this season)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
fantasy football sounds like fun, one of the frequent posters in the last thread plays and is often around to share his insight
how long have you been playing fantasy, caliprop215?
a couple afc west teams looks like they have potential this season
denver has a world class defense but a hole at qb, kc has a lot of weapons on offense, but an unproven rookie starting this season
the chargers have a solid team on both sides of the ball but who cares about them (certainly not their new home town)

caliprop215

Veteran
fantasy football sounds like fun, one of the frequent posters in the last thread plays and is often around to share his insight
how long have you been playing fantasy, caliprop215?
a couple afc west teams looks like they have potential this season
denver has a world class defense but a hole at qb, kc has a lot of weapons on offense, but an unproven rookie starting this season
the chargers have a solid team on both sides of the ball but who cares about them (certainly not their new home town)
Only been playi g a couple years....yea im worried about kansas city. Not too worried bout broncos and chargers.gna be a crazy year. Gruden gna take us far like he did last time he was in Oakland

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
thats going way back,bruh but gruden had some good years in oakland
until we see what mahomes can do i think kc is still kind of up in the air
he has a lot of pieces around him and that should make the transition easier, but hes still just starting out

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Supposedly mahomes has been throwing a bunch of interceptions in practice, especially when they've been in pads and helmets, which is closest to game conditions.
He's only in his 2nd year so it's not unusual for turnovers to still be an issue even if he plays well.

Gruden is a wild card for me. He's been doing MNF for the past decade so he's seen how the passing game and offenses have evolved, you have to think it's given him some good ideas. David carr wasnt as good last year as in 2016, but his line wasnt as good, amari had the yips and maybe he was nursing some injuries, but still he's capable of greatness (and he's getting paid for it).

The raiders could be 11-5 this year or 5-11, neither outcome would surprise me that much.

Hey tarzan, you ever check out andrew luck's fake twitter account? It's kind of amusing. https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck

It's great there's pats fans here but are they still going to follow
the team when the brady and belichick era ends? Cause there used to be a bunch of niners and seahawks fans here and you don't hear a peep from them the last year...

shithawk420

Veteran
So Urlacher is going in the Hall of Fame tommorow.better put on my jersey. I think the Bears might beat the Ravens but who cares.im just ready for football

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The actual enshrinement ceremony happened today but wont be televised till Saturday. Guess they gotta edit it before airing it.

I didnt realize that the HOF game is a 5th preseason game for the bears and ravens. Guess thats why the bears arent playing any starters - plenty of time for them to get reps in the other 4 games.

That twitter account is weird, it's imagining andrew luck as a captain in a civil war era military unit. Maybe cause he's such a square dude, that you could easily imagine him being excessively formal and polite like a gentleman from that time would be?

Next preseason games start next thursday, with giants vs browns (saquon vs baker) and cowboys vs 49ers. Maybe the starters will get a series or two, get a glimpse at the hype surrounding each team.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
in some ways i dont mind watching the 2nd stringers come out and play
it gives you a chance to see guys who might not make the team or are on the bench a lot
its not till week two and three that they start getting serious and playing the 1's for more than a few reps
5-11 or 11-5... i am leaning more towards the 5-11 myself but thats based on last years play
if carr can return to form and the defense can produce this could be a turn around year for the raiders
im not sold on mahomes just yet either,baba'
im hearing about how he got to learn while riding the bench behind smith last season, but its a whole nuther world when you are the #1
he does have a variety or weapons around him and i can imagine a lot of short passes if hes having trouble getting the ball to his guys
its kind of hard to be jumping up and down for football when its 80* outside, but hey, this is what weve been waiting for guys

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
ahaha, that shit is too funny baba'; i never realised how much luck looks likes an old timey type of guy!

"Dearest mother —
I have been lifting all manner of creature off the ground in an effort to strengthen my sidearm. The scratches and bite marks are welcomed as my body and resolve grows. To be battle tested, I must be battle ready.
— Andrew"

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Luck is known as the neckbeard for a reason, Pop. Just an unkempt thatch of hair running down his cheeks into his neck, probably meeting his chest hairs. Or as iTarzan likes to call it, Andy's Cum Catcher.

It was interesting seeing chase daniels play. He's one of the league's highest paid backup qb's but has hardly ever played in a regular season game, and now we know why. He looked decent early on, threw one int off the back of a lineman's helmet but bears got a turnover of their own and he threw a TD on the next drive. But as the game went on he got progressively worse, threw another INT.

One thing that worries me about the raiders is gruden's influence on personnel. From not resigning crabtree to signing 32 year old jordy nelson to 8M/yr, drafting an athletic project at off line with their first round pick and expecting the league's worst O-line coach to develop him, those moves seem questionable to me. Then again, what do i know, could all work out just great time will tell.

I like mahomes's potential with those weapons he has, kelce, tyreek, kareem, watkins. And maybe he'll end up as a top 5 qb but surely his worst year will be this year, his 2nd year in the league and first as a starter. Aaron rodgers sat behind favre for 3 years, his 4th year he was the starter (favre was traded to the jets) and had a pretty good year, but it wasn't till his 5th year that he blew up and became an elite qb. Just need those game reps, man.

Manziel started a game in the cfl after being traded to a new team and having only 4 practices with them; he threw for 100yds and 4 int's. Sooo, maybe he can play qb for the bears, he's certainly crappy enough...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
You mean you didnt just cum in your pants after luck threw a 75 yard TD in practice? Come on now...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i saw the "highlights" of manziel game if you can it that, baba'; one of the picks wasnt really his fault (bounced off the receivers pads into the defenders arms) but the rest were pretty bad throws